PDA

View Full Version : Update F1 Kart Track

DAN D.
12-29-2006, 04:04 PM
I RECIEVED THIS FROM MARC LIEBOWITZ JUST PASSING IT ON

Dear Friends,

I know that this is a very busy time of year for everyone. I will keep this message brief. The public hearing with the Town of Riverhead regarding F1 Long Island has been rescheduled for January 18, 2007 at 3:30 pm. This hearing will take place at the Town of Riverhead Town Board Room, 200 Howell Avenue, Riverhead, NY 11901. If you want this type of facility on Long Island we urge you to attend this hearing. Please feel free to circulate this email to anyone you feel would be interested in supporting this project.

If you cannot be present, please mail or fax a letter in support of to Richard Hanley, Director of the Town of Riverhead Planning Department at 200 Howell Avenue, Riverhead, New York 11901 or fax your letter to the Town of Riverhead at (631) 727-6712.

We will have a support rally immediately before the hearing at 2:30 pm at the American Legion Hall in Riverhead. If you are going to attend the hearing and want to attend the rally please let us know. We will send you directions and information.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via e-mail or at (516) 946-6225. Please visit www.f1longisland.com for information and up to the minute details.

Many of you have requested membership information; thank you for your interest. We plan on releasing this information after we receive our approvals- please be patient.

Over a year ago F1 Long Island introduced a plan for a state-of-the-art karting venue to be built on Edwards Ave. in Calverton, New York. If built, F1 Long Island will offer an exciting entertainment venue for the public and karting enthusiasts. This project has the potential of bringing a great economic boost and significant tax benefit to the region.

Reasons to Support Our Proposal

F1 will provide a safe local entertainment venue for young people and families.

F1 will offer a unique tourist and business travel destination for individuals, families, corporate executives and racing enthusiasts.

F1's proposed Go-Kart venue will have a positive economic impact, generating millions of dollars in tax revenue and local economic activity.

During the development and building stages of the project, many good-paying construction jobs will be created.

The proposed facility is projected to employ 110 - 120 employees (50 full-time) with additional part time, seasonal and event staff.

Local businesses and not-for-profit organizations need venues like F1 Long Island to promote charitable giving, business and economic development.

This project will turn a property that has become a dumping site for construction debris and an "eyesore" into a modern and environmentally friendly facility.

F1 will help support local karting groups and foster the sport of karting in the region.

TO LEND YOUR SUPPORT

VISIT: www.f1longisland.com

E-MAIL: info@f1longisland.com

or

CALL: (516) 946-6225

W. J.
12-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks, Dan, I got it also, but you beat me to the posting, LOL.