PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

krt5199
10-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I think it would be cool to run another FemDuro during the season. Like when it is warm out or something. Either that or run just a female race. This will give us women a chance to run more than once a year. It sucked running in the rain, we couldn't show our true driving skills. LOL. I just think that maybe you might get more girls to run the regular circuit if we felt a little more comfortable behind the wheel. I've ridden as a passenger during a regular enduro (fewwww that was scary). Just a thought. What does everyone think????

CJfilms
10-04-2006, 05:15 PM
here's the problem...

I raced in the fem last season and this season...also the frankenduro the year before that...and if you recall, it rained EVERY TIME!!!! So to race during the warmer months would be a good idea, just make sure I can't get behind the wheel and you should be fine on weather too! :lol: :D :lol:

racenut38
10-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I would like to see an all girl race, maybe after a regular race if time permits.

W. J.
10-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Enduros, like football and soccer, are not supposed to be affected by rain or snow (ask Billy). An all female race? A fine idea, but what's to stop you from just entering anyone of the other enduros on the schedule during the year. I don't remember any rule stating that the participants must be male.

Erin C
10-04-2006, 07:22 PM
I DO IT!! :applause: not as well as MOST of the guys :help: , but I still do :)

richardpetey
10-04-2006, 07:57 PM
You da women, Miss E.................... :cool:
Once you get that truck half-way set up you'll be runn'en with the big dogs, hehe........................... :D
UNCLE PETEY...................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NJ Chick
10-04-2006, 10:26 PM
No WJ, there isn't a rule that says only men can drive. However, when you only have one car and your significant other is the one who drives it in every enduro and maybe is in the points, that makes it difficult for someone else to drive it without screwing up not only his points, but his fun as well. So why not let the ladies have one other race besides the Femduro? :confused:

pitbull113
10-05-2006, 01:35 AM
I agree a ladies race is a great idea most families don't have two race cars let alone the means to get two cars to the track. It also means that the guys or girls that race every race and dont have another person to put in their car for the gal/guy enduro don't have to stay home that weekend.

krt5199
10-05-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm glad that most everyone gets what I am saying. I know that there is no rule that says that you have to be male, but most of those guys are in it for the points. Like NJChick said, we have the weight on our shoulders not to screw it up. Just for fun. I also know that the enduro is rain, snow, sleet, or shine. It just sucks for like me.. we didn't run last year because it was pouring and this year we decided to grin and bear it and run. Although according to our weather 20 miles from the track, it wasn't supposed to rain until later at night. I wasn't looking for an argument, it was just a thought. Just for fun, there doesn't even have to be money or trophies, just bragging rights. Like some of the others were saying, not everyone has the luxury of getting multiple cars to the track or the money to build to cars. It was just a thought. We ran, and I had a blast past the bruises that I have on my leg, I had a great time. I just would like to be able to drive more than once a year and not have to worry about screwing up the points. Would you let your woman drive if you were in the top points???? I know that I wouldn't want to have that pressure in my hands.

vsmidge68
10-05-2006, 11:45 AM
:help: MORE LADIES RACES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W. J.
10-05-2006, 05:20 PM
No WJ, there isn't a rule that says only men can drive. However, when you only have one car and your significant other is the one who drives it in every enduro and maybe is in the points, that makes it difficult for someone else to drive it without screwing up not only his points, but his fun as well. So why not let the ladies have one other race besides the Femduro? :confused:
I was referring to generalities here, not your specific situation. I see the problem as you present it, and I'm not against an all female race. I think that would be a great idea, but according to the way you present your situation, maybe it would be a good stand alone event, just in case (crash!!!)

pitbull113
10-05-2006, 05:43 PM
I was referring to generalities here, not your specific situation. I see the problem as you present it, and I'm not against an all female race. I think that would be a great idea, but according to the way you present your situation, maybe it would be a good stand alone event, just in case (crash!!!)Just let the ladies race at the end of the day, that way if there is an on track incident, there is time to fix the car before the next race. Not to say there is a better chance of the ladies wrecking cars, but if it does happen, it doesn't impact the guys that are running for points.

W. J.
10-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Just let the ladies race at the end of the day, that way if there is an on track incident, there is time to fix the car before the next race. Not to say there is a better chance of the ladies wrecking cars, but if it does happen, it doesn't impact the guys that are running for points.
But if the story is reversed, and the guy is in a wreck, and can't fix the damage, the lady is left without a car. If it were a stand alone event, that would not be a problem.

racenut38
10-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Start the race a little sooner and keep it up in the air. If we go without any delays, then let the girls sign up at the end, so if thay still have a car to run, they can sign up and go racin. Just a thought.

NJ Chick
10-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Make it a planned event as an add-on to an already scheduled race. That way there is no, "are we or aren't we" going to be racing that day and then end up with only 3 cars for each division. Have the girls go after the guys are finished with their races. If the guy wrecks the car, perhaps the girl can find another ride. Ok girls, maybe we could do it on the Labor Day race since our work is never done. :disgusted We could call it the "Vacuuming Sucks 50 Lapper" or "Pick up your own Blasted Socks 50" or something like that... :lol: No matter which day Billy would let us do it, if he lets us do it at all, it still would be fun to have a race just for the girls :wave: :cool:

W. J.
10-07-2006, 10:02 AM
"Vacuuming Sucks" ? Isn't that redundant? ;)

How about the "Not Tonight Honey 50" ;) ?

At any rate, I like your idea about how to do this. I'll bet Billy does, too.

richardpetey
10-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Womans Enduro Team racing/league, whatever........... :applause:
Judging from some of the great driving I saw in the gals half of the Femduro, you deserve your own division........... :cool:
Gonna have to get you girls involved in getting your own cars somehow........... :help:
UNCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NEETS-1
10-07-2006, 10:24 PM
You guys (gals) have spoken, and I hear you. I am creating ways to always keep our organization fresh and fun. I am taking NEETS in a new direction next year in 2007. No rule changes, (except a few safety) just different type races, new add-ons, etc. I really don't want to let the cats out of the bag yet because we are always being copied in one way or another (but we are proud to say we always do it first)!!!...but never get the credit?
I do like the idea of a "all female" event, maybe a big car at the end of one day and a 4cyl at the end of another. I would put one stipulation in though so it is not fruitless entering one of these events.....no full time racers allowed. I think this should be fun for ALL the ladies, but if you have a full time enduro, or a mod, SS or any other veteran driver, the fun is just not there watching them run off with the show.
I will add these Ladies races to our schedule in 2007, along with a few more surprises that I may announce at the banquet in December. I will not have definite dates at that time (because of the way I do my scheduling) but we'll have an idea of what you can expect to see in '07.
I don't want to turn NEETS into a Barnum-Bailey circus deal, but we can certainly put on some entertaining events for the drivers and fans alike. We are enduro racers....we will race to have fun. We are family and will always keep it that way. AND I am proud to say we are one of the best series in the Northeast...and probably the best Enduro series in the world. (Unless you can tell me of another that's better)??? So you too should be very proud, because you are NEETS :applause:

DB Motorsports
10-07-2006, 11:11 PM
I think that is a great idea to make a true ladies race happen (with no ringers). My cousin ran the wheels off that 33 car, and she always ran as a passenger in the races. This was her first time racing the car as a driver, and led almost the first half of the race. I think the girls in the pits deserve more credit, and should get more seat time with a race dedicated just for them. And back to my first topic (How come the Frankenduro isn't 131 laps like last year?).

" Just one man's opinion"

NEETS-1
10-08-2006, 12:11 AM
DB...I announced last year at the banquet that in 2006 all events except the "MUTHA' would be 100 laps to even things out a little. Ya never know what I'll do....I like ta keep ya all fresh, hehe. :lol:

vsmidge68
10-08-2006, 06:22 AM
I REALLY LIKE UNCLE PETEYS NAME FOR THE LADIES DIV. THAT WOULD BE COOL! SOUNDS LIKE BILLY HAS SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE!! GLAD TO SEE YOUR COMPUTER IS UP AND RUNNING!! :applause:

DB Motorsports
10-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Keep It Fresh Billy!!!!!

TeamCCP
10-08-2006, 07:37 PM
I love this enduro racing!!! This series is so cool because it starts in January and goes all year. You don't have to be at the track every Friday/Saturday night trying to run for a points title. This is like once a month you go out race 100 laps w/ like 100 other cars!!! If you get "lucky" enough to win one, you make out with some really good loot. Every time I read somewhere on here or another board about NEETS running something different, like at different tracks, on dirt, over a road course, or having a powder puff race, I get so excited about being involved with such a great organization. How cool would it be to run 100 laps on asphalt, then the next month, 100 more on dirt, then go to a road course...All with your buddy riding shot gun!!!! I would feel like a NASCAR team with a $500 race car!!! You just can't get that racing at the local 1/4 mi oval Saturday nites.

I'm so glad I found this series, I can't wait till the next race and next year to start right at the beginning. (w/ the defrost on high and snow tires) Billy, keep up the excellent work, I love this stuff!!!

pitbull113
10-09-2006, 11:37 PM
AND I am proud to say we are one of the best series in the Northeast...and probably the best Enduro series in the world. The world? maybe even the universe....though I heard there is some good hard racing on uranus. :D :lol:

krt5199
10-10-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm glad that all these women and men feel the same way. I wasn't looking for an argument from anyone. I understand that anyone can run any race, but like Billy said that the regular "race car" drivers have an advantage. I give these women soooo much credit getting out there every week with a bunch of guys and race their little hearts out. I love it. I was just simply stating how much fun it was running the car, having my finance sitting next to me, telling me go go go go go and giving me credit for missing the wrecks and swerving around. We had a blast. I wasn't looking for a new division, or class, or whatever, simply just a woman's race.
I agree with the questions what if??? What if he wrecks it and I can't run. That gives the guys or the gals more incentive to actually drive the car and not just plow their way through the field. If they know that one or the other has to race after them, maybe there will be more racing than wrecking. Don't get me wrong, I love the part when cars are spinning all over the track, but I think that there are a few that think that it is a demolition derby in a circle. Which it's not. Like Billy said at the drivers meeting, we stand behind our men all the time and put up with hearing the impact gun at 2am the night before the race because they can't seem to work on the car the entire month that they have. lol. I love going to the track and seeing all the friends that we made since we have been running. It's like an extended family.
The only complaint that I had from the Femduro was the way that we started. I had no problem with what Billy intended to do, but..... I didn't think that it was fair for the two guys that drove the cars right up to the track entrance and their ladies ran over to the car and jumped in and made it out first. We were all the way in the back (which was our own decision) and I ran the entire length and buckled up and then went out and I still started within the top 6. I think that it shoud have been more clear about how the "rules" were for starting. None of the 4 cyl drove their cars up to the entrance. Just another thought. Man I'm full of them, huh?
Well, I can't wait to see what is in store for the 2007 season. I'm so excited. I hope that the NEETS will be around for at least another 9 years, because my 7 year old is itching to get behind that wheel. He thinks that it is the greatest thing in the world.

NEETS-1
10-10-2006, 06:36 PM
I love your attitude...it makes us all feel so good. :applause:
(Also if you didn't notice...I trekked out on the track when I seen those girls do that and set them back 5 spots) :rolleyes:

richardpetey
10-10-2006, 06:39 PM
NEETS even gets good press on my planet.......................... :eek:
Yes, you're right, Mr Pitbull.....The racing on Uranus is usually "cheek to cheek"........................................ :help:
Although, the women on my planet have a little trouble with their five point harness, it interferes with their three cup bras.................. :rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

vsmidge68
10-10-2006, 07:28 PM
I think you put that very nicely, krt. :applause: Although we weren't at the Femduro ( so I can't comment on that) I agree with the rest of your post completely :applause: :)

krt5199
10-11-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm glad to hear that those certain people were put back. That's why we like running the NEETS because they actually do something about the wrong things. I just know that I can't wait to run again next year. Hopefully it will be nice and not rain like it has done for the past two years!!

danielleallen89
10-22-2006, 12:08 PM
An all women's race sounds awesome! I've been on the track before for practice, but the femduro was my first actual race, with a new car I wasn't even used to getting into, let alone driving, or taking out on the track. I came in 8th in the womens and my dad made it into 12th. He's been racing enduro for over a year and I came in in a better spot than him, but I was also racing with all girls, too. January the season starts, and I'm running the season. I'm excited. I know all ya'll veterans will take care of the rookie.