PDA

View Full Version : Whelan Modified Tour to California?

Dwight Clock
11-24-2006, 07:24 PM
It was reported in this week's Area Auto Racing News by Brian Danko that the NASCAR WMT will be a part of the Toyota Showdown Series at the Irwindale Speedway in California in 2007. According to Charlie Mitchell, well respected journalist for the Norwalk Hour in Connecticut, the WMT will replace the defunct Nascar Elite Series. A $200,000 purse will be offered with $1500 tow money for all competitors. An official announcement is forthcoming soon.

W. J.
11-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Sounds like a Rand-McNally road atlas would be a good Christmas gift this year, along with an Exxon or Shell credit card, LOL.

Mike Fields
11-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Don't expect the Toyota All-Star Showdown to be at Irwindale. There is a lot of talk at Daytona about bringing the show back east with the downfall of the NASCAR Elite Series. Where, we don't know. NASCAR hasn't made the decision.

Still, I've seen the story about the $1500 tow money from other stories. It's one of those 'sit back and see what happens' stories.

kinserfan11
11-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Any word yet if the the races will be Live on TV?

Mike Fields
11-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Actually, it never occured to me to ask my sources. Anything I may say would be purely speculation--- and I think we already have enough of that!

Tower Man
11-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes we do...

Tower Man
12-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey Fieldman, it's been a while. What are your sources telling you. Please share. People are waiting to hear.

Mike Fields
12-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Actually, they're telling me nothing because I haven't spoken to him lately. Not like I talk to the person daily.

Besides, I've been too darned busy looking and laughing at Mountain Speedway hemorhaging personnel, and the resulting fallout, with everyone choosing sides, then changing sides, etc.

Joe, what happened to the 'good old days' when the off-season was so boring, and we were all screaming for some news--- any kind of news, good or bad?

KyleMac45
12-12-2006, 08:57 PM
They said that the WMT are going to the Toyota Race.. and yes it is always live on tv!!

Sincerly,
Greg & Kyle McGowan