PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions

jtjr099
09-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi,
I am building a new truck and should be at the Frankenduro. I have a question about where you guys are putting your batteries. I am gonna put a passenger seat in my truck so inside is not gonna work. Do you think it would be ok if I mounted it in the bed. Also, can anyone help me out and let me know what size tires you guys are running. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Joe #9

EnduroFromDE
09-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, the battery. I'm not too sure, you might be able to keep it in the stock location. But the tires must be factory size, 15, 16, 17 inch. Putting thinner tires in the rear will make the truck real loose. Taller side walls should lower your RPM in relation to youR speed, in return increasing your speed.

RacinRob
09-27-2006, 08:57 PM
At my home track, if you move the battery to the bed, you must have a Lexan rear window.

Erin C
09-27-2006, 10:37 PM
The battery has to be in its stock position, it cannot be in the bed because it adds weight, which is grounds for disqualification. Trust me, i would love to add some weight to my left rear...i dont really enjoy riding on only three tires :) but a full tank of gas at all times helps a little! :applause:

Hope everything goes well and you get that truck up and running! it really is a great class!

Good luck to you!

RacinRob
09-28-2006, 07:12 PM
When the Riverhead guys come to Mountain, we pass tech with the batteries mounted in the center of the bed, not offset to the left or right...therefore, it being to no advantage.

richardpetey
09-29-2006, 09:13 PM
I usually run a couple of jumpers off my transponder, I have one of those 300lb. units that could power the space shuttle, hehe.....................:help:
As far as tires, I run the biggest ones I can, trying not to set off the stupid RPM/Ignition cut out................................ :eek:
UNCLE PETEY......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

don38
10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Word for word out of the rule book, Battery must remain in stock position or in center of bed mounted securely in a box. Must have
lexan window in back of cab if mounted in bed.

lefty turner
10-08-2006, 10:03 PM
# No rear view mirrors of any kind

That is straight from the rule book, too. I don't know if it's changed since race one, but I was about the only one WITHOUT a mirror the first race.

My point being, if it's that way with mirrors, then how do we know how it will be with batteries?