PDA

View Full Version : The cable show on public access

maestri fan 1
12-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Now before I say anything, I want to make clear that I'm not knocking it at all. Basically all I want to say is why is it that there isn't more Riverhead racing on there. The Turkey Derby was fantastic on the show, but this is Long Island, personally I feel you should put various races from Riverhead on there. As far as the fire truck racing, personally I'm not to into that, but it is interesting to some people, but again more Riverhead Raceway RACING should be shown.

P.S. This is just my opinion, and again I'm not knocking the show or anyone on it, I just feel that Long Island Need For Speed should be more racing and not interviews and fire truck racing.

W. J.
12-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Okay, to help you out here, realize that Rick (Miller) and Kevin (Bacik)work together producing these shows. They try to keep it current, which is why you saw what you saw. Also keep in mind that they are both involved as volunteer firefighters, and have an interest there. When Riverhead racing resumes, there will be a lot of stock car racing from Riverhead for everyone to see, as Kevin and Rick are there every week, during the season. I don't have cable (Thank God!), but they have given me tapes of their programs from Riverhead, and they are good. They could be better if they got sponsorship to upgrade their current equipment, but they do a great job with what they have to work with. Support the show on cable, they fought long and hard to get it back on after Cablevison dropped them earlier in 2006. They do this for their love of racing and to help the fans see things they normally wouldn't get to see, and for that we should all be thankful. And remember to keep an open mind about the firetruck events, some of them are pretty good.

maestri fan 1
12-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Ahh!!! The wonderful words of W.J. LOL!!! Good point, and I do try and keep an open mind for the fire truck racing. What got me this week was how they showed some modifieds and then cut them off and went to firetrucks. Oh Well, at least theres a show.

Have a good Holiday W.J.!!!!!

maestri fan 1
12-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Okay, to help you out here, realize that Rick (Miller) and Kevin (Bacik)work together producing these shows. They try to keep it current, which is why you saw what you saw. Also keep in mind that they are both involved as volunteer firefighters, and have an interest there. When Riverhead racing resumes, there will be a lot of stock car racing from Riverhead for everyone to see, as Kevin and Rick are there every week, during the season. I don't have cable (Thank God!), but they have given me tapes of their programs from Riverhead, and they are good. They could be better if they got sponsorship to upgrade their current equipment, but they do a great job with what they have to work with. Support the show on cable, they fought long and hard to get it back on after Cablevison dropped them earlier in 2006. They do this for their love of racing and to help the fans see things they normally wouldn't get ;) ot :lol: see, and for that we should all be thankful. And remember to keep an open mind about the firetruck events, some of them are pretty good.

I had to do it!!! SPELLING ERROR NEXT TO THE SMILEY.

J/K Walter but you know I had to point it out.

W. J.
12-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Okay, but it's not a 'spelling error' it's finger dyslexia, LOL!

maestri fan 1
12-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Good come back. LOL

W. J.
12-24-2006, 03:52 PM
How about: hold your monitor up to a mirror and the error is corrected, LOL!!!
I hope you have a safe and great holiday season, Matt.