PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Thrillers rules changes...

mtnspeed808
10-16-2006, 11:12 PM
I've heard that there will be some rules changes for next year in the thriller class....does anyone know what those rules changes are? I was just curious because my car is in construction now and I didn't want to do something, and then have to do it over because of a rules change. Anyone who could let me know of anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

CJfilms
10-17-2006, 08:31 AM
I can really only say this about the rules and any changes that might be made... The announcement will be made at the banquet, or at least it should be, and there shouldn't be anything too major changed. Other than that, I can't say too much, since I don't know!

NEETS-1
10-17-2006, 06:52 PM
And...where/who did you hear there will be rule changes?

CJfilms
10-17-2006, 07:17 PM
ooooohh... talk about foot in mouth... Sorry Billy, I did slip up here! I don't know if there even will be rule changes, but my post reads otherwise, huh? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry to confuse anyone, 'IF' is the word I was looking for.

mtnspeed808
10-17-2006, 10:12 PM
It was a rumor going around the track at the KOTM...I've heard things such as spring rubbers will be allowed next year, but now that I've got you listening,(lol) will they be allowed or not, and if so, then what else?

NEETS-1
10-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Nothing has been discussed yet with myself and the tech guys as far as Thriller rule changes. When we do sit down for our rules meeting, I will announce (if any changes) shortly after that.

One thing is for sure, this is a beginners class...supposed to be an affordable stepping stone to higher classes. I will not make any changes to start this class on the road to a full blown race car. Going by experience, this is how it starts...one little change at a time, fueled by the excuses that "aftermarket parts are cheaper"..."we can get hand me downs from the X class"...etc, etc.
The Thrillers are a great class....let's keep them that way.
The only thing I have on the table now is whether or not to make a driver move up to a higher class or out after winning a certain amount of features. I am just going over in my mind how to do it fairly.

mtnspeed808
10-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Make the rule if you win that many races you have to move on at the end of that season.

BlingxBling
10-19-2006, 08:15 AM
I understand where you are coming from when you have a driver in a division that wins quite a few times throughout the year, but sometimes the driver isn't in the division because they are winning all the time. Sometimes drivers can not afford to move to a higher division. The cost to race in the higher divisions is a significant difference, and I think you will find more people leaving to go elsewhere, or stop racing all together, because they simply can not afford to move to the higher division.

pitbull113
10-19-2006, 02:13 PM
How about adding weight to cars that win. Say after a certain amount of wins, you add 100lbs. 50lbs for a second place finish and 25lbs for a third place finish. Just like they do in some roadracing series to keep an even playing ground.

nobandwagonhere
10-19-2006, 02:28 PM
The Thriller weight rule now is 3100lbs. Most of the cars with the driver in it is 3200-3300. Some more than that. Believe it or not, I've seen cars that the more weight you add, the faster it went. Don't laugh...I know a blunderbust car that won a championship like that. My opinion, if a car is walking away from the field, week after week, tear it down! Tech it a little more thoroughly. Can't so much say it's "driver experience", because rookies are walking away from the field. The race I've seen teched the most was the KOTM. Forcing them to move up a division I think will turn them away. Affordability is a BIG issue. Don't get me wrong, if you're winning races year after year after year, then yes, it's time to move up. But if you're walking the dog first year out, then tear them down. See what's up.
CONSISTENCY, CONSISTENCY, CONSISTENCY!! :wave:

JCenduro
10-19-2006, 08:50 PM
:help: Not Bashing, but this year there were times I saw the points leader start on the pole or in the top three. How can this be? If you start the feature winner from the week before on the pole, I'm sure he will win more features than anyone else. This is called, as in Billy words to me once, prove your worth. You can win if you start up front, but come from the back every week and win, then your doing something. I think that the 48 recieved a very good starting spot in thriller feature, several times, and it may have been a different outcome if the handicaping was a little more evened out. I have never seen in my life of racing a point leader in a very important race, as well as second place Josh Oswald. How can he make ground on him if he finishes behind him in the feature, and a week later starts behind him again? If he's that good, let him earn it. Don't just give him the championship and call someone a champion. I feel bad for Josh because he had a good chance at the championship, until it seemed the handicaping got a little crazy (to me). Again, I am Not bashing anyone, just calling it like I see it this year as a fan. I do believe that all winners should start the feature at the end of the line every week, and if he wins again, then so be it. But it's along way from 15th to 1st than from 2nd to 1st. I will bet that you will have several different winners in the class and not so lopsided. Then you will not have to worry about moving up into a class you can't afford, nor even interested in running anyway. Make the rule that if you win, you start at the end of the longest line of cars that were there and finished from the week before. :cheers:

mtnspeed808
10-19-2006, 10:05 PM
This post has gone way off of topic. I am just looking now to get a clearer understanding of the rules so i can make the best legal car that I can. Billy, the rule book says make, model, and year of frame for engines. Since I have a Monte Carlo from 1982, I am almost certain they did not come through the factory with a 350 option, but I know that many drivers are using them. Things such as this, and many other things, I feel, should be updated to give me and other drivers just starting out a more vivid picture of what is and isn't allowed. Will this happen for next season soon? Or is there possibly another rulebook that the tech guys have and someone didn't get around to posting it on here yet? If you could let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks