PDA

View Full Version : The work has begun

The Bullfather
11-27-2006, 09:12 PM
I drove by the track today and they are ripping up the infield of turns 3 and 4 and going to pave it and make a the ground better for roll over without ruts (for how long!). With the repaving comes a new design for safer go-kart racing in my opinion, keeps them away from the walls. Hopefully we have a mild winter so it cures over time without harsh weather.

Mortgage Guy
11-28-2006, 06:55 AM
While they are out there I wonder if they can fix the big bump in 3 & 4, that would make it even better.

RGeeProductions
11-28-2006, 08:06 AM
I drove by the track today and they are ripping up the infield of turns 3 and 4 and going to pave it and make a the ground better for roll over without ruts (for how long!). With the repaving comes a new design for safer go-kart racing in my opinion, keeps them away from the walls. Hopefully we have a mild winter so it cures over time without harsh weather.
Forgive me, I am polish, but, I thought roll-overs were in turn 1-2? They come out of 3-4 ON THE TRACK then to the 1-2 infield ramp?

Mike Fields
11-28-2006, 08:44 AM
RGee, you're right! B Sexton Site Developement is redoing the infield between three and four, which will also make it better for the go karts. I think that Slim and the gang would be pretty ticked off it they had to do a roll over on pavement.

The infield between one and two will be redone to include hydro-seeding to make for a slightly softer landing (without asphalt under the lawn!).

tstiles
11-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Any upgrade is a good upgrade. It says to me "Riverhead is here to stay", so keep it up Riverhead!!!!!!!

W. J.
11-28-2006, 09:33 AM
To set the record straight, the work being done in turn 3-4 is to create a go-kart track within the oval. It's turn 1-2 will be across the infield, while work is also planned to remove the majority of rocks from the area in turn 1-2 of the oval, for the safety and comfort of rollover competitors.
How do I know this? Because of a conversation I had with Bill Denniston at the Hotrod and Motorcycle show at Suffolk Community College this past weekend. It was very nice of Bill to pass this info along, so that all of our fans can get the correct information. :)

unowho243
11-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Any change is a good change....

Now when are they going to repave the whole track, that's what I want to know?

Kudos to Bill

maestri fan 1
11-28-2006, 01:15 PM
That's good that the track is getting repaired but same question everyone else is asking, when is the track going to be fully repaired?

LongIslandJam
11-28-2006, 08:23 PM
To repave a track is pricey... One step at a time, and with continuous improvement, we'll get the track to where we want it;)

DriveitinDeep
11-29-2006, 11:05 AM
let's see. The track was first paved in 1952, and then again in 1992. That would mean 2032 for the next pave job. LOL

allhailunc
11-29-2006, 11:25 AM
is that before or after the dome is installed :lol:

W. J.
11-29-2006, 11:36 AM
is that before or after the dome is installed :lol:
Isn't that the 'dome' on the right in your avatar, LOL. Looks familiar, just like mine!

DAN D.
12-02-2006, 10:49 AM
I always thought that kart track was a bit large, maybe because I was used to a correct size oval when I drove quarter midgets.
Anyway, thanks to the powers that be for the improvements.

The Bullfather
12-02-2006, 11:05 AM
With small classes in go-karts, I believe it may attract more people. With the new style, the track will be smaller and I believe a lot safer for the kids and adults racing. Also with the smaller configuration, it should bring better and closer racing to the go-karts and that much more exciting!

jaFor
12-06-2006, 10:30 PM
let's see. The track was first paved in 1952, and then again in 1992. That would mean 2032 for the next pave job. LOL

The track was originally paved for the 1955 season... but who cares? :confused: No doubt about it, the track DOES need to be repaved!

DAN D.
12-07-2006, 12:15 AM
ditto to the bullfat her and kudos!