PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 60's TV shows (Nick-at-Nite)

pitbull113
11-27-2006, 11:04 AM
.. was paul lynde on bewitched ? the t.v. show or the movie?

DAN D.
11-27-2006, 01:53 PM
i think he was the husband of esmerelda?

pitbull113
11-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Uncle Arthur.

pitbull113
11-27-2006, 04:23 PM
He sure was a funny f*#@er! :D

W. J.
11-27-2006, 06:55 PM
the t.v. show or the movie?
The T.V. show.

rockandrollcafe
11-27-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks a lot Dan- Now you got me in trouble for explaining a joke that was broadcast on national TV (pre-cable). Everytime I talk to you- JA spanks me- JA, I think at 47 years old, I know how to conduct myself without someone publicly censoring me - but it's your site-so it's your call. I'll be standing in the corner if anyone needs me.
Pitbull He really was a funny f*#@er! It was in the deleted post- but do you remember when Samantha opened the lid on the ice bucket and Uncle Arthur's head was in the bucket and he says " Ice to meet ya".

Tower Man
11-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey Ralph, I got your back. If anyone questions why you are out of the corner, send them my way.

Come on guys, like he said, it was on national TV, in the 60's no less.

pitbull113
11-28-2006, 07:57 PM
I think JA was censoring the fl@*!ng hom@$#+ual part.lol. Ralph I haven't seen that show in a looooooong time I kind of remember that bit, but I do remember how funny he was. :D

LongIslandJam
11-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Hey Ralph,

Trying to keep this forum rated PG-13. I felt the explanation of the joke was a little too graphic for my liking. You're right, it's a judgment call, and I made it.

And Dan gets us all in trouble... It's ok, we need some excitement at times, and he knows if he causes enough trouble I'll stop by his shop to cause some trouble hehehe, just joking Dan...

DAN D.
11-28-2006, 11:05 PM
BOY, you are starting to give me a complex? if that is at all possible..I figured Ralph was Cussing me out thats why JA deleted his post .. Oh well ... Is that you Ralphie boy in the corner with the pointy cone hat on ? I think it says "DANCE" on it, I really can't read the words too clearly from here if you turn around and face this way I might be able to make out what it says.? OH well thats the way the cookie crumbles..LOL LOL
ps Good Thread subject RGEE up to 24 replies.. Ralph, I remember the head in the Ice that was too funny miss those days ..it was on right after the Brady Bunch.. what was the address of the Darren and Samantha Stevens house?
and Pit Bull does F*$%@#R mean = Feather ? Funny Feather ?

pitbull113
11-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Now Dan are you trying to get me in trouble too? :angel:

RGeeProductions
11-29-2006, 12:04 AM
what was the address of the Darren and Samantha Stevens house ..

1164 Morning Glory Circle
HOWEVER: in ONE episode, when Darrin slams the door, the '9' in 192 on their address spins around to make 162, hence an angry neighbor at 162 says that his grass was installed at the Stevens' by mistake!!!!

DAN D.
11-29-2006, 09:09 AM
That's the address and I remember that episode, with the 162 I remember the "landing" at the bottom of the stairs. I thought, "what a cool idea, you can jump down the stairs and land on that big square area, before you had to take another few steps down". I remember the Arthur thing also when he was dressed in a King Arthur outfit ??
Pitbull, I guess the f#$%^r does not stand for feather. Maybe.... frumper??

Some web sites referring to bewitched

bewitched (http://www.1164.com/bewitched/collectibles/books/index.html)

links bewitched sound tracks (http://www.1164.com/bewitched/index.html)

pitbull113
11-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Rhymes with trucker.

W. J.
11-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Good grief, from Hollywood Squares joke to Bewitched. Only Dan D. can take us this far off the path, LOL.

rockandrollcafe
11-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Dan-o you know I only curse you out in person-your my boy. I explained the joke, but JA felt it was too graphic of a description. Give me a call and I'll explain it to you, & RGee's too funny. Somebody else ask him another "hard" Bewitched trivia question?

DAN D.
11-29-2006, 04:40 PM
thats why I said... thats the way the cookie crumbles. WJ good grief brings to mind another favorite the Good Grief Charlie Brown Christmas.. Ralph reminds me of Linus in some sort of a way, maybe its the tool box he brings with him when he goes on jobs that reminds me of Linus and his blanket? Ralph when you said ask RGEE another "HARD" question did you men difficult question? I find it difficult to understand that a sentence with words in the form of a question can be hard?? opposite of soft ..?? Like when people tell me I have a hard head on my shoulders.. I know it is not soft.. anyways pitbull rhymes with trucker? and begin wih a F and ends with a R.. and it is not feather Funny Fender?? nope does not rhyme with trucker.. ahh i got it like the movie meet the flockers FLOCKER must be it FUNNY FLOCKER

RGeeProductions
11-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I'll ask the questions!!!!
There were 2 different Darrin Stevens....WHY???????

WJ, I do believe this thread has gone off topic and some are posting things that don't even make sense.......Nice to see what some are REALLY made of, hahahahaha......

pitbull113
11-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Dick York is best known as the first actor to play Darrin Stephens in the 1960s sitcom Bewitched. The show was a huge success and York was nominated for an Emmy in 1968, but a debilitating back injury he had suffered on the set of They Came to Cordura caused him increasing pain, and led to his addiction to painkillers. During the fifth season on the sitcom, he collapsed on the Bewitched set and was rushed to the hospital. From his hospital bed he resigned from the show to devote himself to recovery. For the 1969-70 season, he was replaced in the TV series by actor Dick Sargent, who held the role until the series ended in 1972.

pitbull113
11-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Okay I have one. The Stephens' home was also used as the home of someone on another show about a pretty blond with magical powers.

rockandrollcafe
11-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Would that be major anthony nelsons house? I hope they dont move this to a I dream of Jeannie thread.

LongIslandJam
11-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Don't worry Ralph,

If they start moving the topic to I Dream of a Jeanie, i'm just going to retitle the thread, "favorite magical people of the 60's, what racer's do in the offseason" LOL

pitbull113
11-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Would that be major anthony nelsons house? Nope. :help:

W. J.
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Don't worry Ralph,

If they start moving the topic to I Dream of a Jeanie, i'm just going to retitle the thread, "favorite magical people of the 60's, what racer's do in the offseason" LOL
I just changed the title to something broad-based and appropriate, lol!!! :lol:

CIN
11-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Well good... not magical but from the 60's my favorite....
Captain James T. Kirk and the Starship Enterprize....

Then we always have the movies: "Heidi" which interrupted the Jets game...anyone remember that one.... :mad:

Hope the rules come out soon so we get back to talking racing... :lol:
We must all be really bored. :)

LongIslandJam
11-30-2006, 07:18 AM
My favorite: The Twilight Zone... Sometimes I feel like I live it too LOL.

RGeeProductions
11-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Mine actually was, 'Wild, Wild West'....

allhailunc
11-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Damn if this aint getting to sound like Peyton Place :p

DAN D.
11-30-2006, 10:02 AM
wasn't that on after general hosital..? that was with the blonde Allison MacKenzie.. I forgot the other actors/actresses. There was a Peyton courthouse I remember .

JA, remember the episode where the guy that plays the Penguin on Batman was the world's strongest man?? Then he has the big show and he looses his powers that the Martians take away from him? I think it was Burgess Meredith.

pitbull113
11-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Okay I have one. The Stephens' home was also used as the home of someone on another show about a pretty blond with magical powers. Okay I can tell that you're all on pins and needles waiting for the answer, it was Dr.Bellows' house that was the same as the Stephens'.

DAN D.
11-30-2006, 01:48 PM
who was the actor that played dr bellows.. here is a excerpt of dr bellows journal i found online remember this one jeannie turned healy into a poodle.

"Captain Nelson clearly exhibited psychological regression when I found him in a full-fledged conversation with NASA's poodle. In the hopes of preventing a compulsive attachment to the animal, I informed Nelson that the poodle would be sent on a test mission to orbit the earth. Later, however, Nelson demanded that the dog was actually Captain Healey. I was shocked by this random and strange assertion, and believe that Nelson may be unfit for the rigorous training required of our base."

rockandrollcafe
11-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Dan-
Dark Shadows was on after General Hospital.

DAN D.
11-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Barnabus Collins, the Vampire, there was the afterschool special on always, also a kids show.. then of course, zoom-zoom-zoom, channel 13 and Batman, Gilligan's Island, The Gong Show.

W. J.
11-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Dan, you need to take the TV out of your shop and get some work done!!!

LOL. :lol:

CIN
11-30-2006, 10:12 PM
How about we go back a little farther
who remembers:

Officer Joe Bolton and the Three Stooges
The Little Rascals - actually on TV
The Original Superman

Back to the 60's:
Hey Hey We're The Monkeys....ooooo that Davey Jones :p

RGeeProductions
11-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Officer Joe Bolton........Sunday mornings on 11!!!
Chiller Theatre
Bowery Boys
Sonny Fox n Wonderama
HA!!!

CIN
11-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Oh boy are we showing our age or what... :lol:

Romper Room

I Love Lucy

pitbull113
12-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Probably the 70s but I miss Abbott and Costello on Sunday mornings. And we can't forget The Munsters, with those cool a$$ hotrods they drove. :drool:

rockandrollcafe
12-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey Cin-
My buddy, that paints my car, is the one who created the Monkees Logo, which was the word Monkees in the shape of a guitar. He now does all the Peanuts work for the Shultz family.

P.S. Dan- thats the Charles Schultz family, not Schultz from Hogan's Hero's.

DAN D.
12-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Man, you read my mind... I guess minds think alike. Is Schultz the one that said you stupid dumbkoff??

PITBULL ..who's on first? Anyway? Or is he in the centerfield ?

rockandrollcafe
12-01-2006, 02:38 PM
No Dan- Sgt Schultz's catch phrase was, "I see nothing!!!!"

pitbull113
12-01-2006, 03:07 PM
No Dan- Sgt Schultz,s catch phrase was "I see nothing!!!!" I thought that was Stevie Wonder :D

RGeeProductions
12-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Thought he said "I know nothing"
and
"I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing!"

DAN D.
12-02-2006, 08:19 AM
who said you stupid dumbkoff then...?
who said very interesting but...Stupid!??

W. J.
12-02-2006, 11:25 AM
who said, "very interesting but...Stupid!" ?
Artie Johnson as the Nazi on "Laugh-In".

DAN D.
12-04-2006, 10:46 AM
He was the guy that rode his tricycle with a yellow raincoat? and ruth buzzy use to hit him with ??? and knock him off the tricycle.. Good ole Goldie Hahn? was a youngster then

W. J.
12-04-2006, 10:57 AM
That's the guy!

IDRIVEALARGECAR
12-04-2006, 11:28 AM
You don't see it on TV much anymore, but Hogan's Heroes was my favorite show.
Joey C.

Tower Man
12-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Ah yes. Wonderama was so cool. Winning prizes and stuff. The original Superman. I never understood why there were two different Lois Lanes.

How about Captain Kangaroo. I went to H.S with his daughter.

But my favorite...Wide World of Sports on Saturday afternoons. Was the only show to televise Winston Cup, Demos and Figure 8's.

rockandrollcafe
12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
I remember going to Islip Speedway to see the stuntdriver drive the car through a wall of blue ice filled with dynamite. It was on Wide World of Sports.

W. J.
12-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Uh..., lol..., but isn't 'blue ice' what falls off of planes (from their lavatories)??? I guess it was different then, LOL!!! :lol:

DAN D.
12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Ralph Like I said I am Polish...please, please your losing me...slow down ..I thought this was about favorite 60's tv shows? what does this statement mean? Ralph writes.
I remember going to Islip Speedway to see the stuntdriver drive the car through a wall of blue ice filled with dynamite. It was on Wide World of Sports.
Ahh, I get it. It was supposed to be in the stunt driver show section....?? of the Jam..I guess maybe I don't feel that Polish right now!!.. Oh No, Now I feel Polish again.. maybe you meant your favorite 60's tv show was .. Wide World of Sports?

Wonderama was great Tower man.. does anyone here have an aadvark? was that on that show Wonderama? Every time I think about Wonderama, I think of that song ... Winchester Cathedral... wonder why? Ahhh ,I SEE I am Polish... LOL got to go to the jokes thread now and post another adult rhyme.

Tower Man
12-13-2006, 01:09 PM
I do not recall the aardvark (?). But yes, Wonderama was the best. Oh and that song. I remember when Sonny Fox left the show and they had a big cake and introduced Bob MacCalister.

Then there was Lost In Space, (like some of us here). That was so far fetched.

I've been watching Time Tunnel on Saturday mornings, I think on channel 140. That's how I learned history.

I always wanted to be in Theodore Clever's family. And that house they lived in was also the house of Marcus Welby M.D.

But Dan, the stunt show thing was a 60's staple on Wide World of Sports, which I might add was on right before the Pro Bowler's Tour, which was a favorite show of Fig8-310.

rabbid1
12-14-2006, 07:15 PM
How about Get Smart? By the way, it was Hayden Rorque that played Dr Bellows on 'I Dream of Jeannie'.

allhailunc
12-15-2006, 05:31 AM
Well, if you all can remember the 60's TV, that's great. For those that can't, you can look that up in your "Funk 'n Wagnalls". On the Sandy Becker show, who can remember the DJ "Hambone" with those awesome coke bottle glasses. Or the original music video show (can't remember the name) that was on channel 11 on Saturday nights (that's where I got introduced to my theme song "they're coming to take me away haha :lol: ). Or how about some of those great cartoons like Magilla Gorilla, The Grape Ape, Top Cat-just to name a few. :applause:

Tower Man
12-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Hanna-Barbera had the best cartoons. My favorite was Wally Gator. How about Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy? And who didn't watch Romper Room? Come on, admit it. And when they said your name through the "magic mirror', you really thought they saw you.

DAN D.
12-26-2006, 11:19 PM
I came across this a while ago after RGee and I conversed about Romper Room. Here is are 2 pictures to bring back memories.