PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Fuel Cell to a TRUX

jtjr099
12-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Being that all the 4 and 6 cylinder motors these days are electronic fuel injection, how do you go about adding a fuel cell? Any info would be great.

rocket
12-19-2006, 09:51 PM
I have a 4.3 6cyl and use a Holley Blue pump.(you need 9 to 13 psi, the TBI self regulates so you don't need a regulator.) Put a filter between the cell and the pump. I hope this helps. Rich #7 TRUX

pitbull113
12-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Do you have to install a fuel cell? The Chevy S-10 has the fuel cell on the left side, between the front and rear wheels. Could not be a better spot to turn left. I also know some guys have "experimented" with removing the tank, flushing it real good, and melting lead and pouring it into the tank. The straps are able to handle much more weight than a full tank of gas. DISCLAMER If anybody tries this and blows themselves up, don't blame me :*-( The tank needs to be flushed extremely well and aired out for a while.

richardpetey
12-20-2006, 07:23 PM
No advantage in removing the fuel tank, its in a perfect spot in front of the left rear wheel.................. :disgusted
Besides the rules specify a fuel cell must be centered in the middle of the p/u bed, you'll lose the left side weight advantage..................... :(
Those trucks need all the rear weight they can get, hehe........... :rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
12-21-2006, 07:43 AM
I CAN VOUCH FOR THAT!!! No more 3 or even 2 wheeling for me!!! :P

RacinRob
12-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Erin, I can guarantee no more 2 or 3 wheeling.