PDA

View Full Version : Car Stunts

rockandrollcafe
11-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I have been pondering the idea of putting together a stunt show. If anyone remembers any of the stunts they have seen over the years- please remind me and give me a description. Also if there is anyone that actually knows how to do them, has past experience or is interested in participating, let me know. Rockandrollcafe@aol.com

W. J.
11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
The last car stunt I remember is some guy raffling off his Charger car :lol: ... but I also remember seeing shows years ago where the cars rode on two wheels, jumped ramps over other cars passing underneath, and junkers going up ramps to crash into cars sitting below. Hope that helps, just don't include the raffle stunt...LOL! :lol:

Wheel Racing
11-30-2006, 04:39 PM
I do an amazing guardrail slide!Just amagine if you will a skateboarder riding a rail, but I usually use my tow vehicle and trailer.No extra charge for the racecar coming off the trailer either.Maybe I will attempt the 5 point "full roll" next time.

The Bullfather
11-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey Neal, heard the new commercial with Tony Hawk in Jeep was inspried by you. 2 skateboards ride a hand rail down a bunch of steps, then a green Jeep does the same thing, but Tony Hawk is driving it. The kids say something in words of :Show off!

randomrodder
11-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Years ago it was the Joey Chitwood Dare Devils and some other shows. For a while they even ran new cars off showroom floors from sponsoring dealers, mostly Chevrolets. Stunt driving started back in the late 20s or so and were popular up through the 80s. I haven't heard much about them since then but I would think there would still be one stunt show promoter around.

SpeedyMS
11-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I'd think it would be a good idea to have a drifting expo done.

allhailunc
12-01-2006, 05:27 AM
How true there, WJ. Methinks Jones was one of the few that actually went into it (just what we would have needed to bring home :lol: ). As for thrill shows, the Joie Chitwood was great-just don't bring back Big Fat Paul from Montreal, that show was as boring as whale chit. :lol:

art11758
12-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Among the Chitwood stunts I recall: the slide for life, Motorcycle rider and or automobile thru wall of fire or ice,two wheel exhibition driving,precision driving, and certain orchestrated crashes. One of those was called the Tbone and when finished, three cars formed an upside down capitol T. The other touring show I recall was at Freeport they used to book in the Jack _________'s hell drivers.
I don't ever remember seeing any of those shows though. I may still have a Chitwood program in the "archives" and if I have time I will hunt for it. No promises though..........

valin187
12-01-2006, 10:22 AM
I do an amazing guardrail slide!Just amagine if you will a skateboarder riding a rail, but I usually use my tow vehicle and trailer.No extra charge for the racecar coming off the trailer either.Matbe I will attempt the 5 point "full roll" next time.

Neal if your gonna try to do that, lets make sure I'm not in the truck this time. I had enough excitement last year.

Teds Race Tours
12-01-2006, 12:22 PM
We could try and Jump a Bus over a Motorcycle.

Scotty Wolf
12-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Art.......the "Hurricane Hell Drivers".

rockandrollcafe
12-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Scotty- I think Art was talking about the Jack Koch or Kotchman hell drivers.
And Hampton- if you sponsor the bus, I'll get the motorcycle.

DAN D.
12-01-2006, 05:38 PM
I remember seeing them at the Danbury Fair Racearena in Connecticut. That was a pretty big track back then. I remember seeing them on the island also, using 1974-77 Camaro's. They used to run around on the two right side wheels and they had a level gauge on the inside that they had to gauge when they were going off the line.. didn't we have a similar 2 car modified slide and spin in turn three a few years back ...it looked like a stunt show the way the mods did a 180 degree slide perfectley aligned and stopped at the same time.
Have fun Ralph
I remember that stunt about raffling off a charger car for $20.00 a ticket... I guess that was about principles, not a stunt. A man of his word I would say and that definitley goes down in history.

RGeeProductions
12-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I was just wondering, if this all pans out, where the Stunt Show would be?

rockandrollcafe
12-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I'd like to give Riverhead 1st shot- we would need a home track to practice and in return, that track would have to benefit.
Come on drivers with skills- let's hear from you.

Gravel
12-01-2006, 10:11 PM
T-bone crash, The dive bomber crash were 2 that comes to mind. I'd do it.

rockandrollcafe
12-09-2006, 12:30 AM
I want to keep this thread alive. I'm getting some positive e-mails. This project is in the planning stages, so if any of you race fans, drivers or crewmembers can spare some suggestions, information, ideas or whatever- it will be greatly appreciated. We're in need drivers, mechanics and so on.