PDA

View Full Version : Tour schedules announced. Riverhead back on schedule

btgoss
12-19-2006, 08:49 PM
As I am sure many of you have seen, the tour schedules have been released. And our little slice of heaven is on the schedule. Interesting idea for the race.
Here is the schedule. I will have it on Google calendar by the weekend.

2007 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Schedule
Date Track Site
April 15 Thompson Int'l Speedway Thompson, Conn.
April 29 Stafford Motor Speedway Stafford Springs, Conn.
May 6 Wall Township Speedway Wall Township, N.J.
May 25 Stafford Motor Speedway Stafford Springs, Conn.
June 21 Thompson Int'l Speedway Thompson, Conn.
June 30 New Hampshire Int'l Speedway Loudon, N.H.
July 8 Twin State Speedway Claremont, N.H.
Aug. 4 Riverhead Raceway Riverhead, N.Y.
Aug. 10 Stafford Motor Speedway Stafford Springs, Conn.
Aug. 16 Thompson Int'l Speedway Thompson, Conn.
Aug. 25 Mansfield Motorsports Speedway Mansfield, Ohio
Sept. 1 Martinsville Speedway Martinsville, Va.
Sept. 9 Thompson Int'l Speedway Thompson, Conn.
Sept. 15 New Hampshire Int'l Speedway Loudon, N.H.
Sept. 30 Stafford Motor Speedway Stafford Springs, Conn.
Oct. 14 Thompson Int'l Speedway Thompson, Conn.
Oct. 19-20 "Save the date"

The Riverhead race is one of 3 Flash races. Basically two "heats" will be run first, odd and even in points. Then the feature. Should give the fan more racing... and the parts guy more income.

The Southern Tour is:

2007 NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Schedule
Date Track Site
March 24 Caraway Speedway Asheboro, N.C.
April 1 Music City Motorplex Nashville, Tenn.
April 7 Greenville-Pickens Speedway Greenville, S.C.
April 14 Caraway Speedway Asheboro, N.C.
July 6 Caraway Speedway Asheboro, N.C.
Aug. 4 Bowman Gray Stadium Winston-Salem, N.C.
Sept. 1 Martinsville Speedway Martinsville, Va.
Sept. 3 Ace Speedway Altamahaw, N.C.
Sept. 8 Caraway Speedway Asheboro, N.C.
Sept. 15 Southern National Raceway Park Kenly, N.C.
Sept. 22 Caraway Speedway Asheboro, N.C.
Oct. 6 Caraway Speedway Asheboro, N.C.
Oct. 19-20 "Save the date"

The save the date is most likely the rumored Toyota Shootout. I hear it is still going to be at Irwindale... but we shall see. If it is Irwindale, can someone please give Jesse James a ride? He knows the track, and I am sure NASCAR would love for him to be in the show. Maybe invite that group of guys running real Modifieds in the North West.

Links to both schedules.

Southern Tour http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/official/12/17/whelen.southern.schedule/index.html

Northern Tour
http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/12/17/whelen.modified.schedule/

Rich Mergl
12-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Love the Modified Tour, haven't missed a tour race in Riverhead. I will be in Pocono Friday - Monday For the Pennsylvania 500 in Pocono Aug 5TH. Sure other Folks getting up early Sunday won't go to Riverhead Saturday Night also. With the whole Month of July open, I'm surprised they picked a date that conflicts with a Cup Race in such close proximity.

btgoss
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I am sure we will see some movement in the schedule.
But I had no idea about the Pocono conflict... not smart.... which of course is so unlike Nascar..

Ace
12-21-2006, 05:02 PM
The last 7 years the tour has been at Riverhead the 1st week in August. There's more about the tour race here http://racerhub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=153

Rich Mergl
12-21-2006, 05:40 PM
But the Pocono Race was always the last Sunday in July. Never the first Sunday in August. Trust me on this one.

LongIslandJam
12-21-2006, 06:28 PM
That's correct Rich.... And the first August weekend has been the Brickyard 400 for the past 10 years...

The Bullfather
12-21-2006, 09:22 PM
No Big deal, Pocono is such an easy drive for a Cup race. Not much happens at Pocono during friday and Saturday. Catch an ACRA race and some last min. practice. Granted the pits are the place to be at Pocono, drivers are easy to get too there. But we're talking 2 mod heats at 60 laps and a main of 70. I'd forget about Pocono friday and saturday and leave at 6-7am and still get to Pocono with plenty of time. It did help to have someone with me that had a handicap sticker, but that's due to health issues. Caught the end of the race and got out to beat the traffic. Wouldn't of happened at Dover! Now Dover is the place to be Friday-Sunday!!!