PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mister Petey

WEEZER
10-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Hello R.P., I'm coming up for the Mutha again this year with a 75 Monte and basing it on what I've seen, my Monte ride height is WAY too high compared to some other "stock" enduro cars up there. So of course making the long trip from LI, I'd never break the rules only to be DQ'D, but let's just pretend (wink,wink) I did. If I were to cut the front springs to lower them, what's a good height? 10 inches? How about the rears, or should I just heat them up and allow them to settle down a little?
Thanks, but please keep this hush, hush, don't want to let the NEETS tech guys onto anything. See you in November.

spier racing 93
10-28-2006, 09:55 PM
NEETS Tech guys come on here. Why dont you call Petey instead of posting in public?

WEEZER
10-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Because I'm not trying to be TOO serious!!!!!

RGeeProductions
10-29-2006, 09:41 AM
We knew your point Weezer.....

richardpetey
10-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Believe it or not! I've never cut or torched a spring in my "Big Montes", instead, I've always searched the different aftermarket manufacturers of stock springs, and based on their dimensions and spring pressures, usually put together a good combination......................... :cool:
The bad part about this method, you gotta buy two springs........................... :disgusted
Sometimes, I have to resort to OEM springs from GM, or go to the boneyard and get all 4 springs from different "Big Montes" or similar framed cars................. :help:
The riding height of your Monte is important but not as critical as spring rate, you need a softer spring at Mountain, as opposed to the heavier stuff you use at RH...................... :rolleyes:
Last but not least, every driver has a different feel for a car with a certain spring rate and height, if you're happy with what you have now, don't stray too far from your regular set-up............................. :applause:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
P.S. It'll be great to see ya again, I gotta feeling this race is really gonna be a mutha, hehe................. :D

WEEZER
10-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks Petey. I've heard 6 cyl car springs are softer, so maybe I'll go that route, trying to avoid too much body roll. Sorry to hear about you getting stuffed in your late model, I'm sure that car has to be a blast to drive (and fast too)!
See you on the 18th.