PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

Dwight Clock
11-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I wonder what has become of the following former Islip personalities. Charlie Seibert, Bob Taylor, Whitey Voelker, Bobby Lane, Kevin Keillor, Alan Harbach, Billy Auer, Butch LaFrance, and Joe Konopka. Any info would be appreciated.

randomrodder
11-30-2006, 12:04 AM
I wonder what has become of the following former Islip personalities. Charlie Seibert, Bob Taylor, Whitey Voelker, Bobby Lane, Kevin Keillor, Alan Harbach, Billy Auer, Butch LaFrance, and Joe Konopka. Any info would be appreciated.
Bobby Lane passed away guite a few years ago of heart failure. I'd say at the very least, 15 years ago. Last I spoke to his son Richie he was in Texas and that was quite a while ago, also.

I've been asking about Alan at the last couple of Old Timer's Meets and I hear he's around here or there, but nothing concrete. I'd like to sit down with him and rehash some times with his Dad, Freddie.

Dwight Clock
11-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Sorry to hear about Bobby Lane. He was a terrific racer. Thanks for the info.

randomrodder
11-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry to hear about Bobby Lane. He was a terrific racer. Thanks for the info.
That's ok, I don't get on here often but do check in once a week or so. Bullfather is my son and he was rasied at Islip and then Riverhead. I pretty much gave up on the mods after Evans then Charlie J left us. Everyone pretty much started running Troyer cars and it lost it's appeal for my wife and I. Things just weren't the same without the old family track known as Islip Speedway.
I have been enjoying your posts though. Good job, keep em coming.

Dwight Clock
11-30-2006, 08:56 PM
That's ok, I don't get on here often but do check in once a week or so. Bullfather is my son and he was rasied at Islip and then Riverhead. I pretty much gave up on the mods after Evans then Charlie J left us. Everyone pretty much started running Troyer cars and it lost it's appeal for my wife and I. Things just weren't the same without the old family track known as Islip Speedway.
I have been enjoying your posts though. Good job, keep em coming.Thank you. Your reasons for not attending sound very much like my own when I left to work with URC sprints in 1983.