RGeeProductions
12-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Inter League: Cowboys Whomp Butt

debbie33
12-03-2006, 11:51 AM
COWBOYS :applause:All Day!

The Bullfather
12-03-2006, 02:01 PM
After last week debacle you would think the Giants hung in the towel, I almost felt like hanging up the towel for them! But we always rise when we play the Boys. This game is do or die for the Giants, they have much more to play for today then the Boys. I think Gaints will be hungrier with some of defense finaly back after injuries. No way they any right to lose last weeks game..............ugh I hate thinking about it, it was disgrace!

Ace
12-03-2006, 02:28 PM
AMERICAS TEAM :applause:

pitbull113
12-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Go Colts!! :applause:

debbie33
12-03-2006, 03:03 PM
Ok, the first 'go Dallas' was Kenny, not me; so now it's my turn. Go DALLAS!!!! :applause: :applause:

W. J.
12-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Dallas 23, Giants 20. :lol:

The Bullfather
12-03-2006, 07:48 PM
A lot better then last weeks game, but there was till a bunch of players that screwed up hmmmmmmmmm 47! Can Demps cover ANYONE???? I pray Strahan is back next week and try to savalage this season. I like what I see in Kiwanuka as a rookie. He has made some bad play last two weeks but tries extremely hard. Another season under his belt, he should be a player to watch for! But someone please teach him how to hold a ball, like they taught Tiki Barber to hold a ball years ago, when he had butterfingers. If Kiwanuka would have hold onto the ball, G-men would have won. Dallas wouldn't have scored the first t-down!

W. J.
12-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Now come the excuses.....

Ace
12-03-2006, 08:17 PM
How bout 'em COWBOYS! :applause: :applause: :applause:

The Bullfather
12-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Most Cowboys fan around here, were band wagon fans from the 70's anyway! lol Or had family that were band wagon fans from the 70's.

How could any NEW YORK native like the Cowboys!!! It's like being a Dolphins fan......................from NY!!!

RGeeProductions
12-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I have been since the 70's....SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just PO'd cuz da giants lost?
The only NY team is Buffalo you know!!!!
Dispute dat!!!!

W. J.
12-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I have been since the 70's....SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just PO'd cuz da giants lost?
The only NY team is Buffalo you know!!!!
Dispute dat!!!!
Right on, RGee!!!! Those guys signed on for 99 years in the NEW JERSEY swamp, but want to capitalize on NY's name.

The Bullfather
12-03-2006, 09:05 PM
True, but Gaints did play in Yankee stadium and Jets did play at Shea..... do The Mets even want to play there? lol God worst stadium scine they tore down the Phillies old stadium and the Kingdome is no more. They need a new stadium.

I just hate band wagon fans more then anything else. I'm a die hard fan, I grew up in the 80's and the (Mattingly era)Yankees sucked, Islanders were done with their dynasty, Gaints weren't yet the team of 86', Knicks had Ewing and Oakley and no one else. Most Cowboys fans became fans during their reign, just like Steeler fans around here. But if your die hard cool with me, but I hate band wagon fans that cheer for a team when they start winning. Once they start losing, they have no interest.

To me most football fan that don't cheer for a new york team (even if they play in Jersey), they became fans of them during dynasty eras!

How many people became Dallas fans after cheerleaders? lol
Iron Curtain?
49er fans?
Dolphin fans during 22-0 season?
No one wants to be Browns fan around here! lol

W. J.
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I root for 3 football teams: Buffalo Bills (NY's ONLY Football team), and whoever is playing against the NJ Giants and NJ Jets.

Next question, LOL!

pitbull113
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
For what it's worth I've been a Colts fan for 30 years I've stuck with them through A LOT of bad seasons. I've paid my dues and deserve to be able to say 'Go Colts', and while I'm on the soapbox, the Bills are the only N.Y. football team. The Jets and Giants suck!!!!

debbie33
12-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Not a band wagon fan here!!!! Way to go Cowboys!!!!! Sorry about your loss Stanley. Don't get too many tears in your beer.

RGeeProductions
12-03-2006, 11:31 PM
True, but Gaints did play in Yankee stadium and Jets did play at Shea..... do The Mets even want to play there? lol God worst stadium scine they tore down the Phillies old stadium and the Kingdome is no more. They need a new stadium.

WHOA! Back up!!!!
AND BOTH JETS N GIANTS LEFT!!!!
I saw Jets at Shea and comment about Giants n Jets at their baseball counterparts stadiums, that was 60's. Mets, NOW, don't want to play there as it's out dated. Different times, Mets DID want to play their originally....and now they do need a new one.....and sorry Yankee fans, but they do too before it crumbles to the ground....

DriveitinDeep
12-04-2006, 11:58 AM
***** I wish the Cowboys had covered the spread!

Teds Race Tours
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM
I root for 3 football teams: Buffalo Bills (NY's ONLY Football team), and whoever is playing against the NJ Giants and NJ Jets.

Next question, LOL!

Hey, WJ, The Jets play 2 miles from NY. The Bills play 25 miles from Buffalo, so I guess by your standards, they are the Orchard Park Bills. :)

and for all you Giants fans out there, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!

The Bullfather
12-04-2006, 02:53 PM
The only one who wants a new Yankee Stadium is George lol :lol: He needs more box seats and more money to help play for players. :lol:

Ace
12-04-2006, 03:18 PM
No bandwagon fan here! Anyone who knows me can tell you that! WJ I got chuckle at the 3 teams you root for. :)

W. J.
12-04-2006, 03:24 PM
T-Bax: The Bills play in NY State, where they also pay taxes. Can you say that about either of the NJ teams you are trying to defend? :applause:

BF: George wants a new Yankee Stadium because the old one has outlived it's usefullness, much like Major League Baseball, but that's a discussion for another time. :-|

modified_fan
12-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Exit 16W of the NJ Turnpike makes those teams a much bigger part of the Metro New York scene than any so called football team in Orchard Park. Hell, let's pull for the Pats or Eagles first.

I'd love to see how much I'm saving in state taxes, with that whopping amount the Bills contribute to our state.

I've never understood the allure of devoting one's loyalties to out of town teams.

Hey........WJ.......does this mean its ok for us to be pulling for the Toyota teams in the Cup series next year?

turn1cowboy
12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
cowboys going to win it all SUPERBOWL champs go cowboys :cheers: :applause:

W. J.
12-05-2006, 08:24 PM
I'd love to see how much I'm saving in state taxes, with that whopping amount the Bills contribute to our state.

I've never understood the allure of devoting one's loyalties to out of town teams.

Hey........WJ.......does this mean its ok for us to be pulling for the Toyota teams in the Cup series next year?
How much might you save in State taxes if all of the NJ teams paid and played in NY?

Can you get anymore out of town than NJ, LOL!

Toyota teams? Cup? What is that, exactly?
Oh yeah, I remember, the people who authorized that shirt I have that says "AMERICAN THUNDER-NASCAR" are no longer supporting that theory. Root for whomever you like, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

The Bullfather
12-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Cowboys offensive line is good, but Romo showed he can be vunerable this past week with pressure. I give credit to offensive line for saving his butt quite a few times the past few weeks, they really give him an open field up the middle.

I don't think they're Superbowl champs quite yet, they still have holes on defense and how will other teams play them in the coming weeks before the playoffs, think they noticed the offensive line. Now it's just wait and see how next few games play and how other teams will be coached on defense!

Ace
12-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Cowboys offensive line is good, but Romo showed he can be vunerable this past week with pressure. I give credit to offensive line for saving his butt quite a few times the past few weeks, they really give him an open field up the middle.

Gotta keep in mind Romo has been performed incredibly by COMPLETING 70% of his passes, that's tops in the NFL! :applause: Yes, he got rattled by the Giants at times, he's learning on the job having never played in an NFL game before this year; that pass to Whitten at the end was a thing of beauty. He still completed 20 out of 34 for 257 and that's his worst game of his career. HOW BOUT 'EM COWBOYS!

The Bullfather
12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Ace, look at the holes that are left open for Romo by the offensive line!

Toughest team was the Colt two weeks ago and this past week, but I don't think he the saviour of the team that the sports world is making him.

Ace
12-05-2006, 10:51 PM
All I know is he is 5-1 as a starter, should be 6-0 if Vanderchoke makes a FG against Washington. I darn sure know they wouldn't be 5-1 in their last 6 with Bledsoe. You mention his 2 toughtest teams he played; so far he has gotten a W in those games.

The Bullfather
12-05-2006, 11:08 PM
if only if Vanderjac was still there............................ lol

debbie33
12-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I haven't been so excited to watch a Dallas game since Troy left. I think Tony has stepped up to the plate and did better than expected for a rookie. He makes Bledsoe look like a high school player to me. Go DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can actually wear my Dallas clothes out in public again without people looking at me funny like why are you wearing that losing teams stuff.

W. J.
12-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Nice to see NY's ONLY football team, the Buffalo Bills, kick the NJ Jets butts this weekend.

And for those of you arguing location, can you explain how the NJ Nets, formerly the NY Nets (when they played on the Island) have rightfully changed their team name to reflect where they play, but these two mediocre NFL teams don't, even though all 3 play within 1000 feet of each other, in the same State? (We won't even get into the NJ Devils NHL teams location)

Jones44
12-13-2006, 05:34 AM
WJ- you have a good point about the Bills, but I'd like to present a counter-point. The Giants and Jets are the closest teams (in terms of distance) to where most who read this MB live. In South Jersey, you have more fans of the 76ers/Flyers than of the Nets/Devils. Same principle.

Mortgage Guy
12-13-2006, 06:59 AM
It was nice to see Romo reduced to a human this week. Having the LB's stay in and chase him once he got out of the pocket really screwed him up. Go Giants....

W. J.
12-13-2006, 10:30 AM
WJ- you have a good point about the Bills, but I'd like to present a counter-point. The Giants and Jets are the closest teams (in terms of distance) to where most who read this MB live. In South Jersey, you have more fans of the 76ers/Flyers than of the Nets/Devils. Same principle.
I'm only making the point that they play in NJ, so they should carry the name as a team. Who roots for them is irrelevent, it's a personal choice.
BTW, rememeber that the Jets moved there after the Mets screwed them on the concession money. The Jets even wanted to move back to NY, but CaBlEViSiOn threw a block at that. I wonder whatever happened to the building they (cable) proposed for the West Side railyards??? Hmmm?

Jones44
12-14-2006, 05:39 AM
The Jets even wanted to move back to NY, but CaBlEViSiOn threw a block at that. I wonder whatever happened to the building they (cable) proposed for the West Side railyards??? Hmmm?

That pretty much fell apart after the Olympics bid fell through. I suppose the hundreds of million$ that the Jets and the Olympics would have brought individually wasn't enough for the powers-that-be to build the stadium. But wait, the Mets and Yankees are both building new stadiums.......

Ace
12-16-2006, 11:15 PM
It was nice to see Romo bounce back with an impressive road victory over Atlanta completing 22 out of 29 for 76%. 11 out 14 in the 2nd half nice job 'Boys. :applause:

debbie33
12-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Stanley I enjoyed watching Dallas beat another team tonight with you. I am sorry that you thought that Atlanta had enough to win tonights game. So I wish the Giants luck tomorrow against Phillie. If they lose please don't call me. But if they do lose you know I will call you. Love you Buddy!!!!!

DAN D.
12-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Giants and San Francisco go together Giants and New York are a oxymoron.
LOLOLOLOLO
Dan D = Mets, Jets, Islanders

go cowboys.. even if they loose

allhailunc
12-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Yo egghead, I think the Jets are in the same boat as the Giants :p. We only have 1 NY football team. After this season, they're gonna bury the Giants on the 5 yard line, and the Jets on the 15, so they are sandwiching Jimmy Hoffa on the 10.

DAN D.
12-17-2006, 12:05 PM
BUT THE JETS PRACTICE AT HOFSTRA???
Anyway, there is a deli called Pantano's in the Five Towns and in Merrick, and now I know where they get the name of the sandwich, JIMMY HOFFA; from you! You gave them the name, when you said sandwiching Jimmy Hoffa @ the 10 yard line.

ps: It depends on which way the wind blows in order for me to pick a favorite sports team.. meaning I am fair weather sports fan and do not have ANY knowledge of who is who, and who is where in standings.. I am just a Long Island Boy who roots for the METS, JETS, & ISLANDERS wherever they are and no matter how good or bad they are doing.. ok EGG HEAD ..LOL

W. J.
12-17-2006, 01:53 PM
I think you need to spend more time reading the newspaper, Dan. The NJ Jets USED to practice at Hofstra, but they are no longer going to, moving to a practice field in their home state, NJ. :-|

debbie33
12-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Sorry Stanley that your team lost again. So why don't you come on over to the other side and just become a Dallas fan. All of your friends are Dallas fans so just go with the flow. GO DALLAS!!!!!

shifter4580
12-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Well let's see what happens tonight? Win and they might get to join the dance. For how long, I don't know???

W. J.
12-31-2006, 07:34 AM
Hard as they tried to lose in the second half, they held on to win. Now we can look forward to them being eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs, when they meet a better team, which all the others are, LOL!