PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened To...?

Dwight Clock
11-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Thinking about seasons past at Riverhead as much as I have lately has brought back memories of some of the guys who raced there. It has also brought the realization that there are many I haven't heard anything about in years. Perhaps some readers can help out here. I'll toss out some names and, if you know anything, post it here. Here goes; Richie Anderson, Leo Ceckowski, Marty Reed, Frank "Mississippi" Curtis, Joe Krukowski, John Berkoski, Charlie Siebert, Buzzy & Bert Hedges, Jack Belsha, Jim LaFountaine, Wes Zaleski, & Tommy Washburn. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

RGeeProductions
11-06-2006, 01:51 PM
I know Leo Ceckowski's son, who also raced, works out in Mattituck in the lumber yard.

Richie
11-07-2006, 03:46 PM
I used to see Bobby Ceckowski at the cauliflower auction in Riverhead each year but they don't have that anymore. Leo I haven't seen in years. Sip is racing in heaven probably MF everything. Buzzy is up there with him. Bert I can't say for sure, but will ask around. Joe Krukowski, I was talking with at the last Old Timers Day. He was there with John Ambose's coupe. John Berkoski I talked with at Danny Jivanelli's shop a few months ago. He looks really good. Retired now. That's the best I can do for you on the update.

Dwight Clock
11-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks, Richie. Sorry to hear about Sip and Buzzy. Sip was a real character and Buzzy was an all around nice guy. RIP :(