PDA

View Full Version : Protest fee

VNYLGRFX
11-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Big bucks for the protest fee rules if you want to see deep inside the engine.. let's see who digs deep into their pocket in '07? ;)

Tracy87BB
12-01-2006, 11:15 PM
All I can say is...WOW!
I actually had looked through the rules yesterday, but I skipped over that page because I was looking more to see if there were any technical changes. I had to go back and look again after reading this post. There really haven't been too many protests in the division to begin with, but it will be interesting to see if anyone thinks they're sure enough of something to take that much of a gamble...you'd be lucky if you made enough money over the course of the entire season to cover the cost of a protest of that nature.

Wheel Racing
12-02-2006, 09:39 AM
I think the change has more to do with "harrassing" type protests. There have been rumors/instances that teams want to protest others lower end, just to make them do the work and then put it back together in time for next week. "Will it ever be the same" once it comes apart, etc. I just hope this doesn't encourage others to stretch the limits on what they put in their motors now. I believe the track still has the right to pull anything apart without a protest, if they feel someone needs to be looked at. Time will tell.

Tracy87BB
12-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Wheel, I completely understand what you are saying. I would hope that the last line of the rules (ALL FINAL DECISIONS ARE MADE BY THE TRACK OFFICIAL IN CHARGE!!!) will be enough to keep people from trying to "stretch the limits," since it is ultimately up to the track officials to check anything that they feel may be questionable, without a protest having to be made.

Tower Man
12-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Yes the "Official in Charge" can look at anything without someone protesting. Just ask Mike Musjce.

From my past experience, protests happened because one party was ticked at another and just wanted to break shoes. I never liked protest. So I am in favor of a protest rule that makes you dig deep and think twice.

The officials have more important things to do with regards to safety than get in the middle of two knuckleheads who want to break shoes.

Hey, let's save some time. My daughter's car is apart. Come peek now. And I have to thank Chris for getting the bends out. Particularly the original bend that Mike Fields advised me of at Waterford this past summer.

Tracy87BB
12-08-2006, 07:35 AM
:disgusted You know, Tower Man, if people spent even a quarter of the time questioning the legitimacy of things that they're told, rather than blindly jumping on the bandwagon to spread gossip, they might be surprised at the truths (and untruths) they actually find. :disgusted

A wise friend told me: "Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." How right he is...

Tower Man
12-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Ain't that the truth.

Gravel
12-09-2006, 04:33 PM
A big AMEN to that, Tracy.

outlawfab
12-10-2006, 07:50 AM
At least the $ amount is high enough to pay for the re-assemble after the protest.

Ace
12-18-2006, 08:51 PM
What is the new $ amount?

Tracy87BB
12-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Protest fee - $150 + $50 inspectors' fee
Internal engine protest - $600 + $150 inspectors' fee
Crank protest - $750 + $250 inspectors' fee

Ace
12-18-2006, 09:37 PM
WOW is right Tracy. Thanks for the info.