PDA

View Full Version : Oct @ Mountain/MVS/Chemung

NEETS-1
10-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Ya know, for the life of me I cannot figure how some tracks add to their schedule against other tracks events when there are better dates to get more cars and fans.
Chemung....for example cancelled last week on Thursday for their Sunday show and re-sheduled for the same day as KOTM. :confused:
MVS... Yes they had many rainouts but placing their re-scheduled ROC show on the NELMA date which was scheduled for a year....when the week before and after could guarantee them more cars/fans? :confused:
Isn't it these people's jobs and in the best interest of all to find dates that will be to their benefit?....or is it on purpose? :confused: When I do a schedule, I research every avenue to make sure our event will do as well as possible. It just has me confused.

W. J.
10-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Isn't it these people's jobs and in the best interest of all to find dates that will be to their benefit?....or is it on purpose? :confused: When I do a schedule, I research every avenue to make sure our event will do as well as possible. It just has me confused.
Maybe you are the ONLY one doing this. It's really sad others don't learn.

LongIslandJam
10-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Billy,

While I understand your frustration (trust me, I'm affected first hand), I think tracks who have had a crazy amount of rainouts are looking for ANY way to recoup losses. I agree, when everyone works together it produces a greater good for everyone, but when everyone's wallet took a big hit from the rainouts, people go back to survival mode to recoup any losses. I feel that's the root of this year's causes.

Let's hope mother nature works to our benefit in 2007!

33Munky34
10-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Billy, what I think you fail to realize is that the decision to change the ROC was not made by MVS. IT was made by the ROC official. I agree with you though I am not very happy we are racing on the 21st. I would have like to come to the NELMA race and support the series. I know this has been said about a million times before, but I wish all the tracks could just come to a common ground on rules and schedules (I know that would be harder). Well, I have said my piece, good luck to everyone at KOTM and the NELMA race.