PDA

View Full Version : Wall Enduro.............

richardpetey
10-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Wanna race an enduro at wall speedway.............................. :confused:
Go to www.wallspeedway.com/index.php and vote YES for enduros in the weekly poll at the bottom of the site page........................ :applause:
Be just like racing at Bristol, except the fans have teeth, hehe................ :eek:
UNCLE PETEY............... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NEETS-1
10-23-2006, 11:22 PM
:confused: Another track that vowed to never have "junk" at their track. How quickly we forget :rolleyes:
They must need some money again. :angel:

pitbull113
10-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Wall Stadium is a blast to race at. Hopefully they can put one or two enduros on their schedule for next year. :applause:

310fig8
10-24-2006, 08:14 AM
How about really pushing and set one up for the Turkey Derby THIS year????

EnduroFromDE
10-24-2006, 07:06 PM
wait, didn't we (NEETS) run there in 2004?? I was not involved in NEETS back then but I went there to watch.

NEETS-1
10-24-2006, 08:17 PM
That was the day they said they would never have a another Enduro again at Wall because our drivers would not let Jimmy Blewett drive their car.....AND it is also the event that made me go out and letter my Suburban up because they would not pace us with their pace car. We were not race cars, we were junk. :disgusted
AND they charged the drivers an extra $20 to practice...where they only got one session.

richardpetey
10-24-2006, 08:36 PM
You're correct Steve, we did run there in our NEETS inaugural 2004 year......................... :cool:
It was one of the fastest and most fun tracks we visited that year............. ;)
It is probably one of the finest rebuilt all around small track facilities on the East coast..................... :applause:
Unfortunately, the same bunch of closed minded idiots run the place................. :help:
They treated most of the drivers/crew poorly and catered to the grandstand crowd............................ :*-(
They thought the NEETS tour was gonna be a 70mph Demo-derby and when a real race broke out, they criticized us for it and would not book us for a 2nd race............................ :eek:
UNCLE PETEY......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

ststock23
10-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Don't think that will fly. I think it needs to be a separate event. Our enduros take up a bunch of time. Their regular slate takes hours, usually 4 to 5. Maybe if it is a separate event, and it draws fans in when the track is normally empty, they may be more accommodating.

Sac-Man
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I don’t know if Wall has an exemption, but I know Bridgeport NJ does not. The safety requirements are much stricter in NJ and are enforceable by NJ State Police. I haven’t researched this personally, but was told at a minimum to race in NJ you must have a fuel cell, 4 point roll cage, 5-point harness, window net, full racing fire suit and Nomex underwear, all within 2 years of manufacture date, also a Snell SA 2005 helmet, fire extinguisher, blah, blah, blah.
A lot of the weekly and veteran racers would be ok, but I imagine that there would also be quite of few NEETS racers the would get an unpleasant surprise. :rolleyes:
I hope they schedule it. I voted yes. It's probably unlikely though. :disgusted

Sac-Man

tstiles
10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Just keep us posted Petey. I would bet that if they do it, it would be 1 per weekend, not all 3... I would love to see this happen.

pitbull113
10-26-2006, 12:12 PM
You're right Sac-Man NJ rules are really strict. When I raced the enduros at Flemingt:*-(n we needed all the safety equipment that the weekly racing series needed and the NJ troopers kept everybody in check.

rcp_ny
10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
First, from Sac-man we have:
"you must have ... full racing fire suit and Nomex underwear, ... "

Then, pitbull113 adds:
"... and the NJ troopers kept everybody in check."

So of course I'm wondering... did the NJ troopers really check everyone's underwear?? :lol: :lol: :angel:
(Somebody had to ask.)

richardpetey
10-26-2006, 07:03 PM
As I remember, NJ racing safety rules were much stricter than surrounding states, but very rarely enforced never at Wall and Bridgeport and occasionally at Flemington...................................... :help:
Supposedly, you can't even use a two piece flame-suit in NJ, except at a dragstrip............................ :eek:
The NJ State Troopers were always at the track(Flemington) but they very rarely even bothered anyone.............................. :rolleyes:
They were so incoherent at times, one race they were told to move their patrol car from the backstretch pit enterance, they didn't, and got T-boned in the drivers door........................... :D
They started giving breathalizer tests as soon as Felix C. entered the back gate, hehe.................................... ;)
UNCLE PETEY........................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Sac-Man
10-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Yes, I wasn't really ever teched after I brought the car to the track the first time; but at the same time everything was up to code because I feared I'd be the unlucky dog that got caught and not be able to race.
My point being some of our fine friends who are unaware and show up with only lap belts and a flannel shirt may not, and I say, may not be able to compete. :rolleyes:
If they are lax at Wall Stadium, I would love to know it. I really don't want to go through the hassle of putting in a fuel cell, as I am perfectly happy with the mid body factory fuel tank in the Grand Am.
Petey, when NEETS raced there in 2004, did everyone have fuel cells? Did they let guys go onto the track with orange construction fence as a window net? :help:

Thanks

richardpetey
10-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Mr Sac-Man, the troopers may have been a little lax, but the Wall officials made sure your safety equipment was up to snuff................. :rolleyes:
In the 2004 NEETS race we had our own tech guys and they made sure we had the proper safety equipment in our cars.................. :cool:
I understand your concern about the fuel cell, its a P.I.T.A. to switch a F.I. system with a pump in the tank over to a fuel cell but it can be done.................. :help:
Oh Well! Back to the garage to fabricate my full body condum for tomorrow................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY........................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mobigsly
10-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Where was that other enduro race at earlier that was posted up on the NEETS forum? Not the Big Diamond one. The asphault one in NJ or NY.

richardpetey
10-29-2006, 02:26 AM
You must be refering to that 3/8 mile banked track in N.Y................... :confused:
The one where Dr D and yours truly drove 3hrs to get rained , snowed and hailed on plus yellow flagged........................ :eek:
The one with the rumble strips in the groove in turns 3 & 4.................... :(
UNCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

tstiles
11-01-2006, 12:04 PM
what is up with that very uncomfortable 3 and 4 turn?? does anybody know why they did that to that track? if that was fixed, that would be a great track. hey pety , howed you like their pit road? did it feel like martinsville? lol

richardpetey
11-01-2006, 05:39 PM
I don't know Terry! I never got to use it, but DR D. used it extensively, hehe................................. :eek:
As far as those rumble strips in the middle of turns 3 and 4, it was a challange just finding a line around'em...................... :help:
UNCLE PETEY............. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mobigsly
11-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't know I wasn't there. Does this track have a name?

NJ Chick
11-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Mobigsly: It's called Chemung Speedrome located in Chemung, NY (Upstate)

:wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
11-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Any word on that enduro at wall???