PDA

View Full Version : ANY ROOKIES IN MODS FOR 2007 ? Moving Up?

DAN D.
12-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Will there be any Rookies in mods next year? Just wondering if anyone heard that some of the mod drivers are not racing next year? Has anyone heard that a specific driver or drivers will not be racing/retiring/taking a sabbatical leave? etc.. Just curious..
Will there be any rookies?

LongIslandJam
12-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Bobby Gardner is moving on up to the Modifieds... So are Chris Beutler and Dave Brigati, full-time... Should be a talented rookie class.

W. J.
12-27-2006, 09:38 AM
It would also be nice to see Rusty Turbush back in a Modified, but so far, no word on that. Then, there is the possibility of Sean Patterson, who also was looking to move up from LM's. :)

spabler
12-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Chris is running the full season at Riverhead in the #21 Mod. We are looking forward to a fun season, rookie of the year or not. We have a great car with a good driver and a lot of "new" and former sponsor support, along with some new crew members who know their way around a mod. Given all that and some racing luck, it should be a good year for Spabco Racing.
J.A. I think Dave has already won rookie of the year a few years back. Sean's dad told me he was running the tour. You would have to email him to confirm that though.
Paul Beutler
Spabco Racing

Tower Man
12-27-2006, 04:40 PM
According to what I have been told, Sean Patterson will be running the tour.

LongIslandJam
12-27-2006, 04:55 PM
You're right everyone...

Dave Brigati was the 1995 rookie of the year, but I'm hearing he's moving back up. So yes, not technically a rookie.

Sean Patterson is indeed running the tour, that's his plan.

Rubbin&Racin
12-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Good Luck Paul with the Mod, we wish Chris all the best in his Rookie year. Hope to read good things.
Happy New Year from Tennessee
All our best,
Andy & Jo-
LM #84 :wave:

The Bullfather
12-29-2006, 06:10 PM
I thought Chris handle more than his own in the Gershow modifed the few races he stepped behind the wheel. Giving the car which is great handling and horsepower for the track, but you need the brawn behind the wheel to make it go and keep it away from hitting the wall the drivers around you! I think Chris would have had more seat time but as we know John Denniston got the 02 ride at the end of the season. I'm thinking Chris will do good behind the wheel. Just needs to know how to lean on the rails and make his presents known whithout upsetting other drivers lol. But he will do good.

Think it may take a little time for Gardner to get used to the modifed seat, but he has the drive to move up front.

Like to see how much time and effort is put into Brigati's modifed. Knowing him and the crew, it should be ready to go with some changes in 07'.