PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Sunday & Sap

Jaws
10-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Taking my first trip to Mountain on Sunday for KOTM.

Looks like aout 15 or so LI cars at the track trying to qualify.

Should be fun.

W. J.
10-07-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm going too, see you on I-80, LOL.

hollywoodmic
10-09-2006, 10:18 AM
SAP got screwed. Dave Sapienza, ran a great race. Early in the race he was running up front. The car started to have an ill handling problem. Dave fell back to 12th. On lap 75 they were going to have a competition caution. On lap 74 he was involved with the 54 car as the leaders were approaching. Dave kept going, actually through the dirt and that little pit road. The officials came over the radio and said the drivers involved get their spots back. We went one green flag lap and out came the competition caution. SAP was 12th and on the lead lap. When my brother asked the official on lap 75 if Dave had lost a lap, he was told NO, he's on the lead lap. Green comes back out and in 5 laps they have a caution. Dave pits takes 4 tires and goes out around 15th. He does a great job coming through the field, and takes the lead around lap 100. The caution comes out, SAME WAY AS LAST YEAR. (Earl Paules spins himself out so he can pit and get tires). Last year's winner did the same thing. When the 8 and the 53 came out of the pits, Dave had pulled ahead of Zane Ziener and Dan Jivanelli under caution. The 8 and the 53 would not go around Dave, so he sped up, they point to the 22 as the leader and restart the race with SAP at the back with the 8 and the 53. When the next caution came out, SAP stops at the start finish line and they tell him he lost a lap. WHERE?? WHEN?? HOW?? He should have been leading the race. Even at this point, OK they put him in the back, before the 8 car caused his own caution, Dave passed him for what seemed to be the lead, if it wasn't, wouldn't that have put him on the tail end of the lead lap, for passing the leader??? End of the race, he finished 7th in line and they scored him 12th. They said he was a lap down still, so in other words he lost 2 laps, according to them. When Dave went up to get answers, he was sent from this booth to that booth, and no one could tell him when he lost the laps. They told him they were "almost" 100% sure he went "a" lap down, around lap 55. I was calling updates in to Bob Finan and at lap 44, he was in the Top 5. How did he lose a lap on or around lap 55? What is the sense of having a transponder if you can't tell someone when they lost a lap. Dave has a 3 1/2 hour ride home and they said, "You can wait until after the street stocks" to get the lap rundown. I think the folks at Mountain do a great job with this show and I have always supported it. I just think yesterday Dave Sapienza got robbed. I don't know if he would have won, but at least let him lose it, don't take it from him. I didn't want to take anything from Earl Paules either; he and Brian Defebo drove their as*es off yesterday. I also want to say Riverhead was represented well, though the finish may not show that. Little Eddie was flying, just had some mechanical problems. Joe Hartman and Ken Heagy put on a show coming from the back, Heagy did it like 4 times. Dan Jivinelli ran the best I've seen him in years he was just so smooth. The Fish had his problems, but still had a good finish; Sal Accardi Jr., for his first time there, was a great watch until he got a flat, and Justin Bonsignore did a real nice job as well. As for Dave Sapienza, I have a new found respect for his driving ability, he did a great job all day. I'd just love Billy to get on here and try to give us some kind of explanation on how this team got screwed.

Steve Halpin

Mortgage Guy
10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
The only thing I will add is that Billy and the transponder "guy" say the computer does not lie but, he can override (his words not mine) the computer at any time to give some a lap back or take it away. So what is the sense in having the transponder. I feel that when Dave went through the infield his transponder never picked up the completed lap and that is where he got screwed. Even though I did ask right after it happened and they said he was fine. When I said to them what about when he passed the leader under green, at least that should have moved him to the lead lap and 7th not 12th in the end, Billy said he was watching for wrecks and didn't see the leader get passed by Dave and so did the transponder guy. Funny thing is the announcers said clear as day that Dave had raced his way back to the lead lap (which he never lost) but how do officials anywhere at the track not see him at worst case after the first error get him back to the lead lap? I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to the true winner of KOTM, Dave Sapienza.

pitbull113
10-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Another Long Islander screwed at Mt. speedway, why is that not a surprise . :mad:

SpeedyMS
10-09-2006, 03:42 PM
There were a couple of cars I thought were a lap down, the 17 and 4, that ended up in the top 10.

hollywoodmic
10-09-2006, 04:10 PM
I just find it odd, that whenever Billy wants to promote something on this forum, he does so. Now as a fan you ask for an explanation and no one can reply. One of the biggest injustices I've seen in racing, and the guy who promotes us to come to his track on this very forum, can't give a simple explanation as to; WHEN Dave Sapienza lost his laps?????????????? Can you please answer that for us inquiring minds??

kleilamotorsports
10-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Pretty funny, the same kind of thing happened to me last year.

W. J.
10-09-2006, 06:30 PM
I just find it odd, that whenever Billy wants to promote something on this forum, he does so. Now as a fan you ask for an explanation and no one can reply. One of the biggest injustices I've seen in racing, and the guy who promotes us to come to his track on this very forum, can't give a simple explanation as to; WHEN Dave Sapienza lost his laps?????????????? Can you please answer that for us inquiring minds??
Give him a chance, he has a regular, non-racing related job, like so many others of us do..

nitros77
10-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Heck, they don't even know where I finished; the results say 18th, the check say's 17th. But really, all kidding aside, that really stinks for Sap. He was driving his *** off. I have to give a huge SHOUT OUT TO HIM AND HIS CREW I didn't have to ask, they pitted my car like it was theirs. You guy's are why racing is fun and I can't wait till we do it again. Next year, Dave, you'll kick their butts again.

NEETS-1
10-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Do you have a job???
Well I do!!! You post at 10am and bash me for not answering at 4pm??? I work 9-5 every day and a half day Saturdays. This forum is not my life.
I will get Sap in touch with the transponder operator and THEY can converse about his lap down. I run the races, format, officials and watch the races in the tower for incidents, and make the decisions for the calls. Tell Sap to email me and I will give him the information.

nitros77
10-09-2006, 06:44 PM
What good will it do now, it's over, should've addressed it last night before the races were over, when his spotter was asking about the mistake.

W. J.
10-09-2006, 06:54 PM
There were a couple of cars I thought were a lap down, the 17 and 4, that ended up in the top 10.
The official finishing spot for the #4 was 14th, 3 laps down. The #17 finished 5th, and was in the top 5 after pits stops had been accomplished by most teams. That's from my race notes, NOT the transponders.

Mortgage Guy
10-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey Billy, he does have a job first of all, but I will let him defend himself. Back to after the race; do you remember having a conversation with myself and Sap after the race and sending us up to the transponder guy who had nothing to say but I think I am 100% right, but I'm not sure what lap you lost your lap? So basically, he told us nothing, and then as I asked for a further explanation, I was just ignored by everyone. Now I can honestly say that I love going to your track, and will continue to go no matter what, but what happened yesterday was a joke. Not only the fact that you put him a lap down, but that no one at your track knew why or when. We should all sit down together and watch a video of this race if anyone has one and see if he ever did go a lap down.

hollywoodmic
10-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Billy I didn't think this post was about my job...I thought it was about the job of yourself and the Mountain Speedway staff. "Your" job, based on the description you gave us, should be to answer for your staff, races and the goings on at the facility. It is now over 48hrs later and you, your staff, the transponder operator, no one can answer ONE SIMPLE QUESTION: WHEN DID DAVE SAPIENZA LOOSE HIS LAP AND OR LAPS?????

P.S I wish I worked from 9-5, it would be a refreshing change.

I will continue to ask (bash) until we get some kind of logical answer to one simple question, and it should be easy because your facilty uses transponders.

And also I just read the race recap on your website and it had Earl Paules passing Sapienza on lap 60 for 2nd. According to your transponder guy, he lost his lap between 55 and 57, how could he be 2nd and a lap down? Also it says that he and 2 others spun out 1 lap before the competition caution, he was still on the lead lap at that point. He pitted soon after and was one of the fastest cars on the track, he was never passed again by the 8.............I think someone owes SAP $4000.00 and an apology.

Geno
10-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Being that I am not involved in making race calls or scoring, what’s the reason for my post here? Well, I’ve been getting emails & instead of answering them all and them having those folks forward them to each other, I thought this would be much easier!

Well, I’ll answer this the best that I can, but first by saying that we don’t have radios in the announcer section of the tower. Any time any type of call is made we head next door to get the scoop on the calls.

Next, I’m not sure of the exact lap, but it was the first half of the race when Sap lost the lap. He did make up a lap (as we mentioned during the race) in the second half. Not sitting right in front of the scoring monitor at the time. Was he really two laps down and made one up? Don’t know.

Now, there is one thing that could have happened, and that would be that the caution flew on the same lap that Sap got the lap back. If that was the case, then scoring goes back to the last completed lap, where he would have still been a lap down.

Next: Personally, I don’t think anyone should be allowed to literally scream at Brad (scoring tower), especially during a race. For that matter, they shouldn’t be allowed in the tower at all. The late model race was going on and three people were up there yelling at him. I really don’t think that he came to the track that day and thought to himself that he’d “screw” drivers from Long Island (or anywhere for that matter). It’s understandable that you guys were upset and wanted an answer right away, but it’s no reason to go fly way off the handle too.

PS- The press release does not say that Paules took 2nd from Sap. It says:
“Earl Paules began steadily working through the field, as he entered the show through the consi event, and on lap sixty, Paules moved into the runner-up spot after starting twentieth. Sapienza began sliding backwards, as it was obvious that some drivers would need to pit for tires. One lap before the halfway on-track fuel stop, Sapienza, Mike Bohn and Jason Arthofer collected in turn three, which brought out the caution. Zeiner was the only car amongst the front-runners to pit for tires. He rejoined the field in the thirteenth spot.”

hollywoodmic
10-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Geno, you have transponders, simple question, WHAT LAP, WHAT LAP, WHAT LAP??????? That may be 3 questions, but can anyone please answer when he lost his lap. Also, do you video tape the races ? Can we get a look at that? If so, they must have been following the leaders to see them lap him, no?? Geno, I don't know about you, but if I was taking $4000.00 out of you or your families pocket for a weekend that cost about that, I think you may do a little yelling. Put yourself in his position, he just wanted an answer, that they couldn't give them. Unfortunately, they still can't.

I can appreciate you coming to defense of your facility, and the people that work at it, but look at the facts, they can't give any proof to back it up. If I was Mountain Speedway, I would want to tell Steve Halpin, Dave Sapienza and everyone else, here it is, "I told you so". Unfortunately, there is no proof of that. The saddest part is that no matter what is said or done, SAP gets nothing for winning the race.

nitros77
10-10-2006, 11:31 AM
I Think They Do Video The Races. I Walked Past The Tower Where The Driver's Meeting Was And Looked Up. There Was A Guy On The Roof With A Video Camera, So They Should Have It. They Also Air Races On A Channel In P.A. From Mountain.

ECT-Outlaw
10-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Let me throw another question at the Mountain Staff ... When the spotters meeting was on and everyone was talking about what to do about getting a flat and not wanting to go into the LAKE or what you gents call a infield. Billy had said "Well, because of this being the 150 lap race, I will change our rule" What was it changed to sir?? What ever you wanted it to be at the time your asked?? Because as you stated, ALL spotters must have a Track Scanner so we can hear the officals tell us what to do (which I had purchased). You stated that the 93 brought out his own yellow (The rule that was supposed to be changed). Then let him change the tire and take the green and race for about 3-4 more laps and then flow him the black flag then!!! When Billy was asked why this happened, he says, "We were trying to contact the spotter." I said I am the spotter and was right there. The answer I got was, ,"WELL THE OFFICAL COULDN'T FIND YOU!!!" So I said, "Then why didn't the flagmen give him the black while they were under caution??" I didn't get an answer to that.. So I said, "What do we do now, it's a bad call, Bill", and was told to park the car. So we did.. The best thing was when I returned the scanner to the office, and told the ladies there this radio may have cost my driver a race, because it didn't work. They tested it and said, "Oh wow, it's jumping channels". So what's that mean?? Your Radio's are junk also?? I hope you guys can get ahold of ALL this because you can have a GREAT Thing there...

P.S. Making Bad Calls and Hurting People will do nothing but hurt you at the end... #36 Dave Sap was never a lap down at anytime of that show, and you all know it... I hope you check, watch, read and do whatever it takes to Realize you made a mistake and fix it...

W. J.
10-10-2006, 01:23 PM
I will assume "the radio jumping channels" means it was set to "SCAN" mode, not placed on "MANUAL" mode to monitor a specific channel. I just wanted to clear that up.
I, too, was wondering why the #93 was black flagged and not instructed when to return to the race. I figured it was for drawing a yellow for the flat, but I thought the penalty was only a lap, not being left sitting on the infield.

I also went over my notes of the race, and while they are in no way official, I never had the #36 a lap down, just near the tail end of the lead lap (around lap 110), when #8 spun behind him, and drew a caution.

ECT-Outlaw
10-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Well I would agree with you Walt, But the scanner was set up by the Track's Office. So if that is true, then they set that up wrong.. But I can not say..

I guess we ALL can say this was a learning experience for us and the Track.

How do you tell a Driver when they get a Flat to pull off the track to the infield and wait till a yellow comes out.. So we drove 4 hours with a $100.000 and better set up to get a flat and then get told to park it... And Mountian wants us to bring more cars up there...ROLFLMAOOOOOOOOOO... I hope by the next big race up there, this rule gets changed...

I also see that Billy is setting up something between Sap and the Transponder Guy. 2 questions on that note... Can he change the ruling?? And will he have a check for the balance to give to Sap?? If there is a NO to both those questions, then starting playing that song by Billy Squire (The Stroke)

hollywoodmic
10-10-2006, 01:56 PM
W.J the 8 spun while behind him. SAP passed him for the lead at that point. Then the 8 brought out his own caution. The 8 was never black flagged like the 93 and told to " park it " NO NO NO he came back and won the race. W.J, (around) lap 100 re-start the 8 was leading the 53 was 2nd and SAP was 3rd the first car on new tires, he passed both cars and that is when he took the lead. The only time the leaders were closing in on lapping him was at lap 74 when he and 2 other cars got together. That's why I say, Let's go to the video tape. Just to even show you he re-started (around lap 100)third before Paules spun Dave passed him, before he brought out his own caution, you know "the spin" with the big smoke show.

W. J.
10-10-2006, 02:18 PM
ECT: Can Billy change the ruling? Hard to say, but I know him to be a fair person, so anything is possible. Only he can answer that. It all depends on how things work out on Sap's 'meeting' with the scorer, also a nice guy, and only doing a tough job the best he knows how, by the way.

Hollywoodmic: Paules spun off turn 2, into the infield on lap 110, that's in my notes, and Sap was in front of him at the time, that much I know. That spin by Paules gave the lead to the #22 of Zeiner, and Jivanelli in the #12 was then 2nd. That would be the time that the track officials ruled that Sap was a lap down (during the caution period), so you'd want to check all the scoring prior to that time, if that helps resolve the issue.

Spinning off the track into the infield is a legitimate reason for a yellow, since the car was stopped in a dangerous spot. It happened way more than once that day, so let's not make an issue of that. Sal stopped on the track, at the start/finish line, because he couldn't get down out of the high groove he'd been running in, due to traffic. I'm sure he was aware there would be a penalty for it, (though not being left in the infield laps later, after the tire change) and took his chances because it was the safest way to handle his situation at that time. That's part of racing, pure and simple.

ECT-Outlaw
10-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Well I DON'T See the ruling getting changed.. But 1 never knows.

On Sal Deals

Spinning off the track into the infield is a legitimate reason for a yellow, That's OK, but we didn't do that... 99% of infield was a lake...LOL
since the car was stopped in a dangerous spot. THAT'S WHAT BRINGS OUT CAUTIONS!!!!

So let's not make an issue of that. (PUT YOURSELF IN THAT SPOT AND I WILL TELL YOU THE SAME.. NOW HOW DO YOU FEEL ??)

You're also telling us here that Billy is a Fair person. Then why didn't he see what you're stating here, Walt??

Sal stopped on the track, at the start/finish line, because he couldn't get down out of the high groove he'd been running in, due to traffic.

Well Billy may be a fair person, but the way things got handled shows me a person who doesn't have all things covered correctly.. (This is my opinion)

Maybe next year they'll set up rules before the race and send them out to all drivers, so that we are all on the same page...

Saps Deal

I hope the transponder guy is able to show what we all know is true. If the transponder can't show us that, then what is it good for ??

Just so we all know what a transponder really does, AND HOW IT WORKS:::

The TranX260 system comes complete with the easy to operate Windows XP/2000/98 Orbits 1.0 software which enables your club to make a print-out of the qualifying results, race results, individual lap times of all competitors, lap chart, and much more. Registration and administration functionality are also new features of Orbits. Racers enjoy all of the information like lap times and speeds that can be printed and ready immediately after the race or practice session. Orbits allows the timekeeper to give lap or time penalties and make line-ups available immediately after a qualifying session or caution flag. The results can be exported to Microsoft Excel, Access and via HTML documents. Live race data can also be sent to a scoreboard for spectator viewing. The data output of the TranX260 system is well known by all major TV production companies for live race data graphics.

NOW WHY CANT SAP GET A CORRECT ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION ????

Mortgage Guy
10-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Geno, I was just defending us up there. I never raised my voice to Brad and Sap only did because he knows he was right and never got a clear answer. There was only one person yelling and that was only after Brad turned his back on us. Once that started, I asked her to leave the room, him being yelled at wouldn't change anything. Lastly, we were only up in the tower because BILLY sent us there, because he said BRAD would have the answer and show us exactly where it happened so there would be no confusion, which he did not. Back to the lap down, Brad told me he only lost 1 lap (which he never did) and you yourself or your partner in the booth said he raced his way back to the lead lap, so why is he still scored a lap down at the end of the race?? Post the lap by lap report, and satisfy everyone's curiosity. Although I am not sure if that can be tampered with to cover their as*es by now.

ECT-Outlaw
10-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Tim, I would hate to know it was tampered with at all... I have spoken with a Rep from AMB the company that sells the transponders and he said yes, it can be tampered with, but it also can be seen that it was altered.. If Dave wants to have the company AMB read the race, he can have that done to see if any at all changes were made to his scoring at any time during the race..

I can be reached at anytime if Dave wants the info...

W. J.
10-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Tim, one reason you couldn't get a lap by lap readout from Brad was that there was another race IN PROGRESS, using the same computer at the time you asked your question. His primary job is to keep track as the race is happening, and based on the transponder inputs to the computer, position the cars on the track for restarts. In view of the fact that the LM race had a yellow every 2-3 laps for the first half of the event, there was no time for him to do what you would have needed to see, since all the information is in just that one computer.
I will state again, Billy is a fair person, a former racer who still remembers what it's like to be in your position, and if approached like a gentleman, he will help you get answers. No need to rant at him here; contact him directly, and when he is available, he will address your question(s). Racing could use a lot more like him, believe me.

Mortgage Guy
10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
WJ, I did approach him like a gentleman. I never raised my voice. He was on here saying people bashed him and that he works 9-5 well it is way after 5pm and still no answer. I'm sure he is a fair person, I have never doubted that, but the question still remains, when did he loose his lap? I think Brad has had plenty of time to review the info and still no answer. Don't you think we deserve an explanation? I will no longer beat a dead horse until Billy is ready with his answer. So long as it makes sense I'm sure we would all let it go. People sometimes make mistakes and admiting is at times is the best thing to do. I think it needs to be done here.

ECT-Outlaw
10-10-2006, 10:31 PM
W.J. I don't think this is about how fair Billy is at ALL.. The Question is how fair will mountian be to Sap ?? Will they really look over the race ? Will they send AMB the data to be reviewed ? Or will they just say its over ???

You also stated that Brad was busy with the LM race at the time BILLY sent the guys up to see him.. So why didnt Brad say to them Please return after the race and would be glad to review the race with you gents??? That would have been a simple way to do things.. And all of this wouldn't have happened...

And as far as what Brad's job is.. I have read a little about the AMB Transponder and the windows program it runs and it pretty much does it all for the person running it. It sets the field, tells you who is in what position, lap speed, fastest lap and a few other cool features. So for a person to run the software it tells them a lot.. So questions could have been answered fast by just printing the race after it was over just for reviewing anyway..

W.J. racing may need a lot more of THIS Billy, but let THIS Billy just answer the questions.. You sure sound like at Mountain Official Yourself Pal!!!!

Like Tim, says now we wait it out....

P.S. If Billy was a former Race Driver, then he would know why this is being asked and would try his hardest to get the correct answers to Sap ASAP...
And before it's said, I do have a job and work from 8-5 and this forum is not my life either...

pitbull113
10-10-2006, 10:57 PM
It's 11pm do you know where your explanation is?

LongIslandJam
10-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Just as an FYI,

Billy called me tonight. For those who may be unfamiliar with Billy's schedule, Tuesday nights are his meeting nights at Mountain. This is where he can recheck stuff (transponder records and that sort of thing).

I'm not getting in the middle of this, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

nitros77
10-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Dave would like to get some sort of answer on this. He can be reached at his office from 8-6 at 631-369-6266, or his cell 516-236-3333. He would also like to thank everyone for their support.

ECT-Outlaw
10-11-2006, 12:50 PM
No Problem, we should all stick together like this... Hey JA, if you're not getting in the middle pal, why did Billy call you??? Just to tell you that he has a meeting? Why isn't he on here telling us that and letting us know in his own words that he is going to check into this PROBLEM!!!.

Between yourself and W.J., you gents talk a lot for them.. let me ask, are you guys on our team, or there's inquiring minds would like to know...

"I KNOW YOUR BASIS AND SPEAK FOR BOTH" I figured I would answer it for you... lol

SAP WE ARE ALL GLAD WE CAN HELP YOU BRO AND I HOPE WE DID...

allhailunc
10-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I think these 2 fine gents do an A-1 job.they report what happens,like it or not.as for Billy owing an explanation.from what i can see the only one he owes one to,for or against,is Dave and i'm sure he will be in touch with him one way or another to straighten out this "fiasco".mind you JMO :cheers:

ECT-Outlaw
10-11-2006, 03:02 PM
No one is questioning that at all here bud.. They do a fine job here thats not what this is all about but like stated why is billy contacting JA and not Dave Sap ?? And with all the answering they seem to do for Mountian as far as Billy and Brad it makes it seem that they are more on there team then helping a fellow racer from there own track... But that no big deal to be honest.

But i do have a request to make to anyone that was at the race and video taped this race.. After speaking with Dave Sap we are looking to find anyone who has this video and if need be we will pay for it. So if anyone has it or knows of someone who taped it PLEASE contact Dave Sap at his place of business 8am-6pm @ 631-369-6266 or conact me at 631-286-7800 8am-5pm or email me at pete@uneedapart.com

LongIslandJam
10-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Billy didn't call me about Sap's incident, but I asked him about it. Billy called me in regard to some other matters I'm dealing with (namely NELMA).

I'm trying to find a resolution between the two of you and trying to be helpful to both sides. But if you are trying to get me to pick sides. I won't...

W. J.
10-11-2006, 04:27 PM
ECT, I truly hope someone has a tape for anyone to review, because I believe there may be a case for Sap here. I explained Brad's job, but perhaps not clearly enough. He reads all the wondeful computer info and uses it to radio down the position of cars after yellows, which if you recall, I mentioned there were a lot of during the time the question was asked about the Modified race. It wasn't like he could just drop everything and pull up a printout of the previous race, as a lot was going on with a live race still being run on the track.
While JA and I DON'T work for Mountain, or any other track, we do understand the workings of the program better than most, and I have been trying to explain to people what I know in an effort to answer their questions as best I can. Some will have to be left to Billy B., and as he wears many hats in life, he may not get you an answer in a manner that YOU may feel is timely, but he does answer all reasonable requests, that much I do know.

ECT-Outlaw
10-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Well first off, I don't want either of you to pick sides and never asked you to pick a side.. What was said is you both sound like your on the other side, due to all the questions and explaining you're doing for them.... As for Brad's Job, and what he does, it's a hard job for some, but if he handles it the correct way, by just stating to the people that were in his office to return after the race, and everyone can view the results, it would have answered all of the questions that we all have now... Just so you know, I also know the workings of the x260 Transponder and the windows software it runs... I also was on the phone with AMB asking certain questions which Dave needs to know... I understand Billy wears many hats and may do a great job at them, but he needs to put the Sunday hat back on and come give answers to these questions at hand...

Well, first off, not to sound harsh or nasty, but we thank you and JA for your input, but now sit back and let Billy answer the questions asked of him..

Also, as far as a timely manner, I think its been in overtime now with no answer and the request can't be anymore reasonable than it is..

Please understand Walt and JA, this is what Walt just posted and I quote,
"I have been trying to explain to people what I know in an effort to answer their questions as best I can."

We didn't ask any of you to explain or answer the questions to begin with and I don't want to be rude...

W. J.
10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Just to clarify, the 'understand the program' comment referred to the race program at the track, not the computer.

As far as answers to questions, I was giving answers to general questions to try and enlighten people about the general situation. The BIG question can only be answered by Billy B.

I'll be quiet now.

ECT-Outlaw
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
ROFL AT WALT,,, Thank you for your input sir...

ECT-Outlaw
10-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Well its been 5 days after the race and still no answer from you sir. You have called JA to speak about the Nelma Race but no call to Dave Sap... AMB(Transponder Company) has emailed the track to get the read out from the race so they can go over it and you have'nt responded to them either.. You come in the forum and give us some story about you having a life and working, Well bud you aint no different then anyone else so PLEASE stop the BULL and give us the answers to the questions you been asked.. I have spoke with alot of people in a few of the divisions from your Track and to no surprize they all have similiar stories in one way or another...But i am not here to talk about there stories, I am here to found out why you or your Track Officals are not getting back to any of us about the problem at hand..

I have been hearing about how fair and helpful you are but as of now you are neither of those.. It does'nt take all this time to check stats,look over print outs or even look over a video.

Unless there is something wrong with the Read Out ?? Or did the Track screw up ?? Maybe we need to speak with the Owner of the Track and ask him why is his track not answering our questions.. I dont think he will like it if his track is considered a unfair place to race, Because that will be no good for the Track at all..

Just a Little info that maybe you forgot Sir,, This is the Modifieds not the demos, These cars are alot of money,There are Sponsors involed with there money, Crew Members that work very hard and the Drivers that do a GREAT job each and everytime they are in these cars.. All we are asking is that you treat them like you care about them and appreciate what they do for you and your track.Because at this point your car count for next years race maybe a little low...

So Mr. Billy Bartly we are asking you for the answers to our questions sir !!!!

pitbull113
10-12-2006, 01:47 PM
I suggest that Dave Sap call Billy directly and resolve this. His number can be found on his website http://www.neetstour.net/NEETS05contactpage.htm . Because it's obvious that he isn't going to respond to this forum unless he has something to promote.

ECT-Outlaw
10-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks Bud But Thats been done along with a few other things... Billy was here and does come in here and he does know this is going on and know we are all waiting for the answers.. Also I am doing this with dave premission and was asked to do so..

At this point i think we got a better chance at meeting GOD !!!

But Thanks for your advice..

signman
10-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Check this page out.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.sport.info/browse_thread/thread/d0d5ee520c3f9215/5ac99b014d9a89fe?lnk=st&q=mountain+speedway&rnum=15&hl=en#5ac99b014d9a89fe

ECT-Outlaw
10-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Well Thank You Signman,,,

Here is a statement made by the Owner of Mountain and Billy back in feb 2002 about the transponders and what they will do if problems...

Callavini and the Director of Operations, Billy Bartley recently met with
track officials to discuss the upcoming season. Bartley kicked off the
meeting, posing the question, "What is the number one complaint from our
fans?" A couple different responses were offered, but in fact, the length
and flow of the weekly race program was the correct answer. That resulted
in a discussion in improving the race program that lasted hours.

"We being realistic, and expect a few bumps in the road along the way.
During our meeting we tried to think ahead of potential problems and have
plans ready in the event they occur." says Callavini. Procedures will
constantly be reviewed and adjusted when appropriate. There will be scorers
poised and ready to go if the transponder system acts up. Having drivers
turn in their transponder will ensure they get fully charged every week.

Well now that we hit that bump in the road it dont seem like anyone was thinking ahead.. If there was a problem with the transponders then what did the scorers show MR. Callavini or Mr Bartly ???

pitbull113
10-12-2006, 06:00 PM
It's a shame Billy chooses to ignore this. I wonder if it was one of the locals that had this problem would it be dismissed so easily. Maybe we should blow up his phone line and e-mails with messages showing him that we as Long Islander racers won't let this be forgotten.

NEETS-1
10-12-2006, 08:09 PM
First, THE TRACK doesn't have the problem...the transponders were correct and Sap was a lap down.
Second, I do not have to prove to a bunch of whiners anything. I only have to show Sap if he chooses to contact me. There is no "Power of Attorney" here 93 (or anyone else) .... and...just because you got black flagged, do not vent your anger using Sap as a scapegoat.
Third, I have not heard one single word from Sap. He would be the only one to lodge a complaint that I would take seriously and act accordingly on the phone or in person...not on a forum full of :-B .
Fourth, I hope you ALL are just as fast with your apologies as you are with your derrogatory statements aimed at me. I am very suprised at the moderators of this forum that they allow this. Very suprised This kind of plagerism never been allowed in any other instances.
Fifth, I will have by this weekend a 150 page scoresheet printed out for Mr. Sap to prove to him that he was a lap down. He can view it at his pleasure.
Sixth, I used to say everyone is welcome at Mountain Speedway....I will now take that statement back in some instances. :mad:
PS- I wish I had the free time you all have to come on forums all day long.

LongIslandJam
10-12-2006, 08:17 PM
I think that sums it up, let's have Billy and Sap work it out. Billy's got the scoresheet, let Sap handle it. I know you guys are all supporters of Sap and I respect that. But us asking for an answer and an answer over and over again is going to beat a dead horse into dust.

Let's go forward, and let Sap and Billy deal with their discrepensy.