PDA

View Full Version : Speeding car chase

DAN D.
12-02-2006, 10:43 AM
This was sent to me by Les Ley's (Harry Dominic) grandson Mike Serrone

Car Chase
One of Arkansas's finest senior citizens went down to his local Chevy dealer and bought a brand new Corvette convertible. Heading off the car lot and down the road, he floored it and enjoyed the wind blowing through what little white hair he had left. "This is great," he thought as he roared down I-40.

Then he looked in his rear view mirror and saw an Arkansas State Highway Patrol Trooper behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. "I can get away from him with no problem," thought the man as he stood on the gas pedal -- 80, 120, 150, 180 mph. Then he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this kind of thing."

He pulled over to the side of I-40 and waited for the trooper to catch up with him. The trooper pulled in behind the Corvette and walked up to the car. "Sir," he said, looking at his watch, "my shift ends in 30 minutes and today is Friday. If you can give me a reason why you were speeding, one I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The man looked at him and said "Fifteen years ago my wife ran off with an Arkansas State Trooper and I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day, sir," the trooper said.