PDA

View Full Version : 2006 season comes to a close...

BlingxBling
12-11-2006, 12:54 AM
The season officially closed as Mahoning Valley Speedway held their awards banquet Saturday evening at the Jim Thorpe Memorial Hall. Conversations roared amongst the crowd as they enjoyed the open bar during the cocktail hour.

As everyone had arrived and dinner was near, Lorin Arthofer offered a prayer before the meal was served. While the meal was served, conversations decreased and the only sounds to be heard were the sounds of silverware making contact with the dinnerware, amongst the mellow music playing in the background. While everyone was finishing up, Dino Oberto took over the microphone to begin the delivery of the awards. Those within the top 15 in points were awarded a plaque or a trophy and were called to the front of the hall, one at a time. The champions provided us with their thank yous, most short and sweet. Justin "Chub" Steigerwalt wanted to make sure he didn't forget anyone. The 2006 Factory Stock champion came prepared with everything written down. As the evening carried on, the remainder of the awards were given out to the rookie of the year, most improved driver, best appearing car, sportsmanship, and fastest time in each division. While one award remained to be given out, Doug Hoffman had stepped forward to offer congratulations, thank yous, and an insight for 2007. Excited to talk about the Super 7 Modified series, he filled us in on 5-100 lap Modified events and 2 RoC events that will be scheduled during the 2007 season. He had also indicated all divisions will be returning. He wrapped up by re-opening the bar and beginning the celebration for a fantastic year. Before Dino would hang the microphone up for the evening, Mark Deysher was named the Street Stock Survivor winner.

The music had started while mixed drink orders were being completed and pitchers of beer were being refilled. Promoter Gena Hoffman brought her dancing shoes, as she and her daughter, Skye, had joined the crowd on the dance floor to the infamous Electric Slide and Macarena. As the night was winding down, the dance floor had seen dancers dancing to Hip Hop, Country, Rock, Love songs, and even a Congo line that eventually was lead by the 2006 Modified Rookie of the year, Paul Skodacek. While he was not the only one found on the dance floor. Todd Stehle, Paul Koehler, and a very happy Joey Mooney also were found amongst the many out there strutting their stuff. The music had ended, door prizes were given away, the lights had come on, and the 2006 season of racing had official come to an end for Mahoning Valley Speedway.

For those of you who had the opportunity to be there and passed up this opportunity, you definitely missed out on a great time. I have to thank the Wallace's (Rick, Dave, Lisa, and Karen), Mike & Courtney VanFossin, the twins Richard & Robert, Paul & Tina Skodacek, and last but not least my awesome boyfriend, Jake, for a really really GREAT evening.

LongIslandJam
12-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Sounds like you had some fun!

RGeeProductions
12-11-2006, 08:30 AM
She was trashed!!!! LOLOL

BlingxBling
12-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Yes, I can reassure you I was FEELING REALLLLLY GOOD. Not overboard, which would cause me to be obnoxious and out of control, but well enough to kick my tush the next day!

RGeeProductions
12-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Not overboard, which would cause me to be obnoxious and out of control, but well enough to kick my tush the next day!
HUH?!?!? OBNOXIOUS & OUT OF CONTROL???
GET BACK TO WORK!!!!
I'll call da boss.....

BlingxBling
12-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Good thing I am not due to be in work until 1:30 huh? :-) Talk to ya later alligator!