PDA

View Full Version : Transponder Info for NELMA weekend

EricaR
10-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you all know that due to scheduling conflicts, transponders will NOT be used on Friday for practice, so for all of you planning on getting some lap times, bring along a stop watch. My scheduling conflict, not the track, I cannot attend on Friday night to hand them out. Sorry for any disappointment.

Just to let new comers know, after registering, you must come to the track office, located near the concession stand, and register with me and rent your transponder. All cars racing MUST have a transponder. You can rent one for $12.00 or you can use your own for $5.00. However if you do own your own, please write down the long numbers and bring them with you when you register with me so that your frequency could be entered into the computer. Also, if you will be renting a transponder, you will need a bracket. The transponders are the newest style, and unless you have previously purchased a bracket from the track, you will need to buy a new one, as the old style brackets will not work with the new transponders. A new bracket is $10.00 and will then be yours to keep. The new bracket can be mounted along side the old one.

Good luck to all who are planning on attending this event, and see you all on Saturday! Erica

CJfilms
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Hey Erica,

Not that it should be a problem, but it should be emphasized that racers MUST buy a bracket if they only have the old one in their car already...since we know there have been some problems with the new transponders being jammed into the old bracket or just zip tied in place. That's a big NO NO guys!!!

See you all Saturday!

P.S... for clarification on the problems...transponders get damaged when thay are not installed properly, and they come with a hefty price tag! :rolleyes: