PDA

View Full Version : The Real Deal................

richardpetey
12-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't know why everybody is acting like nothing happened, NEETS was forced out of Mountain because of somebodies "need for greed"................. :disgusted
Three years ago, "the NEETS races financially saved the track"........................ :rolleyes:
This year, somebody's losing money! This after we were charged, a number of times, for transponders that didn't work, and paid more to get in the back gate than the regular Saturday night shows................ :confused:
After "greed" forced Billy B. out of the picture, low and behold, Mountain Speedway is running their own enduros............................. :mad:
What's next? I'll tell ya............If the "grinch" doesn't see enough cars in the next enduro..........the purse will be altered and you won't even see that $600 purse.................................... :help:
Don't get me wrong, I like racing any enduro, anywhere, especially at Mountain, but how can I respectfully show up for this one......................... :(
UNCLE PETEY.................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

pitbull113
12-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Fool me once, shame on you...Fool me twice, shame on me.. This is one racer that will not be back to Mt.Speedway...I'll wait til Billy gets a new place to race at; it won't be long.

MAMANEETS
12-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm throwing you a kiss through the internet--but will wait for a hug until the real deal "Beaters with Heaters" day.

I also send you :applause: for telling it like it is, pulling no punches, and putting a :) on my face.

MAMA

unowho243
12-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Why doesn't NEETS come to Riverhead this summer?

pitbull113
12-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Why doesnt NEETS come to Riverhead this summer? Probably because Riverhead already runs enduros.

woot lawrence
12-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Just let us know where NEETS is going next so we can get ready for the trip. :)

tstiles
12-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Just name the venue

rcp_ny
12-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Uncle Petey, thanks for posting your perspective. It's about what I figured, but it's good to hear it from someone with their "finger on the pulse" (and I also applaud Billy for not wanting to air it himself). After all, even a casual observer (me) can see who cares about what goes on (Billy) vs. who's just there to collect money and protect his interests. (Not that there's anything wrong with protecting one's own interests per se, but when that's all one seems to care about, that's a problem.)

Besides, I just got my new car 2 weeks ago (as you know from PMs), and it's got rub rails that need some rubbin'! No way I'm cutting those off! :)

On paper it might seem smarter for me, someone who is (so far!) not very competitive in NEETS, to run the Fleabite 100 instead since it's supposed to be so bony and stocky. But I'd much rather know that I'm not going to be jerked around and will be able to have fun, and worry about my competitiveness later.

Erin C
12-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Wow, Petey...I thought this thread would get more attention than the one that I started...but it turns out I was wrong. I guess I should expect the unexpected...I never meant to cause a commotion. I just wanted to tell others how much I love the series and I would hate to see others leave...maybe I should make a detour sign to this thread. :lol:

ladydriver
12-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Well, after talking to Joe Cutri tonight, I have come to realize what's going on, and Petey is probably more right than he is wrong!! I myself offered to help out at Mountain in the past, and well, after a call to Joe Callavini, he painted a whole other story. Well, at this point I think we are going to stay away from it all and as far as I am concerned I posted what I thought on the Mountain site under Joe Cutri`s stepping down post!!! Good luck to all.

29*

pitbull113
12-05-2006, 10:49 PM
It's us against them, and us is getting stronger by the minute. :applause:

Mike Fields
12-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Gee, look what I started at the end of 2004!

461_SS
12-06-2006, 06:45 PM
You will never find out the truth of what really happened. You can only assume what happened, but than it all depends on who you like. Personally I'm neutral and will not take sides. Just what I think.

richardpetey
12-06-2006, 08:13 PM
You're probably right! The smart peeps are sitting back laughing and watching this whole fiasco to see what happens next........................ :help:
Tune in next post and read as " The Mountain turns"................... :confused:

W. J.
12-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Tune in next post and read as " The Mountain turns"................... :confused:
You've certainly got that right!!!

ghertzog
12-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Episode # 06340 find the crew of the U.S.S. Mountain all onboard and making final preparations to get under way. Captain Joe and First Officer Mike are on the bridge, surveying an empty pier.

Has the good ship Mountain set sail like the Titanic out of Southampton, England? Will Joe turn around the turn around? Or will he avoid impending disaster?

Has the NEETS iceburg punched too big a hole in the hull? Will Mike be able to plug the leaks and right the ship?

These questions and more will be answered... As the Mountain Turns

No future episodes are planned for this soap opera. From now on, it's live 24x7 reality at it's finest. The entertainment meter has red lined.

Erin C
12-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Here...you needed a live studio audience!!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

ladydriver
12-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I'll bet the ship is going to sink and that the Neets iceburg has punched too big of a hole!!

richardpetey
12-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey Greg! I think you have a future in the soap box racing business, hehe..................... :applause:
Maybe, they should let you write the next episode.................. :rolleyes:
I'll bet it will have a happy ending.................... :D
UNCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

ladydriver
12-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, I got it again. Oh well, it was good while it lasted!!!

ghertzog
12-06-2006, 09:33 PM
As they fade to a new Geico commerical, Joe can be heard saying "Mike, before we left the dock I told you to lash the boats, not dash their hopes. This isn't good."

ladydriver
12-06-2006, 09:38 PM
That is priceless Greg. I have to be careful, got warned, so I am going to be good (creative) from now on!!!! That deserves a round of applause!!!!

ghertzog
12-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Unc... this was nothing I saw coming (from the outside looking in), and has gone from point A to point B faster then John Force's pass down the asphalt isle for championship #14.

Thanks Sue, or Rick... I never know... :cheers:

W. J.
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
We may need to turn this soap off; it's past the kids bedtime. Let's just be careful where we go and how we get there. Nuff said.

WEEZER
12-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Doesn't Mahoning Valley run enduro's? We raced in one 5 years ago there, even though it's a weird track.

Erin C
12-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Did I miss something or was that a COMPLETE change of topic?!?! :help: :help:

Sorry but that blew my mind and made me have to pee at the same time (from laughing that is)...

I'm not being mean, I just was not expecting that...but that could have just been me missing something. If you saw my reaction you probably would have understood. :-B

James White
12-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I am with 461 SS, No sides here :-| No matter what racing is racing and that's what we need to focus on, not the hoopla. What will everybody say when things were to go back to where they were 3 months ago?LOL :lol: :lol:
Hopefully we can all run at all tracks, without being trashed for it.
Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY FROM THE BUSY BEES.