PDA

View Full Version : More Sad News-Luigi Tiripicchio

RACENUT
11-26-2006, 04:12 PM
It Is With Deepest Regret We Wish To Inform You Of The Passing Of Islip Speedway Figure 8 Driver Car #74, Luigi Tiripicchio. He Was A
Dear Friend To All That Knew Him.

Viewing Will Be At:

Moloney's Lake Funeral Home
132 Ronkonkoma Avenue
Lake Ronkonkoma, Ny 11779
(631) 588-1515

Today (sunday) From 2-4 & 7-9 Pm
Burial Tomorrow (monday) St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church 9:45am
Portion Road
Lake Ronkonkoma, Ny

Our Sincerest Condolences To His Family And Friends.

He Was One Of The Finest Men I Ever Knew. He Will Surely Be Missed.

Alan Bowers

W. J.
11-26-2006, 04:37 PM
One of the greatest Figure-8 drivers of his era, always entertaining and competitive.
Sorry to hear of his passing. Luigi will be missed and my condolences to his whole family.

Tower Man
11-26-2006, 05:35 PM
The last of the Ronkonkoma Gang, Mike Dentone, Joe Hlatky, Johnny Zell and now Luigi. I will never forget the Italian and American flags on his roof and the seat in the middle. He was one of the best I ever saw, and I saw many.

My prayers are with Luigi's family at this time.

When does the sadness end?

rydogg97
11-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Very sad news!! But the enjoyment that he gave me when I was growing up watching him race will never be forgotten!!! Thank you very much!! I wish the family well in their time of grief. :*-(

allhailunc
11-27-2006, 11:26 AM
One thing that stands out most in my mind about Luigi was even in the middle of the summer in 90+ degree heat he would always be wearing his lumberjack shirt and his wool hat.One of the greatest to ever grace to 8 and will be missed by all that knew him :*-(

randomrodder
11-30-2006, 12:21 AM
R.I.P. Luigi, we sure did enjoy watching you go into action, no fear with your flags wavings. Those were good times.

DAN D.
12-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Sad to hear about Luigi, I think I remember the Italian flag on that fig 8 car? May he rest in the big X in the sky.

JohnZ10
12-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I really wish I could have been up North to pay my respects. Luigi was like a grandfather to me growing up. Every Sunday after church, My Dad and I would go over Luigi's and watch the Cup race. We would eat what ever pasta Luigi had made that day, which always turned out great. Then they would sit there and drink Schmidts Beer.
R.I.P. Luigi, you will be missed.

Dwight Clock
12-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Rarely have I ever met a man who could put a smile on my face as easily as Luigi. Everyone loved him and well they should have. RIP Luigi!

pappy
12-11-2006, 10:42 AM
My condolences to Luigi's family. I could not be up North to pay my respects to a great person. He was fun to watch race, and later a great friend. I hope he is with the rest of the guys that have passed on. You will be missed by all. R.I.P. AL VAN NESS.