PDA

View Full Version : Engine Specifications...

racerwife
10-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Anyone have any credible information regarding the rules for our engines for next year? Are there any changes taking effect that we need to know about before contacting the engine builders?
It's a little tough to get everything done when the builders are swamped after the January meetings with updates. March/April practices comes up quick.

Paul

Tommyj16
10-29-2006, 07:54 PM
As far as I know we will wait till winter meetings in Jan.

Tower Man
10-30-2006, 12:16 PM
I thought the winter meeting were for procedures, not a rules meeting. And isn't the end of January a little late to re-do a motor?

racerwife
10-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Yes, January is a little late to just start working on a motor. As I said originally....warm-ups and April come up fast when you are on a deadline. However, no one seems to be willing to give any "credible" information or has any answers. But then again... we have all been at the track...passed current inspections for the year and then have the rules changed to please the officials. Never have figured that one out...and I'm not wanting to start that argument/discussion again. What's done is done.
It would be nice to know, though, if we can build a motor to last year's rules and that they would be the exact same or if there are changes coming. It's a lot of money to throw away if you build and then find out you are now under-horsepowered or worse!!! I, for one, can't afford to have to make last minute changes or replace parts already used and installed.