Zcar
12-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey Mike-

How are the rules coming?

Can't wait for 2007 at Mountain! See you there~

Scott Adams

Zcar
12-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the 'tip'. But the question wasn't for you. I can wait.

Scott

jm31
12-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey Zcar.. What are ya building?

Zcar
12-13-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm in the process of putting an 8 cyl. Thiller together.

Scott

jm31
12-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Cool, us too...What kind of car? Model, that is. You building from scratch?

461_SS
12-13-2006, 03:40 PM
If you have something negative to say, please don't say it. Personally, I can't wait for next year at the mountain! See everyone there! Hope your car turns out great!

Happy holidays!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Rich 461 SS

tstiles
12-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I heard that Mountain is adding $200 to the truck race winner. $500 to win, still the same 20 truck minimum.

jm31
12-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I have had no problem getting in touch with the track. As for what type of car? I'm looking for ideas, not for bashing. We have decided to field a Thriller on a limited schedule in 2007, not enduro's. Racing is racing no matter what division or what track, and not everyone will get along...that's human nature. If someone doesn't want to run Mountain, then don't. If someone doesn't want to run BMP or MVS, then don't, but do not criticize anyone else's decisions. If we get the short end of the stick at Mountain, that's our problem. If you guys get the short end wherever you run, that's your problem.
Our decision to run Mountain this year came as a TEAM decision. Some of the guys on the crew can't make a long trip, or pay for a motel room, or whatever... We are not wealthy, we do not own a business, we don't have 300 years in racing, so we will do what we can for the love of the sport. Racing is a sport, a spectator sport, and that doesn't mean just in the stands. It's here on the forum, in the Gater and AARN, just remember that. Reading through this forum, some posts are downright slander, and that's coming from BOTH sides.
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Good luck next year whatever you do...

Zcar
12-13-2006, 04:56 PM
I am building from scratch. Using a Pontiac Trans Am. I like the suspension setup on them. I tried the 4 cyl. thing the past couple of years, but theres just the setup involved with those front wheels drives.

Scott

jm31
12-13-2006, 05:01 PM
We have run a 4cyl in the past year or 2..Try getting around the track with a car that has NO front end adjustments, they are factory pre-set. It wasn't pretty. Are you building your own cage? We have an F body Camaro in the works, and so far it's coming along well. Anyway, if anyone has any hints or maybe looking for a few, send me a pm, and I'll be glad to help if I can.. I am looking forward to the 2007 season...period...

Thanks

Zcar
12-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah I have my dad doing most of the cage fab. He's got quite a few years under his belt. I'm looking very forward to the season starting. First year with a 'real' race car.

EricaR
12-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Hey all,
Just wanted to give you all a heads up that a meeting was held at the track last night. All meeting was spent on the rules. Some things were added, nothing major, so don't worry, and some things were taken out.
They are in the works, being polished and cleaned up, and as soon as they are ready to be released, a message will be put on the MOUNTAIN SPEEDWAY SITE. Keep checking back at the home page for all new press releases. Have a great night! Erica

vsmidge68
12-14-2006, 04:40 AM
There's cars and things for sale on the Long Island Jam classifieds. Not sure what you are looking for, but maybe you can find something there. Good Luck.

jm31
12-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Zcar..That's great...one of the guys I have helping is an excellent fabricator..
EricaR..Thanks for the info..I'll keep looking..
vsmidge68...already looked there, thanks..

It's nice to see some positive posts...Thanks...

Zcar
12-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Exactly what I was goin for! :cool: