PDA

View Full Version : Looking for my old modified

Longtimeracer
10-09-2006, 08:30 PM
:help: I posted this before and got no response. I guess since I did not have a photo. I have found a photo of the car I am looking for. We ran it in 1978 at Riverhead a few times. I do not recall if we raced it at Islip.
Car was driven by my former partner, David Krol. To Jog some old timers memories. Dave and I were not well known back then. He ran the 26 Chevelle "bomber" at Riverhead in 75 Then in 76 he and I owned the #26 late model Chevelle we ran at Freeport in 1976. We had one feature win at Freeport that year. Dave owned the gas pumps at Tommy Baldwins gas station/repair shop in East Patchogue. I crewed for Tommy.
Back to the car: I have no idea who I sold the car to. I believe Jerry Cooney bought it from the person I sold it to, and Cooney showerd it at car shows. I sold the Car without motor or rear. One of the photos shows the car loaded on a ramp truck with the new owner kneeling by the side of his truck. I am hoping some knows the truck and or operator from the back of his head! I believe he was from LI. Any info would be appreciated.
PLEASE SEE JA'S POSTs BELOW FOR THE PHOTOS of car: :help:

LongIslandJam
10-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Pictures attached

LongIslandJam
10-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Pictures Attached with car heading on its way with its new owner

rydogg97
10-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Good luck in your search, it is going to be tough!!