PDA

View Full Version : Mutha questions

tstiles
10-31-2006, 09:18 AM
What does the 2nd through 5th place trucks get for the Mutha. I know 1st gets $1000, but what do the rest get?? Is it a fact we race our 100 laps on Saturday?

NEETS-1
10-31-2006, 05:58 PM
The MUTHA page will be up later on tonight with all event info.

Crazy Horse
10-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Whats the rule on AntiFreeze?

rpkulik
10-31-2006, 08:26 PM
It was a disaster last year!

pitbull113
10-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Whats the rule on AntiFreeze? Wear your long johns. :D

EnduroFromDE
10-31-2006, 08:31 PM
november, december, january months according to the rule book, it still up to billy.

NEETS-1
10-31-2006, 08:33 PM
I will let you know in advance if it is allowed. Most months in the year it is not allowed. For Nov, Dec and Jan events, if there is athreat of temps dipping below freezing overnight....I do allow it.

richardpetey
10-31-2006, 09:23 PM
YES! The three most welcome words in racing that help make my world go around(at least to the left)............................... :applause:
UNCLE PETEY................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Crazy Horse
10-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Wear your long johns. :D
Another off subject trap, ;) ;) nice try pitbull113 ;) I totaly understand the affects it has on the track...but in some situations it's needed.

EnduroFromDE
11-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Its the week of the Mutha. and suppose to be at or below freezing at nights all week, plus the days of the race.
anti-freeze, or no anti-freeze.
Can't wait too late. Last year it was still undecided untill the Sunday morning of the races

nobandwagonhere
11-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Its the week of the Mutha. and suppose to be at or below freezing at nights all week, plus the days of the race.
anti-freeze, or no anti-freeze.
Can't wait too late. Last year it was still undecided untill the Sunday morning of the races
I remember cars that had their blocks freeze over night last year. An "ANTI-FREEZE" heads up would be great.

CJfilms
11-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey guys, here's my suggestion...

The 'predicted' overnight low for saturday night is 32 degrees on the nose. We all know how cold it gets in the valley, the temp for Drums may be 30 but it feels like 20...

As you all know, Erin's truck is left down at the track between races, Joe Cal himslef told me to put anti-freeze in it since they started getting frost in the mornings a couple of weeks ago...not to mention flurries here and there.

My suggestion would be to buy/bring some with you and wait until the latest possible time Sat night...$5-10 won't hurt your wallet to buy it if you will need it anyway after the race.

Besides the temperature being one thing, wind may play a part in lowering it as well... So I would suggest for you to be ready rather than sorry. Bring an empty container with you as well so if you do fill it overnight, you can drain it out in the morning and fill 'er back up with water...

just an idea.. :-B

racenut38
11-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Im traveling to far at 70+mph at 5 am. Im puting it in no matter what. I also think disabled cars should be removed from the track during the red flags. How does :cool: everbody else feel about this.

EnduroFromDE
11-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Same here Bob, got a good 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive up the Blue Rout starting at 6:30/7 am. If we run anti-freeze it would be nice to remove the cars off the track. This will saved from anti-freeze running on the track when someone slams a stalled car, (you know its going to happen). Joe and Billy might think of that as a good thing, so it does not eat away the track. Plus it will not slow, the already 1 1/2 to 2 hour race, down any, when more cars spin from the fluid, thus laying down more anti-freeze.

EnduroFromDE
11-15-2006, 07:24 PM
For those, like myself not coming on Saturday, I know on Sunday we start in the rear, but how does the cars in the rear get lined up??? Cards, reg., where ever we feel like lining up???

Erin C
11-15-2006, 09:52 PM
If you cannot make it on Saturday you will fall in the back in the order in which you register...so get up there and see me in the tower quick so you get a better rear position :-B

I WILL SEE YOU ALL ON THIS WEEKEND!! :applause: :cheers:

Lad3der
11-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Cars Will Not Be Moved that is enduro racing. also rules are rules no anti freeze. there are 16oz bottles of additive that lowers the water temp. i know its made by redline and called water wetter, royal purple also makes a product. so quiet the *****ing and remeber that this is an ENDURO.

Crazy Horse
11-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Whats a little Anti-Freeze on the track, NEETS runs under all conditions RAIN,ICE,SNOW,SUNSHINE,MUD,Soooo,GO GREEN...or BLUE...or PINK for those :cool: Enduro Darlings ;) ;) Thats why it"s called "THE MUTHA".

Erin C
11-15-2006, 10:35 PM
And NEETS runs with the little harlem trout swimming down from the bathrooms!

i know Jason stepped in a few of those at the last race! :eek:

Matt-you are lucky you got to stay above all of that! Also...watch that potty mouth young man or i will push ya in the stream! hehe! :wave:

Geno
11-15-2006, 10:38 PM
J-Mac did say he was really pooped after the race. But ya now what they say, IT runs down hill! :lol:

See ya’s Saturday. :wave:

Oh yeah, my opinion- leave the cars on the track!

Groho
11-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Opinion only, I say no cars on the track.

Crazy Horse
11-15-2006, 10:46 PM
:confused: No people on the Track :confused:

pitbull113
11-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Hey Lad3der that water wetter isn't going to stop your block from freezing. Also the rule clearly state #ANTIFREEZE- Will not be allowed until Nov/Dec/Jan events. The last I looked at the calender it was november.

Lad3der
11-15-2006, 11:02 PM
yes water wetter lowers the freezing temp and the antifreeze rule is also up to billy. it is under his discretion

Erin C
11-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah it is november but in the rules what is meant is that in the months with below freezing weather it is allowed. right now it looks to be a nice weekend and we all know how many times the weather report is going to change before saturday so give it a little more time before a final decision is made. i know that if there is no anti freeze allowed i am sure as hell going to get it out of my radiator, well not me - Joe will do it for me :) We just put it in my truck because there were a few nights where it dipped a little below freezing as a precaution. But lets just be patient and wait until Tomorrow or friday for a final call. Cant make a decision too early because it may be 60 on saturday and sunday like it was today! :applause:

pitbull113
11-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Red Line Water Wetter does not significantly reduce the freezing point of water. If the vehicle will see freezing temperatures, an antifreeze must be used. Water expands approximately 9% upon freezing which can cause severe engine damage. Even in summertime, the use of air-conditioning can blow freezing air through the heater and cause freezing of the heater core unless approximately 20% antifreeze is used.

tstiles
11-16-2006, 08:28 AM
use antifreeze if needed. if it is warm up there this weekend, then there is no use for it.

NJ Chick
11-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Put the dead cars in neutral and leave them on the track.

Clarification for the people coming on Sunday only, you MUST come to the tower and register with us. Don't dawdle, the order in which you register determines your starting position behind the rest of the pack! :p Come see Momma NEETS for 4 cyls and me for the Big 6/8's....Thanks!

Good luck to all this weekend!
:cheers:

racenut38
11-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Hay Matt this is not Riverhead. We are goinng alot faster. If you hit a parked car at 60 mph. It will destroy your car as well the car you hit, plus you can get hurt as well. I feel that mountain is more like racing so lets keep the grooves open . Maybe we can have a vote at the drivers meeting. Looking forward to this weekend see you there. :applause: :applause:

Mobigsly
11-16-2006, 07:08 PM
You can't go 60 if cars are all over the track. Kinda slows thoses race motors down.

richardpetey
11-16-2006, 07:16 PM
You don't need no stinking anti-freeze, yet................................. :rolleyes:
The weather report is calling for a low of 31 degrees on sunday night and 35 degrees on saturday night............................. :drool:
In order to damage a block or cooling system in your enduro machine, temps. would have to be in the mid to low 20's for a sustained period of time, that one night won't hurt ya with borderline freezing atmosphere.............. :D
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
PS... Don't wake up one morning 3 weeks after the race and realize its too late, hehe......................... :help:

NEETS-1
11-16-2006, 07:17 PM
So far it looks like it's going to be in the 50s on both Sat/Sun. If you want to take added precaution, drain your water out on Saturday after the races and re-fill it Sunday. "Simple solution" :rolleyes:
As far as it goes right now...there will NO antifreeze allowed. The rules say antifreeze is not allowed until NOV/DEC/JAN shows but that is still a judgement call IF the weather deems it to be neccesary.
Antifreeze is an enemy to cars/drivers when on the track but more so to the fact in the long term, it eats away asphalt.

racenut38
11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
I can. My point is Safety and $ we have alot of $ & time in our cars. I for one don't want to cream somebodys car or leave my car out there to be creamed.But I will go with the flow.I still vote remove the cars during the reds.Race safe & have fun Ill change my antifrezzzz at the track.

vsmidge68
11-16-2006, 08:16 PM
OK MORE IMPORTANTLY WHERE IS THE PARTY?? :cheers:
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME HUMAN CONSUMPTION ANTIFREEZE!

mystic1582
11-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Prior to laying your fool butts down to sleep Sat night And quit your crying!!!

Lad3der
11-17-2006, 12:58 AM
people its an enduro cars stay on the track at any other enduro race at any other track. lets put it this way win race= car crushed, so what difference is it if the car is left on the track and ruinined so as far as i am concern the discusion about cars on the track is over. so get over it and deal

NEETS-1
11-17-2006, 01:35 AM
I will stay consistant as to how we were running the races in the past. I will use my judgement in which cars will be left and which cars removed with safety in mind.
I (and all you) still must remember this is an Enduro series. It is your driving skill that must prevail....not how fast your car is. Dead cars slow the racing down. We must keep the spirit of enduro racing alive....if not it will just be another factory stock race. There's only one thing that boggles my mind....how a car can pass a dead car on the track 10 times and then hit it the 11th lap. Brainf%#t???
Another thing to remember is you are showing your skills to YOUR fans....that is what they want to see, AND you have built up a great fan base. People come from all over the N.E. to see you.
I am hearing a lot of "time" and "money" words in some posts. This is supposed to be a series where cars are disposable to a certain extent. This is preached to all in the beginning and why NEETS is successful. I know and you know that some DO spend money on their cars and take the rules right to the edge. :angel: This is the chance you must take by spending the extra bucks to win...you must also be as good as anyone else with their $100 cars. :wave:

EnduroFromDE
11-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Hey Matt your right there really is not no difference IF you win or wreck trying and get your car totaled, well, BESIDES the three grand sitting in your pocket as you WATCH FROM THE OUTSIDE of the car while you car gets destroyed. And like how Billy said SAFTY would be the outcome in the removel of the cars. Brainf%#t, not say its not true, but if you heading in to a turn 6 wide and the track is loaded with water and cars you are bound to hit something. Or if someone does not see a the car bellow them and swarvs to miss a car and turns your car into the path of the dead one, theres nothing you can do but brace for the impact and hope you miss it.
Also is there going to be a break between 100 laps? I know alot of Enduros have Like intermission or somethink after 100 laps. But then they soak the track with soapy water and make the cars go in the other direction, clock ways.

racenut38
11-17-2006, 07:38 AM
I still feel the drivers should have a say. lets vote at the (DRIVERS ) meeting . And yes its an enduro not a Demo.and the cars that hit a parked car after passing it 10 times are most likely pushed into them.And even A 100 doller car has alot of time in it. I love racing not crashing. :applause:

Lad3der
11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
in the pass there has been no break at half way. so i an think it will be the same this year plays in to the stragey. so racenut if you have a problem with the cars on the track talk to me personally. we have been leaving the cars on the track all season so why should this racce be any different.

pitbull113
11-17-2006, 12:08 PM
so as far as i am concern the discusion about cars on the track is over. so get over it and deal Nice attitude for someone who represents NEETS. The competitors are just voicing their opinion no reason to be so rude. Maybe you would better understand if you were out there.

rpkulik
11-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Nobody's being rude.

mystic1582
11-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Was the term enduro derived from endurance as in endurance race? If so i see few cars left on the track during the 24 hrs of Daytona, or Sebring for that matter. And several of the cars which hit parked cars after a dozen laps or so are often pushed into the dead player. Not fun in my opinion...and that often causes a chain reaction which brings out the red and the prevailing rear end collisions that also happen to many cars when a red comes out.
Steve P.

spier racing 93
11-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Nice attitude for someone who represents NEETS. The competitors are just voicing their opinion no reason to be so rude. Maybe you would better understand if you were out there.

Pitbull, I remember when he was out on the track earlier this year and caused quite an accident! :disgusted

pitbull113
11-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Ty thats not the kind of "out there" I meant. :D

nobandwagonhere
11-17-2006, 07:58 PM
"MYSTIC 1582" Hit the nail right on the head. Ive said this a million times. ENDURO is an ENDURANCE race. Where else have you run an enduro where the dead cars are removed? If the track is blocked, thats one thing. If a car is here and there, then adapt. I mean c'mon. I think Billy has been pretty fair with removing cars. Get the driver out, but leave the car. And not for nothing, but if you know a car is dead on the track and you avoided it for 10 laps, then going into that corner 6 wide aimed at the dead car might not be the answer. Usually, when Im going into a turn..say...turn 1. Im looking at turn 3 to see what line Im going to take. Its endurance fellas. You have 250 laps to get around cars. Pace yourself and you should have no problem. Thats the chance you take when you sign up. You dont sign up and THEN change the rules. Hey Matt....if my car is dead just kinda throw a quick red :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (kidding.)
Lets have a good weekend fellas.
See ya tomorrow. :wave:

J & J Racing 41
11-17-2006, 09:47 PM
I have been racing enduros for twenty years, and have seen everything thrown at us such as dead cars put on the track, soapy water, tractor tires and foam blocks. You old flemington guys know what I mean. Sometimes you have to think beyond 100 laps, If alot of cars get destroyed car count will suffer. I've seen it time and time again. You have to do whats best for the series. NEETS is the best enduro series I've seen and billy's doing a great job making the calls..

Crazy Horse
11-17-2006, 10:34 PM
The 41 has been around for twenty years I would say he knows what he's talking about,racing wrecks cars.you start wrecking cars in big numbers, I agree,your car counts will drop.taking a vote was a fair suggestion after all...we are (NEETS)family.I vote for a vote :cool: