PDA

View Full Version : I need your help, Christmas!

The Bullfather
11-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Dec 8th, I will being have a show at The Wave in Patchogue. Like last year the show was all unplugged artists. We walked away with 180 toys from the show. All the toys go to Lighthouse Mission located in Patchogue. The toys go to kids in need and they are all in our areas of Suffolk county. Last year Lighthouse needed a total of 10,000 toys. I'm asking and reaching out to our community to come a help out.

If anyone can bring a new unwrapped toy or toys on Dec 8th between the hours of 7-11 pm I would greatly appreicate it. This year artists include Washing D.C.'s Andy Zipf who is all over XM radio, he has a website andyzipf.com. Other artists are local solo acts or bands doing unplugged sets.

Even if you can not stay for the music, please help out and drop off a toy or two or more! If you can not get a toy in time, you can also drop off money that will go towards toys. Last year were able to get $600 dollars to add to the toys from Oasis Christian Ministries who own The Wave. I am the head cordinator for shows at The Wave. We were really blessed to be able to bless others during the holidays.

Just knowing that there are children who have nothing to recieve and open a gift on the holidays is very depressing. But to know you can do something about, to know that on Christmas morning when your spending time with your family, sharing gifts, that somewhere some kid will be able open a present to play with. I can not go on thinking that some kid is unfortunate because of their living situtation. They are not reponsible to be in the situtation they are in, so we can do something about.

Dec 8th come to The Wave and bring a new unwrapped toy.

The Wave is located on Main Street in Patchogue.

Directions:
rte 112 south to Mountauk Highway, turn left unto Mountauk. About half mile on right hand side is The Wave. We are next to Goodyear and Boca Tanning. If you pass North Fork Bank, you went to far. Parking is behind North Fork and The Wave.

The Bullfather
12-01-2006, 06:19 PM
This really isn't banter, it so much more! I'd like to get a response from our community to see who will be able to bring toys down for the night. I hope this doesn't go unnoticed, it'd be a waste. I've heard nothing but good response from the people I've talked with during the off season. I hope and pray people are able to follow through with it. If you are able, please respond to this, if we can even get people to get other friends and family to donate new unwrapped toys, it would be great.

Let's make a huge difference this holiday season! Calling all friends from the track to come together, if they are just able to stop for a few mins. to drop off toys.

BBWIFE
12-02-2006, 09:45 PM
hey Bullfather...tried to PM ya, but your mailbox is full...time clean house man! :)

The Bullfather
12-03-2006, 09:06 AM
ok cleared, sorry for inconvience.

BBWIFE
12-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Ok, PM sent....no inconvenience here..... :cheers:

pinkswifee
12-03-2006, 05:22 PM
it's nice to see people still caring here in ny bullfather helping here its a great thing so lets go people we are always here to lend a helping hand during the racing season now there are kids /family that need help at this time of season so lets all step up

randomrodder
12-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah, what Pete said. I know he's digging deep and so is his Mom which means, I'm along for the ride too. Putting a smile on a child's face and their parents face when they see that child open a gift is something that is in your power to do............or not do. You will never know who that child might be, thankfully it is not yours or mine.
Life is a gift so why not give a little of it back. :wave:

The Bullfather
12-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Ok guys, been getting some responses, thanks so far. I hope to get some more, pm me or just leave a message here.

The night should be great with some really good artists playing that night. I'm really excited for this night and looking foward to hearing some good bands do some different stuff from what they are used too. Some solo artists will be playing and then 2 full bands playing unplugged and rounding out the night Andy Zipf from D.C. Scine Christmas is around the corner and this show is a toy drive, expect some christmas songs. Maybe we can even get a couple of Mr. Scrooges here to smile for the holidays hahahaha ;)

Bring out the toys! New and unwrapped.

The Bullfather
12-08-2006, 11:38 AM
TONIGHT!!! TOY DRIVE, BE THERE!!! :) :drool: :) ;) :) :-B :D :cool: