PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea? Tires

LM13
12-16-2006, 01:21 AM
When it come to tires,if you are going to run rules that mirror other speedways AND you are going to run on Sundays----then don't sell "TRACK" tires. Let them run what they have! Soak them with whatever, if you want!! If you are an MVS car, then you can run the MVS tire as the rule states, if you are a Mt. car, you can run the Mt. tire--- or an MVS tire as the rule states, etc. etc etc. Get my point, Sunday racing, no tire cost and you might get car's there. DON'T TRY TO MAKE MONEY SELLING TIRES. That's the biggest "weekly" expense to the racer. Let us [the driver, owner] look for the best way to make tires last a whole weekend.

LM13
12-16-2006, 01:38 AM
Who cares about a level playing field, it's all about getting cars through the back gate. And it might make for some great racing.

RICK16RACIN
12-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Phil what the heck you talking about! You can't do that!! But you could keep the tire prices down! You know, and I do, that Joe Callivini was making a ton on tires (just an example: 2007 street stock tires $120 at Mountain, the same tire at Wall $85, hmm) Just because Mountain screwed everyone on tires and much more (fuel), that doesn't mean Bethel's new managment will do the same!!! Stop being so negative!! :disgusted

Jaws
12-17-2006, 05:50 PM
That's actually kind of a funny point, as I heard some of the Riverhead cars were racing at Mountain because of the same tire being so much cheaper than Riverhead.

BlingxBling
12-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Since this is under Pocono Thunder, I would simply think that Phil was referring to Mountain and MVS. After all the biggest issue was tires.......