PDA

View Full Version : Thanks GENO

winky417
12-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Something I noticed... 2 banquets and hardly a thank you. :mad: This is a man who, besides announcing regular Mountain events, also announces NEETS events, does all the victory lane interviews, stays up late after all races writing press releases, Mountain Madness, news articles about drivers,etc., etc., etc.... just because he loves to do it. And didn't even get a plaque or a Thank You.
Well, here is one from us... Thunder Ridge Racing/Maddawg Motorsports.
Thank You Geno for a job well done !! :cheers:

LongIslandJam
12-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Indeed!

Geno's the man!

Bobby Pease
12-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Holy cow.... wink you hit it on the head!! This man puts in more time than we can Imagine... A BIG thanks!! goes out to you GENO!!! :cheers:
thanks for your time!!
Bobby Pease

EnduroFromDE
12-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Yes, Congrats and thanks for all your work you've done with Mountain and NEETS. Are you going to be following NEETS, and announcing at Mountain Speedway? I've have not YET had the experience to be interviewed by you, but my racing days are not done either.

CIN
12-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Yes thank you Geno. It was great seeing you last night and wonderful meeting your wife. Much luck and happiness in all that you do.
CIN

NJ Chick
12-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Geno has done so much for both Mountain and NEETS events. He always puts everyone else into the spotlight while keeping a low profile for himself. He certainly deserves recognition for all of the hard work he's done, although he will be modest and probably embarrassed by it...but he'll just have to get over it! :p Thank you Geno, you are the best! Here's to you! :cheers:

W. J.
12-03-2006, 01:06 PM
I've watched him work, up close, and just for running up and down those stairs he deserves a big thanks (not to mention knowing first hand what it's like staying up late to do those press releases after a race). Add in all the other things he does, and you have one heck of a great person. One of the unsung, but tireless, people who make racing worthwhile. A BIG THANKS from this admirer for all you've done. :cheers:

Geno
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
WOW! Last night we stayed at my in-laws after the banquet. I got home tonight and saw this! THANK YOU & you’re welcome! I love racing and do what I do because of that. A piece of hardware is nothing compared to all of your kind compliments! :p

I’m sure many of you know, but I will not be back as the NEETS announcer/PR person next season. I let Billy know that night after the Mutha race. The decision was difficult, but I think that it is time to spend more time with my young family around the holidays (especially since I’m typically off from my actual job). This was weeks before Billy announced his split with Mountain & my leaving NEETS is not related with that.

Again, thanks for everything. The past four years have been great! :wave: :cool: :cheers:

Sac-Man
12-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Thank you Geno, you're a great guy! :)

enduroracer131
12-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Thanks Geno, you did a great job. :applause:

richardpetey
12-04-2006, 06:50 PM
To the "Clark Kent" of the announcers booth................. :cool:
To the hardest working PR man mountain speedway EVER had.............. :applause:
But most importantly..........a GOOD friend.................. :D
UNCLE PETEY........................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

17Racer
12-07-2006, 10:29 AM
yeah great job geno, keep up the good work

winky417
12-07-2006, 07:57 PM
My original post wasn't right. Geno was thanked for his services at the NEETS banquet and wished good luck. I just think he should have recieved an award or plaque in recognition of his outstanding work.
Once again, Great Job Geno---You the man!!!

461_SS
12-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Geno you are the man! Keep up the outstanding job! Can't wait 2 see you next year at the races!