PDA

View Full Version : Mason-Dixon Meltdown

IDRIVEALARGECAR
11-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Hey NY'ers
Is anyone from up yonder heading south for the meltdown? I know there are a few good enough cars up there to run with the big guns there. It will sure enough be a heckuva show if NY gets some representation. I will be there for the weekend with my family to enjoy a little time away with them.
Hope to see some of you guys down there.
Joey Colicchio
Denver, N.C.

RGeeProductions
11-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Keep in mind, Wall's Turkey Derby is that weekend also and teams could afford that and not the long haul....

BernerMotorsprt
11-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Tom Rogers Jr. plans on attending with the #5 Modified.

bulldozer
11-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Billy Wheeler, formerly of Riverhead Raceway, is racing in the late models. I'm going down South to watch. Chris Turbush

LongIslandJam
11-20-2006, 08:17 PM
If anybody is going down to the Mason Dixon race and would be kind enough to provide some updates for the Jam, please e-mail me at jackley@longislandjam.com

Thanks!

IDRIVEALARGECAR
11-21-2006, 01:57 PM
$25,000 to win the Late Model Show is worth the trip...Chris, I will be helping out Bill Wheeler also that weekend on Saturday. Friday I might not get there until late, we will see how the traffic is on Friday Morning. Dave Macomber has a hurt motor, so his plans on coming down were scratched. If Tom Rogers runs the way he did at the shootout, then the South better look out. I am sure the 5 car is as good as Doc's Car; he ran away from the feild with and passed tech afterwards. Chris, have a safe and Happy Holiday and I will see you in the pits.
Joe Colicchio
Denver,N.C.

W. J.
11-22-2006, 04:50 PM
$25,000 to win the LM race? I thought it was $12,500 each race, Mods and LM's???

kinserfan11
11-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Congrats to #60 Matt Hirschman on his win in the 250 lap modified race !!!

IDRIVEALARGECAR
11-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Sorry my mistake it was 12,500 for each SLM and Tour Type Mods, but The Melt Down was just that, and nothing to really write home about. Matt Hirschman showed the Talent we all known him to Have. 25 mods started, 6 finish running, and an awesome fight in the pits after the mod race. 33 SLM started and 12 finished running and of the 12, 7 had all their body parts. Ben Rowe was clearly the fastest car, but went a lap down with a flat right front and caused his own caution, stopping on the track and starting again so PASS Gave him a 1 lap penalty. So he was 2 laps down and he still lapped the field twice to finish 6th. Lady Luck bit Bill Wheeler hard and I am Glad he is OK after a HARD crash into the turn 1-2 wall due to a throttle sticking wide open. We all managed to have a good time in the stands watching the races. The Hardest hit team was the Whorffs from up North, they wrecked all 3 cars they brought down. The weather was awesome and we couldn't ask for better. As for the track, well it was seeping water out of the entrance to turn 1 and exit of turn 2 all weekend, and proved to make the racing real interesting. Well, I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and have a great Christmas holiday, also.
Joe Colicchio
Denver, N.C.