PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injected Motor

cm9
12-12-2006, 07:38 PM
I can't understand why everyone is so up in arms over a motor. If you think it gives you that much of an edge, sell your built motor and buy one. It will cost you $6300 compared to about $15,000- $20,000 for a built motor. The injected motor produces 325 hp. Now tell me that there aren't built motors at the track putting out lots more hp than that. The Injected motor is legal at every track in New York, and also in the NELMA Series. The motor for the most part is maintenance free. Change the oil every other race,change the plugs once a year get in it and drive it like you stole it. Need an alternator or water pump throughout the year, go to your local auto parts store and get one cheap. Trust me, that car won races because there was an experienced driver behind the wheel and that car was gone over front to back after every race and because of a crew that can set up a race car. I also believe that one of the drivers complaining about that motor posted on the forum a year or so ago that he blew his motor up and had a chance to buy one, but maybe circumstances changed and you decided to fix yours, I don't know. I am not trying to bash you for not buying one. If it does make you feel any better, the 37 Late Model has sold that motor to me and it will be coming to track near you in 2007, whether it be in Pa. or NY. But don't look for me to be blowing your doors off with it, since I will be a rookie and looking to just get seat time and make it a learning year. If you want more information on the motor, throw me a pm.

Erin C
12-12-2006, 08:03 PM
The best of luck to you next year as a rookie in the division!

cm9
12-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Thank You and Best of Luck to you and your family with the new track. If the motor is allowed I plan on hopefuly making some Sunday trips to Bethel.

Erin C
12-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks, Chris...and that would be very nice if you made the trip. If you do come up to Bethel make sure you stop and see me and show me the car so I know which one to root for :applause:

LM13
12-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Try again, 475hp to 525 hp or more, depending on what chip you have in it, and you don't have to worry about jetting it, depending on the weather. I guess you got more than you paid for.

RICK16RACIN
12-13-2006, 12:53 AM
What Phil said!!!! I to looked up that package, and yes, it was 425 hp, if I am not mistaken, and it automatically adjusts air /fuel mix. What about traction controll?? You got the motor, but did you get the right computer?? Gary even said that the car had the ability to reach 475 horse power and w/ aluminum heads! It would be different if it were in the rules or gave us a little notice, BUT they tried to sneak it by and not say a word about it! (That's not cool!!!) But Gary was going to keep an eye on it, but Jim laughed all the way to the bank with Mountain's money! But hey, that's what Joe Callavini gets for letting Gary jam it up everyone's butt (LOW CAR COUNTS!!!!)
PS my motor was only $7200 dollars and we finished second to that thing on the night they tried to pull a fast one on us!! So as far as I am concerned, Mountain owes me the purse difference of $400, because the car should have been DQed, and my freind, that was the last night any of my 3 race cars and 8 crew were at Mountain! But hey, Joe will survive without my $700 a week I used to spend there!!! (just my facts) R.Collins
17*

White Lightnin
12-13-2006, 05:26 PM
By letting the 37 run his injection, contrary to rules plainly stating 4412 carb only, how many cars did this entice to run Mountain last year? Just wondering how successful this turned out to be.

RICK16RACIN
12-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Some guys thought they could beat him, boy were they wrong! He made everyone look bad!! He even had a really bad push one night, and the way he'd rocket off the corners he was still fast!! I think that contributed to the low car counts!! Joe Callavini took care of the rest of them not showing up!!
6*

mafap
12-14-2006, 03:12 PM
We have much less horsepower than what you guys are talking about and still can't get it to the floor, so I'm not sure why you would think it's all about hp and FI. You can only go as fast as the tires will let you. It comes down to having a car that turns well (setup), good crew, good driver and some luck.. I also agree that rules are rules and that should be addressed, but that's not why he won one race this year....what about all the other times he was there?

White Lightnin
12-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Is that a 4412 unaltered fuel injection unit? The bottom line here is that the management always has a bad habit of chasing 12 racers in order to gain 1.

cm9
12-14-2006, 05:55 PM
And if your worried about traction control, well, anyone with a few grand can put traction control in any car and hide it.

RICK16RACIN
12-14-2006, 10:35 PM
But when it gets hidden by the track officials, that's not right. But if you hide from the officials, then your not right!! Everyone is a little innovative when it comes to their cars, and like I said before, nobody was warned in advance this car was coming. As far as the rules go, this car wasn't even in the gray area!! (Not in the rules at all when this happened!) And if it is included in the rules now, they should have a tech guy that knows the whole package, not trying to read up on it after the fact! Just like White Lightning said, he chased 8 to 10 cars just to accommodate 1!! So on average, each car would spend $300 to $500 on a Saturday night. Well you do the math, doesn't sound good to me!!! He lost 3 cars just from me!!! 2 late models, 1 factory stock! Average total cost for us, $700 a week! I know you are a rookie and it is gonna take seat time, but with that kind of package, you are way ahead of the game!!! Good luck in your first year!! Have a good holiday!!
R.Collins