PDA

View Full Version : Mountain S.P.T. race

stomas
10-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Is anyone thinking of going for the 10/21 race? If so, we should let Billy B. know, because he is considering cancelling it.

LEAD LAP
10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
The 43 Truck is planning on going. The truck is undergoing the suspension repairs from the last Riverhead race. If the race is going to be cancelled, I hope they do it soon, before a lot of needless preparation is done.

These rumors seem to happen every time a race is scheduled for Mountain. Anyone who plans on going should let Billy know ASAP, so he knows what kind of participation to expect. We haven't heard anything from Billy himself, so we assume the race is still on.

LongIslandJam
10-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm going to be the bearer of the bad news, but I feel being honest is the best policy with drivers.

Due to lack of interest, the Super Pro Trucks have been taken off the schedule. I am sorry, but Mountain is looking for a field of at least 15 trucks. They were hoping the ARTS trucks were going to supplement the loyal Riverhead contigent, and unfortunately the turnout was not very promising.

Once again, I apologize, and if enough interest is generated for next year, then they'll do it, but I repeat, you must show your interest to Mountain and Billy B.

LongIslandJam
10-05-2006, 09:19 PM
You guys have spoken, and you got your race back. The PR will be posted on the Jam and elsewhere later tonight.

W. J.
10-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Okay, now that you've gotten your race, show 'em what the Long Island Super Pro Trucks are made of. :) ;) Full info on the race can be found at www.poconothunder.net/news/2006/news/news100606a.htm

drdestruction
10-06-2006, 12:13 PM
LEAD LAP, You know what happens when you assume ? ..... :lol:
:confused: On 10/04/06 the race was cancelled :( , then on 10/5/06 the race is back on :) ?
I was offered a ride in a truck for that race, but I have to change the gears in the rear to run mountain. Well worth it but only if the race is really going to happen. As of right now there is nothing on the mountain sight about it.
Dr.D

LongIslandJam
10-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Dr Destruction,

Billy B called me to clarify the Trucks are on. They WILL happen on NELMA's date. You've got my word on it. I try to be as honest as possible with drivers as I believe that's the best policy. Trucks are on.

stomas
10-06-2006, 06:28 PM
It should be a good race if we can get enough trucks to go. So change your gears and let's go racing! :cheers:

LongIslandJam
10-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I agree Stomas,

Come on down and have some fun. Don't forget about the optional Friday practice.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

dfxmotorsports
10-10-2006, 10:55 PM
I called Mountain about the race on 10/21 and told it was canceled, but to check the web site. Now they removed it from the schedule on the site, so I don't know what's going on. I made hotel reservations for that Sat. night, but I just cancelled them too! :confused:

LongIslandJam
10-10-2006, 11:07 PM
You're misinformed.

It's on their site http://www.mountainspeedway.com/events/

http://mountainspeedway.com/press/2006_news/nelma1.htm

And it will be with NELMA. Billy assured me you guys will race with us, and you are free to practice Friday night as well.