PDA

View Full Version : What if...

enduroracer131
11-02-2006, 01:09 AM
I have one of those feelings that we are gonna get snow on the Mutha race. I know we race in everything, but if there is accumulating snow for one of the winter races, how will that be dealt with? plowing? salting? drive in it? Just wondering, but I'm sure it would be interesting. :applause:

EnduroFromDE
11-02-2006, 07:59 AM
"yeah, we race no matter what..." but there is probably going to be a low car count, only those local guy/gals. For those that have to travel, they not going to be there. That's what kept me home during the frankenduro, not the rain, but the wind, there were gusts in Delaware of 73 mph. And if there's a snow storm im not going to make it either, that's going to keep a few at bay, or at least at home, as well. Even those coming down from New York too.
I just hope for nice weather for me, the race, and those fans that sit I watch us crazy people we call NEET drivers.
see ya on the 19th.......

tstiles
11-02-2006, 09:41 AM
think positive.

CJfilms
11-02-2006, 09:44 AM
The Burger King's White Weather Guide:

Come out and race! Either way...

1. If there is considerable snow accumulation before hand -- leave Wednesday and make reservations for a week at the Econo Lodge...mmmm Fresh Continental Doughnuts! ...lose your job though.

2. If there is snow predicted for the day of -- come a day early and play it by ear...see #4 too!!!

3. If the snow hits us by surprise and you get stuck -- race your little white hearts out then...see #4.

4. If there is a considerable amount of snow -- come to the infield and party in my NEETS sized igloo that I will be taking photos from. Leave the car/trailer in the pits and sleep in the infield igloo!

There will be plenty of white food for everyone to satify their hunger and thirst needs...and for those who like to lick the little white windows, we'll provide a tasty yellow treat for you, it'll be left in the snow out back! :p

If you have any questions regarding reservations in the big white lodge, send an email to freeze@cold.com or call 1-900-SNO-BALL ...1-900?? hey if anyone does actually fall for it and call they deserve to pay! lol

Stay Numb!

enduroracer131
11-02-2006, 05:08 PM
I wont miss a race because any weather, just have to leave a little earlier if it does. see ya up there on the 18th and 19th :wave:

WEEZER
11-02-2006, 08:43 PM
I hope it does snow so that I can show everybody my artistic talents of writing in the snow!!!!!!!

pitbull113
11-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I hope it does snow so that I can show everybody my artistic talents of writing in the snow!!!!!!!I'll pass on that show thank you very much!! :D

richardpetey
11-03-2006, 12:54 AM
You can count on this!................If because of severe weather on the day of the race you can't get to the show............there won't be a show......................... :eek:
Unless of course, you have a deer stand on the side of Rt. 80 and you watch all the car trailers jack- knifing into the woods, hehe............ :help:
UNCLE PETEY................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
11-03-2006, 07:31 AM
so petey what your trying to say either way theres going to be wrecked cars and angry drivers, right??? :lol:

rcp_ny
11-03-2006, 11:39 AM
"... Even those coming down from newyork tooo. the snow seems to hit harder up there

Ya, had to brush an inch off the truck this morning for the first time this year. That's in the hills off of I-81 between Binghamton and Cortland. But that's just lake effect stuff; I don't think that ever gets down to Saint Johns, PA.

Last Sunday I was working on the car while the weather alternated between sunny and blizzard. Lake effect can be very moody. :) I just wish I would hurry up and get the car running so I can warm my hands up! At least the last few days, when I have to lay on the ground to do something, the mud is mostly frozen, so that's a little less messy. :lol:

K MAC
11-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Snow would be fun but ,I will hope for dry weather,on tires ,mixed series 70 225 and 70 235 ok?????????????

enduroracer131
11-13-2006, 05:23 AM
Just looked at the weather for the track and there calling for rain/snow showers for sunday. :applause:

CJfilms
11-13-2006, 01:56 PM
oh yeah, that will change 101 times by then though...

also, if anyone is using the mountain site as a directory to the weather site, here is the new site address...

http://www.mountainspeedwayphotography.com/mountainspeedway/

the regular site will be back soon...