PDA

View Full Version : Nelma

smithmotorsport
11-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Hello,
I am trying to get some information about this late model idea. I missed the NELMA event this October, but do have a late model sitting in the shop. Does anyone know how many shows there will be in '07 and where they might be? We are running out of tracks if Mountain drops the late models.

Any information would be great!
Rick Smith
www.smithmotorsports99.com

LongIslandJam
11-14-2006, 04:02 PM
6 shows, Mountain is a definite... We are working on getting 3 more shows, and are currently discussing our options with racetracks within the NY, PA, NJ areas. Any other questions feel free to ask...:)

smithmotorsport
11-14-2006, 05:48 PM
6 shows at Mountain or 6 shows total so far? Is the tire rule going to be the same for all the tracks? Two way radios? Just trying to get a feel of what is going on for next season.

Thanks again!

LongIslandJam
11-14-2006, 06:36 PM
No, not 6 shows at Mountain. That wouldn't be much of a series would it be? LOL

Two-way radios will be allowed and strongly recommended.

Tire rule I have not come to a full conclusion on, but will do so soon. One thing is definite. The tires you qualify on will be the only set of tires you will be allowed to race on for the entire race (unless you puncture a tire). This should help save on cost which is an aim of the series. 6 races for fun for the full-time racer and part-time racer alike...

4thturnfan
01-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Two-way radios will be allowed and strongly recommended??
Will there be a Mandatory scanner rule if you don't have a two way radio?
And will there be someone on the other end of the scanner telling drivers what's going on ??

07LMCREW
02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Have there been any new updates with the NELMA series. I had heard there was a conflict with one of the dates.....

unowho243
02-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Is Riverhead participating in NELMA and if not why?

LongIslandJam
02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi folks,

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner.

#1) two-way radios will be allowed and strongly recommended. We are working with Speedway Communications where there will be a system where there will be a scanner as well. Scanner will be REQUIRED if we are able to get this system.

#2) races have been rescheduled for a fall series. We have secured 2 dates so far, and hope to secure 2 more. I strongly believe quality over quantity. I'd rather have a couple great races over a few mediocre races.

#3) I do not foresee Riverhead in our schedule for 2007, but maybe in 2008. Right now we are concentrating on producing good shows with tracks that are very willing to have us and can work with everyone's schedule. Once we do that, we can convince other tracks to jump aboard and take a chance. Please respect our and their decisions.

Thanks,

BlingxBling
02-07-2007, 12:55 AM
:applause: :applause: Exciting!

07LMCREW, 4-5 tracks in the generalized area, all starting around the same time, all running the same divisions, a holiday, plus opening day, plus anything else that could remotely seem like a conflict came about while trying to schedule dates in the Spring. Since NELMA respects all venues and their schedules, we were forced to more the series to the Fall. I can assure you the dates that have been set already and dates that are in the midst of being arranged, it will be a FANTASTIC year for NELMA. Watch for a press release very soon with all of the details! :wave: