PDA

View Full Version : Top Performers Races

NEETS-1
11-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Many people were asking about the top performers races on Saturday Nov 18th.
It started when me and Rich were talking about doing something for the winners of any '06 NEETS races in the beginning of the season for the MUTHA event as an add on in Constant Performances name.
Well now at the end of the season, Rich's wife Cindy wants to honor Rich's wishes by still holding this event.
We decided it would be a 12 lap dash for the winners of any points NEETS races. Cindy wants to do it in all classes including the TRUX. They will be lined up with lowest in points on the pole and a single file start.
Eligible are;
> Big cars: Joe Jentile, Tim Pauch, Ray Fitzgerald & Jeff Walls
> Small cars: Mike Mujsce Jr, Larry Fisher, Ollie Stewart, Joe
> Grocholski, Harry Sager
> Trux: John Cozza, Bobby Pease, Shawn Wanat, Rob McCormick and Harry Sager
Up for grabs is $150 per division. I haven't decided if it will be winner take all or split it 2 or 3 ways.

Cindy has many other plans to stay involved w/ NEETS in the future and I will post it all on the series website for 2007.
We thank Cindy Johnson for staying in touch w/ us and staying involved w/ our series in which Rich loved so much. Cindy is also sponsoring the "Constant Performance" Top Ten plaques and cash awards for the 4 and 6/8 cyls at the 2006 banquet. The TRUX top ten will start in 2007.
:applause:

richardpetey
11-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Its really great that Cindy is one of the sponsors of the NEETS series.................................. :D
The Johnson family were a big part of NEETS from its inception and I think its wonderful that Cindy still wants to be part of the NEETS family................... :applause:
I just can't get her to do the driver part...YET, hehe.......................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY........................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
I almost forgot, what about us guys who were the first loser(2nd)............ :confused:

WEEZER
11-12-2006, 09:27 PM
So this means there won't be A race for the guys in the top ten in each division? That was pretty cool last year.

richardpetey
11-12-2006, 09:40 PM
The Norwich construction challange race for the big & small cars (top 10 in points in each division) will be held in addition to the top performers race on saturday.................................... :applause:
You can bet my steering wheel aint' gonna come off this race.................... :help:
UNCLE PETEY........................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

WEEZER
11-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Hey Petey, I almost forgot about that, were'nt you leading the race when that happened. I hope felix and his crew come up again from jersey (deathsquad rub rails and all) "RACINRACINRACIN" GODBLESS AMERICAN!!!!! If next week is anything like this week was weather wise, it's gonna be a SWEET weekend.

RJD
11-13-2006, 06:18 PM
How many laps are in the top 10 challenge races?

rocket
11-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Will there be a top ten race for the Trux?

tstiles
11-16-2006, 08:36 PM
it would be nice and deserved if the top 10 in points get to race . they all pushed to be there.

NEETS-1
11-16-2006, 10:44 PM
There will be a "Top Ten" race for the TRUX in '07. There are hundreds of cars in the 4 and 6/8 cyl division and it is a great accomplishment to be in the top ten.
The TRUX was a 6 race mini series (averaging in the teens per race) in which I added on to some of the events in 2006 as a trial because I felt this division could grow into something as another affordable racing venue. I am not saying it was not an accomplishment to be in the TRUX top ten...I am saying it was not in the budget to do everything that the regular divisions were to do this year.
I think next year, if you are in the top ten of the NEETS TRUX division, you will be the Elite of the division. I have good feelings that this is going to be better than expected. :cheers:
Starting in January at the Beaters event, the TRUX will be a full fledged division of NEETS and will enjoy all of the benefits. :applause:

Bobby Pease
11-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Your right Billy, It was a mini series.. I think only 10 trux started all 5 races.. If we expand, 2007 maybe we will have a top ten shootout..
B Pease