PDA

View Full Version : What Street

DAN D.
12-17-2006, 11:19 AM
I went down a street yesterday, that I use to go down when ISLIP was open, remember comming off southern state and the 1st block south that you made a right into was to get into the back area pits of ISLIP.. there was a TEXACO that I remember on the south east corner ,, WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THAT STREET?
They now made it a dead end ct. All you can see now over the fence is Golds Gym lit up. and The parking lot lights are high in the sky.. I had a old vision that I was looking at the lights that us to light up the track...only thing missing was the smell of rubber, clutches, broken rear ends, 1,000's of horse power, the smell of hot dogs the red and white boxes of popcorn, the boxes that held the the clear bubble goggles that spectators would buy to keep the rubber out of there eyes, the rubber still would get it in the hair and ears especially if you sat in the first 10 rows between 1 and 2. Boy do I miss that track.
What was the name of that street . come on no mapquest or google maps :help:

Dwight Clock
12-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Juniper St.

W. J.
12-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Or maybe Freeman Ave., which runs N/S just west of where the track was.

DAN D.
12-18-2006, 11:13 AM
juniper or jupiter i thinkjuniper like dwight says

RGeeProductions
12-18-2006, 11:25 AM
He got it. If you came off Southern and turned right to enter pits, you couldn't be on the west side.

unowho243
12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes it's Juniper. I live a few blocks away and I often go there to hang out.... there's still some old race car parts in the woods behind where the pits were.... also some parts of the seats and stuff...

Richie
12-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Yes it's Juniper. I live a few blocks away and I often go there to hang out.... there's still some old race car parts in the woods behind where the pits were.... also some parts of the seats and stuff...
You didn't find about 50 eight track tapes someone borrowed from my 56 Chevy one Sat. night in the early 70's, did you???