PDA

View Full Version : Henry Cataldo to be featured in Speedway Illustrated

LongIslandJam
10-31-2006, 06:37 PM
From Henry Cataldo's crewmember - George Maccarone:

I received an e-mail today from Speedway Illustrated stating that Henry Cataldo will be featured in the "Hometown Heroes" section of the issue that goes on sale Nov. 28.

Cool Beans Henry and team. Hope the article does your guys justice!

Tracy87BB
10-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Always great to see a local racer get some print space...good for the driver, good for the track and good for the sport in general. Having done a champion's profile on Henry for the Jam several years back, I had the opportunity to speak with Henry at some length...in spite of whatever preconceived perceptions I had of "The Phantom" prior to the interview (after all, he WAS our competition), I was truly impressed with his professionalism and his approachability. I walked away from the experience with a whole new outlook and respect for Henry...it's nice to see a good guy catch some positive press! Congrats to Henry and crew!

The Bullfather
11-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Is it the issue I got in the mail last week? The dec. issue? He's not in that issue! The article on Todd Bodine is good also couple of great modified reference this issue.

Tracy87BB
11-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Should be the next issue, if I'm understanding it correctly (the issue that goes on sale Nov. 28)...

44Magnum
11-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Bullfather:

This past Monday, Kimberly McGraw, who compiles the "Hometown Heroes" feature for Speedway Illustrated e-mailed me that the article on Henry will be in the "off-season" issue (by that I assume that she means the January 2008 issue) that goes on sale Nov. 28. Since holders of NASCAR crew/driver licenses also receive a subscription to Speedway Illustrated as part of their package, I would guess that subscribers should receive the issue a few days before it goes on sale at the newsstands.

pitbull113
11-01-2006, 09:54 PM
the article on Henry will be in the "off-season" issue (by that I assume that she means the January 2008 issue) that goes on sale Nov. 28. 2008??? We have to wait that long?

44Magnum
11-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Pitbull:

:rolleyes: Oops--sorry! Must have had a "senior moment; :drool: " I got a year ahead of myself there (and at my age, that's one thing one definitely does not want to do :disgusted )! I should have written January 2007.

Thanks for pointing that error out.

pitbull113
11-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the info George I think we all knew what you meant. :D

44Magnum
11-04-2006, 12:08 AM
:confused: Even if I didn't :lol: