PDA

View Full Version : Ted C and J & S part ways

Jaws
10-19-2006, 07:37 PM
J&S Motorsports announced today that they would part ways with driver Ted Christopher at the end of the 2006 Whelen Modified Tour season. According to car owner, Ed Whelan, this was a mutual agreement. Whelan said, “I wanted to clear the air so that everyone understands that there is no animosity between Ted and I. We’re still friends and Ted will drive for me at Stafford next week”.

Ted Christopher was hired by Whelan to drive for J&S at the third race of this season at Jennerstown in June. Christopher is sixth on the all-time NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour wins list with twenty-six victories that include ten wins in the past two seasons. Ted will start from the sixth spot on the grid in the #36 Al-Lee Installations Chevrolet next Saturday at Stafford Motor Speedway.

Al-Lee Installations is another Whelan owned company, which is based in Manhattan, NY. They are New York’s preeminent installers of high-end office furniture. Al-Lee provides their services for businesses in the five boroughs of New York City and on Long Island.

When asked about his future plans, Whelan responded, “We will run the full Whelen Modified Tour schedule in 2007.” When asked whether he was in negotiation with a driver for 2007, Whelan said, “I’m not planning on talking to anyone before we finish the season. We still have to run the Fall Final at Stafford. Once that’s done, then we can start negotiating to put a deal together.”

Teds Race Tours
11-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Jaws, Thanks for the info.

Ace
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
What a difference 3 weeks make. As announced on the Mod Series Scene message board today, TC WILL be driving the 36 next year. I hope they run a different color or car #. A red 36 will always be Mike Ewanitsko to me.