PDA

View Full Version : Chemung, NY enduros Oct 7, now Oct 14th

rcp_ny
10-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Anyone planning to come up to run this? They're using our rules, word for word. I'd be entering but right now my car doesn't start, which is a minus. Don't know about the times for the event, only what's on the website.

http://www.chemungspeedrome.net/

nbwracing
10-03-2006, 06:05 PM
The picture on the website looks really cool I would like to find out more about it my son Kevin #12 would look good flying around that race track. if you find out any please post it thanks big Mike

tstiles
10-04-2006, 12:01 PM
The place is awesome. The workers are really nice. The track is smooth and the lighting is great. I can't think of 1 bad thing I noticed about the place when I went. Good luck to all that are attending.

#4 trux

rcp_ny
10-04-2006, 03:28 PM
I'll post with more info if I see or hear any.

Right now it doesn't seem like there's much promotion of it going on, including no mention of any times Saturday at all. So that doesn't give me great confidence. But maybe that'll pick up shortly.

TeamCCP
10-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I would love to try this!!! Does anyone know what time you would need to be at the track? I already booked work for Saturday morring, so if its before like 1PM I wont be able to make it.

NJ Chick
10-04-2006, 10:03 PM
I just sent an email to Chris Zacharias asking about times and any other info we may need. Hopefully he will respond quickly, and as soon as he does, I will post it here! If anyone else hears anything, let us know :wave: rcp_ny get crackin and get that car started! :lol: :applause:

woot lawrence
10-05-2006, 09:46 AM
I just got off the phone with Bob Stapelton from Chemung Speedway, and he said that this Saturday's enduro has been cancelled due to lack of interest. :*-(

rcp_ny
10-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Yes, I see that raceny.com now has a post from the track PR person (I believe that's Carol's title) that it is cancelled also.

It may be true that it was cancelled due to lack of interest, but I think it was lack of promoter's interest, not lack of interest amongst racers.

I sent an email about it to the track email addr months ago asking about the rules and got no response. Many requests for info from others over the summer on raceny.com also got no response.

Just goes to show that we should really appreciate our very own Billy B for the way he promotes our series! :applause:

NJ Chick
10-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the info guys....needless to say, I haven't heard anything back either! Oh well...it's their loss!

:wave: :wave:

rcp_ny
10-06-2006, 11:14 AM
All the details can be found in this raceny.com post by Chris Zach:

http://www.raceny.com/discus/messages/13/49863.html?1160145107

In case you can't see the post's title, it is "NY State Enduro Championship Sat Oct 14th Rain or Shine!".

Richie
10-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Too bad they can't make up their minds.

raceguy
10-08-2006, 12:28 AM
The race is on!

Go to www.chemungspeedrome.net for all the info! :cool:

woot lawrence
10-08-2006, 03:43 PM
How many times are they gonna schedule, cancel and then re-schedule??? :mad:

rcp_ny
10-09-2006, 11:15 AM
So far, 2 times. :)

But I think this time it's gonna stick. I was at their races yesterday (holy sunburn in October! :eek: ) and they were hawking it quite a bit, which is good. They stressed it would run rain or shine.

I don't have the slightest idea what sort of car count to expect... I'm hoping it's enough to make them want to do it again next year.

Especially in the 6-cyl race, I don't think there are a lot of those out there, so I could get a top 5 if only 5 of us show up! :D Doesn't look like I'll have it running by then though... not much daylight to work with these days!

TeamCCP
10-09-2006, 08:46 PM
If only my sister-in-law wasn't getting married on the 14th. :*-( Maybe next time.

rcp_ny
10-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Do you mean "Maybe next time they run at Chemung" or "Maybe next time my sister-in-law gets married"?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just found out I'm going to be out of town Saturday too, so I won't even get to go watch it. :disgusted If anyone goes to it, I'd really like to hear a report on it (car counts, how it was run, etc).

NJ Chick
10-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Sorry that neither one of you can make it :( By any chance, do you know if they will use transponders or hand scoring for the enduros?? :confused:

rcp_ny
10-10-2006, 05:00 PM
I've never seen any evidence of a transponder system there.

raceguy
10-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Having raced there in the Factory Stock division, I will go with the hand scoring guess as the mode that will be used....

richardpetey
10-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Well Cinderella and Hollywood, are we making the trip................. :confused:
It would be another track we could strike off the attendance list, hehe.................. :eek:
Maybe we will be CHEMUNG friends.................................... :help:
UNCLE PETEY................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NJ Chick
10-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Road trip!! :drool: The Purple Monster will be ready to roll Uncle Petey, set the alarm clock for early and let's go! :cool:

Thanks for the info about the handscoring you guys, I'll bring extra crayons!
:wave: :cool:

raceguy
10-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Congrats to the Bott clan on the Chemung win!! :applause:
Nice run by "Uncle Petey" too! :applause:

Had I not had to leave when the racing was over to head to work, I'd have stopped pitside to say "hello" to Howie and Cindy again....
I'll make it to the Mountain next season to see ya's, and I'll bring the cold ones! :cheers:

Good job once again guys!

Duane Manzer

rcp_ny
10-23-2006, 07:12 AM
I'm back from my exile....

How were the car counts? How was it run overall (I read on raceny that there were yellow flags? :confused: )?

Chris indicated that he plans to try again next year, so it must have been decent from his perspective.