PDA

View Full Version : It Happens Again....

LEAD LAP
11-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Here we go again. A couple of people vent their displeasure with the track and next year's schedule, and what happens ? THREAD CLOSED.

Well, at least we know whose side the Administrator is on. Just do us a favor, and change the site to www.don'tsayanythingbadaboutriverheadraceway.com.

It would be more appropiate.

unowho243
11-14-2006, 12:18 PM
stop if dont like the way the sites run go on it then when guys about the track they get heat from the track for it so just cut the bull

maestri fan 1
11-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Lead Lap to be honest with you they let us talk for a long time about the schedule. The bottom line is that most people hate the schedule as well as the way the track is ran. Basically we voiced our opinion and yes it did go on for a while therefore the thread was closed. We all wrote what we had to say and thats it. If the thread remained open it would get repetitive so it was closed. Thanks for letting voice our opinion, too bad nothing will be done about it.

allhailunc
11-14-2006, 02:06 PM
These fine gentlemen(yes you too RGEE :lol: ) tread a fine line with management with what is allowable on this message board-however when that right to voice your opinion is compromised because it isn't to someone's liking-well that's another story. Bringing out both positives & negatives (and there are a lot of both) on this board is a good/great way to show our feelings and this should be allowable. However, when it gets beyond repetitive due to the same thing over and over again, then these gents have a right, never mind to those at the track, but to us here, to shut that subject down. Saying one's piece is great, but going overboard won't get anyone anywhere.

DriveitinDeep
11-14-2006, 02:38 PM
it's called beating a dead horse.

Short & Simple
11-14-2006, 03:43 PM
But it feels good.

mod fan99
11-14-2006, 03:48 PM
its called free speech;the administrator of this board are cheerleaders for the HEAD...................

LongIslandJam
11-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Driveitindeep and allhailunc hit it on the head... It's beating a dead horse until it senseless...

4 pages, most of which was nonsense of going back and forth between two people (there was some good in it, but it was lost unfortunately).

We do want to promote racing at Riverhead, but we don't sugarcoat the situations (nor do we want to, we're here to promote racing, but also present the full picture, both track and fan/competitor view of issues). There's a lot of good that happens at Riverhead that we never talk about... In my experience, it's easier to harp on the bad of situations than the good...

Constructive criticism is always welcome, and we always have held our visitors to a higher standard than the typical forum (and I'll be the first to admit that). We don't tolerate nonsense, and we play no favorites. It's how we get the credibility with folks so that we can make change. Change is something that's not easily made, but we can keep trying with constructive criticism, and eventually management does listen, if you speak loudly (right allhailunc?).

And always, my e-mail jackley@longislandjam.com and my phone number (516) 330-9737 is always available for those who want to talk with me and discuss things. Only a few people have utilized the direct method of contacting me and resolving issues, but I guess it's easier to complain than solve a problem. That's a shame, as that's the root of the cause of things at Riverhead. BOTH sides are guilty of this, as no one is willing to listen to each other. I don't play that game, so feel free to call or e-mail me if you want to discuss manners concerning the Jam. It's ultimately up to you, the racing community to determine our direction as its for you.

Hollywood
11-14-2006, 04:51 PM
HAHHAA Damn JA
You missed your chance to close this thread! :lol: :cheers:
JK

Golf Guy
11-14-2006, 06:55 PM
I remember once JA asked if you post a complaint than also have a solution (or something to that effect). I think this is a good way to reply to a problematic situation. It is always easy to ***** and complain, but give a fix to that problem as well. And please, just writing that your solution will fall on deaf ears is not an excuse for not trying.

Wheel Racing
11-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Here we go again. A couple of people vent their displeasure with the track and next year's schedule, and what happens ? THREAD CLOSED.......

...but not deleted. I've seen plenty of threads carry on forever,but when they stop making sense it is time to close them.Beating a dead horse is a perfect way to put it.The longer the thread went on,the harder people had to reach to comment on it.JA actually saved some people personal embarassment by not allowing any more additions.However I do agree that the schedule does have issues (and no I don't have the solutions) most of what could be said was already posted.If this site was purely"cheerleaders for the head" then the thread would have been deleted entirely.Think about it

debbie33
11-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Okay we all know that I like to B$%&@ and moan a lot. (I said so, so none of you had to) Why come on this site and rant and rave about the track, the tires, the officials, the schedule, the staff, the owners, the employees, the food, the prices? There is nothing that the owners or moderators of this site can do about it. We can come on here and do all of the above, but it is not going to solve ANYTHING. We all know that the minute you pass through the gates and sign your life away, you are now in the ******* czar world. You give up your right to just about everything when you sign in through the back gate. So why do we come on here complaining about it when we are the fools (for lack of a better word) that pay the fees and sign on the dotted line week in and week out.
Yes, they are the only game in town, I heard it all before, but we can not change it, this stuff has been going on for a long time. The only way anything is going to change is if everyone bands together and puts their foot down as a whole and disputes the issues, or doesn't show up opening night. You can all say ok, let's do it and you know what, you are all a bunch of fibbers, because it will never happen, we will all continue to go, week in and week out, because we love the sport and the close location just makes it so much easier to go.
So save the typing and venting, because it is not going to change, and we can not change it!!

unowho243
11-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Very well said Debbie

The Bullfather
11-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Why do I get a feeling Richie is going to photoshop J.A. with pom-poms lol hahahahaha :help: :lol:

LEAD LAP
11-17-2006, 03:56 PM
J.A.

I don't have a problem with your site. It's a GREAT way to keep up with what's happening with the racing week-to-week, month-to-month, ect. The race reporting, photos, inside stories, ect. are all GREAT.

But the Forums are supposed to be, a least from our standpoint, our only way to chime in on what goes on at the track. If 50 people want to throw in their opinion, for either side, then why can't 50 people do that? Look at some of the other Threads:
Favorite cars of the past-34 Responses- Still Open.
Yaphank Site- 35 Responses- Still Open.
Nicknames-145 Responses-Still Open
StevePark Fans-152 Responses-Still Open
Say something Negative about the track-Thread Closed.

We all know your phone number and e-mail address. But all these track issues aren't with you. They are there to be thrown out to all who read the Forums for discussion.

Then there are the posters who say don't just complain, come up with a solution. I DID. Read the post. I brought up the possibility of a Driver's Association to bring "the complaining" (as Turn One Cowboy puts it), to the management in an organized and civilized manner. It was the first and only suggestion to that effect. I threw in my complaint, and offered a SOLUTION. Is that "beating a dead horse"? Sorry. I was waiting to see if anyone else thought it was a good or bad idea. Too late. THREAD CLOSED.

pitbull113
11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Very well said Charles!

DAN D.
11-17-2006, 10:08 PM
JA stated to, "bring it to the management in an organized and civilized manner." I have seen that work back in 2002 or 2003 when we had the first Enduro meeting for rule changes which was a step in the right direction..hence the GRAND ENDUROS were created, all because it was brought up to officials and management about equalling out and trying to make it fair for the entry enduro driver, that's what came to mind. Like I have said before, also, It beats the other Oval Track on Long Island...... Yeah, think about the other current track?? Hmmm? There is NONE! Make the best of it, pay your money, listen to engines, smell the rubber, and enjoy it the best you can. AHHH, and Always tune into the best darn Long Island Racing Site ...LONGISLANDJAM.COM :applause:

Tower Man
11-20-2006, 02:41 PM
The Enduro meetings from the past. Ah yes, I think I was there. Oh wait, I was there. It's deja vu all over again.

W. J.
11-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Then there are the posters who say don't just complain, come up with a solution. I DID. Read the post. I brought up the possibility of a Driver's Association to bring "the complaining" (as Turn One Cowboy puts it), to the management in an organized and civilized manner. It was the first and only suggestion to that effect. I threw in my complaint, and offered a SOLUTION. Is that "beating a dead horse"? Sorry. I was waiting to see if anyone else thought it was a good or bad idea. Too late. THREAD CLOSED.
A driver's association? Sounds like 'unionizing', which no one associated with NASCAR will EVER put up with. The drivers who know NASCAR history know that, if they remember Talladega, 1969. Big Bill France threw them out, brought in 'replacement' drivers, and it was never brought up again.

THREAD CLOSED? More like a coincidence after your post, as opposed to the idea that your post wasn't acceptable. (Just a guess on my part, I had no connection to it.)

If change is to occur, it must be presented to the people who can effect the change. They like it in person or in writing, so they know where it is coming from. A small committee of people might also be acceptable, but one voice of protest on a message board/forum is not going to change anything. Again, your idea about an association may be a good one on the surface, but it can be easily misinterpreted and therefore rejected outright. That's indeed a shame, but also realistic in the environment we dwell in in the racing community.