PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help - Venue for Drink & Eat...

LongIslandJam
10-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi folks,

For the Friday Night NELMA practice, we would like to have a get together among drivers and teams to kick back and relax.

I'm not familiar with the Hazleton area. Does anyone know of any good places to either supply some food or for a place where we can have a drink and some food.

Let me know,

Thanks!

BlingxBling
10-11-2006, 10:35 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: OHHH! OHHH! ME ME ME!!!! I'd say to have a BBQ type thing at the track, but it is like um, October, and it is BRRRRRRRRRRR out there. Give me an idea of whatcha like, and how many you expect to attend and I can point you in the direction of some real decent places :-)

LongIslandJam
10-11-2006, 10:37 PM
A lot of our guys come in packs of 3-4 people (minimum). Could be as many as 80 cars/trucks in the pits.

Some of my NELMA guys have asked me for something like this. Let me know...

RGeeProductions
10-11-2006, 10:52 PM
My place about an hour away!!!! Pool, spa, horseback riding, fishing, drinking, BBQ in the room.......LOL
OR, Amanda's house....LOL,
But SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Baby's sleepin'....LOL

LM13
10-11-2006, 11:01 PM
How about right around the corner from the church. It's within walking distance from the track. Great place, and very friendly to the wallet if you know what I mean. That's where I'm going. :cheers:
Phil
34x
lol

BlingxBling
10-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah if it were summer, I'd tell you all to come over...I can stuff you all in the big backyard with the grill and swimming pool. Unfortunately,it is October, and wicked cold out! That many people in the house would be insane. Emma takes after her mother. A dumptruck driving through the living room wouldn't wake her, lol.

LongIslandJam
10-11-2006, 11:13 PM
I would like it relatively close to the track. This way those staying around the track can enjoy and participate.

LM13
10-11-2006, 11:28 PM
You pass it then on the way to the track, it's a 3 minute walk from the track. :D Anyway, I like it there. Just don't plan on parking anything there, there's not much room for that. LOL
Phil

todd b
10-11-2006, 11:32 PM
There is Senape's Tavern in Hazleton, great food, it's about 5-10 min from the track. Phone # 570 454 7080, tell them the Barbush's sent you.

BlingxBling
10-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Thank you Todd. I have a place in mind, that isn't far. I will be doing phone calls tomorrow. Check back here for further details. After I clear them with the boss man, JA, first. Phil, that's great that it is close to the track, but keep in mind this group can be 100+ people.

CJfilms
10-12-2006, 09:13 AM
wish I had a little more notice JA, I have some pull with the volunteer fire co which is along the way if you take the big hill into the track...which most racers whould be doing anyway due to truck/trailer weight...

We had a party there last year with over 100 people there, fairly priced, and EVERYONE can bring their trailers too, but it was a 'you run it, you cater it' deal...that's why I say if you had a little more time I coould throw something together for ya.

As for my input:
---Miller's - the closest and best prices...no trailer parking, won't fit 100 people. ---leave the track turning right towards the little wooden bridge, right at the stop sign and the bar is about 300 feet on your right.

---Dano's - TERRIBLE PARKING!!! (my car has gotten vandelized everytime I went there) small and cramped, won't fit 30 people, will pay out your @$$!!!, well decorated :) ---go back to 309, head south, after one light after bp station, bar will be on your left going up the hill

---Stagecoach - nice bar, I don't know about their prices though, good food a little more sophisticated dining atmosphere, plenty of parking, extra room for overflow/events so maybe enough for a large crowd ---go back to 309, head north, pass the light at the sunoco station, bar/restaurant is on your left about a mile or two past Rt 80

---Evan's Roadhouse - nice bar, fair prices, not too much parking, decent food, not too much room figure 40 people MAX ---go to 309 via the small wodden bridge from the track, it is on the right AT the light, accross from the sunoco station

---Crossroads - a little bit of a hike, 10-15 min drive, good food, fair prices, decent amount of parking, extra room for overflow so maybe anout 50-70 people - go back to 309 head north, once you don't hit any lights for about two or three minutes...it's the next light, make a left, bar is at the first stop sign you hit.

Those are the closest/most popular in the area...if you need anymore suggestions, just let me know. You, along with anyone in need of any help, can call my cell, especially that friday night, @ 267-767-4923 or email joe@mountainspeedway.com

Latemodel11A
10-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Wherever you decide were in!! Sounds like fun

Tony Volpe
Late Model #11A

BlingxBling
10-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions. It appears as though we have found a place that will be able to accomidate our wishes. Details will be posted shortly. :wave:

Joe, wasn't your car just a few days old when someone hit it at Dano's? Don't worry, you aren't the only one who didn't have luck there. Last time I was there my cell phone was stolen along with $90 cash, and my cigarettes (when they were missing and I wanted one they were important, lol).

NEETS-1
10-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Too bad my bar and grill will not be open until the next week :*-( ......but I suggest the Crossroads Inn. Dean Kline is the owner, former racer, Dad to two sons who race at Mountain. His place is comfortable...like a corner bar atmosphere (flannel shirts, jeans, etc). He has a good menu and good prices...a half decent sized back room. It's about a 10 minute drive north with only one turn off of rt 309.
I SAY SUPPORT THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT OUR SPEEDWAY!!!!! :cheers:

mtnspeed808
10-12-2006, 09:02 PM
looking to go all that way back to mountaintop there is januzzi's pizza on 309...not very good parking at all and not much room...and 3 guys is up there 2 almost right across the street..again no parking at all...the crossroads would be youre best bet there is a vacant lot across from the barcould fit i wanna say 20 or more trucks with trailers if parked properly...dean kline owns it...very good point...also there is an easier way to get there....instead of having 20 trucks go through the intersection there at the stop light by orloskis on 309 go past the stage coach up the hill then there will be a road on the other side of 309 on yourleft....get on that road keep going str8 and it will bring you right to the crossroads

richardpetey
10-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey! Can ya trust partying with these LM guys................... :confused:
J.A. says they come in packs of 3 or 4.......................... :eek:
I woulda thought they woulda come in 6 or 30 packs................ :cheers:
UNCLE PETEY.................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

LongIslandJam
10-12-2006, 09:46 PM
LOL...

You're right Petey... 4 packs are like that wine cooler stuff... not Late Model like at all

Instead they come in 40 oz or 6 packs... That sounds better LOL

And hey aren't you a Late Model guy now?

CJfilms
10-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey Bling... not only did my car get hit after being only a few days old...number 1!!! :mad:

Number 2! I came out one night, found someone threw up all over the parking lot and right next to my car...which I had to leap over to get into my car. :mad: :mad:

3! Last time I was there, someone decided to spit all over my car, which I had to clean off at 2AM!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

4! Well, I'll leave out the personal problems I have had inside the bar, I think this should be enough... :mad:

PS...I've only been there 5 times! hardly see a 6th coming up!