PDA

View Full Version : Bethel Motorsports Park

Racing Rebel
12-18-2006, 09:49 PM
#1) Let me start off this post asking a very important question.......is there anybody out there that can say that they never took a chance on something??? I highly doubt it! Jason & I have been together for 10yrs and have taken a lot of chances on a lot of things (including each other! :lol:) and guess what...we lived to tell about it! :wave: Imagine that! A very smart person once told me that "life is a gamble" and we are both willing to take a chance. We look at this way, we have a 50/50 chance at either running the track for 1yr and folding, or making it for many more years after that. Why not at least TRY??? :confused: Life is extremely too short, as many of us know all too well, and if you don't open the door when opportunity knocks---it many not knock again! :disgusted
I think that I have now expressed to everyone how serious Jason and I are about running this track and trying to make a go of it.
#2) I never realized how much people really do care about what happens to us and I want to thank you, from both Jason & I, for your concern from the bottom of our hearts. However----we have discussed this at length and have decided that we are going forth with "BETHEL MOTORSPORTS PARK" regardless of "WHAT COULD HAPPEN". We knew all of this before even thinking twice about it, and guess what--even if we do not make enough money to pay the track bills (yes, just the track bills-this is "JUST A HOBBY" to us-we both will keep our full time jobs to support ourselves and do not expect to make a career out of running this track) and end up closing the track at the end of the season---at least we can say that we tried--and succeeded--yes, succeeded at not sitting back saying "WHAT IF?" :applause:
#3) Jason & I are leasing the track, Billy is basically doing EVERYTHING else. We're all in it together, but when it comes down to brass taxes Jason & I that have the huge bill over our heads. Bottom line---Billy could not do it on his own, we could not do it on our own, and all you racers out there that are interested in racing at BMP would not be able to race there without us. :disgusted WE ALL NEED EACHOTHER!!! :wave: So instead of telling us what we should be doing, telling us how "RISKY" this is, fighting with each other, and wasting your time and energy......................sit back, have FAITH, and just be patient to see what is happening with the new track. :cool: We have a lot of really nice plans and are doing it for EVERYONE!!! Jason & I are very peacefull people, and do not like conflict in our lives at all, we did not go into this wishing anyone to have conflicts with eachother. :angel:
ACTUALLY......... our racing hobbies began in result of Mountain Speedway and we loved every minute of it. :applause: There are politics and problems everywhere be a race track or a shopping mall (just an example). We both want to thank Joe Callavini for giving us the track to race on and meet a lot of really nice people. :applause: Nobody knows exactly what happened between Joe and Billy-it's all hear say! The truth of the matter is, "THEY BOTH WORKED TOGETHER OVER MANY HOURS/DAYS TO GIVE US WHAT THEY THOUGHT AS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE". Jason and I have no gripes with either of them.
So please just stop the bickering and pointing of fingers of who said what, and did what, or didn't do, or what could happen, or how much money we're going to lose, or how much work we're getting ourselves into. PLEASE JUST STOP!!!

Marissa & Jason Makarewicz
Bethel Motorsports Park

RICK16RACIN
12-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Everything about that says CLASS!!!!! Nice job Marissa! You will do great, I personally dont think you have anything to worry about! Billy is deticated to success! But like you said ATLEAST you tried!!!!! Who cares what happend between Joe and Billy, We know where the detication is and thats where we are going! Live your dream and dont let anyone stop you !!! Have a great holiday!!
R&S Collins and the gang! :wave:

CIN
12-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Very nice Marissa. And you're right. You have to follow your dreams. And you all will succeed. I know it.
Have the best of Holidays. And we all will see you very soon.

CIN

nbwracing
12-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Good luck to you & Jason with your endeavor. My Team's opinion is as long as you guys do this as a team, just like in marriage, it will be rewarding in some way or another. Thank you for moving to our neck of the woods, it sure will make it easier for us. Although Mountain's track is awesome compared to Bethel's, we would like to congratulate you guys & I'm sure I can speak for almost anyone who raced at Bethel for taking on the task, "Thank you, thank you,thank you, Marssia & Jason." :applause: :applause: :applause: P.S. Shoot an email if I can be of any help to you guys. Good luck!!! Big Mike NBWracing