PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Horn Stafford

DriveitinDeep
01-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Great pictures. Nice to see the Richie Resner owned outlaw car built by George Taylor driven by Big "E" win again and again. Earnhardt ran Richie's car several times at different tracks and won most every time out.
Last time I saw that car run was at Thompson with Paul MaC. driving it in the early 90's

An Observer
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey RJ. Happy New Year. Didn't Paul at one point win 11 in a row with that car up in NH and all around? And if I'm not mistaken, one night upstate, Dale was slightly indisposed, so the track announcer stuck with the ruse when it was actually Paul driving against ol' DW ,etc. Too bad no LM 8-4. SOS

DriveitinDeep
01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Same to you Clay,

I'm not sure, you could be right, but I think Dale was driving Richie's car before he and Paul hooked up. I believe Bruce Edwards was driving for Richie at the time. Ask Paul, as that was a few years ago.

W. J.
01-03-2007, 04:13 PM
No, one things for sure, and that is that Paul was driving that car by then. I believe Bruce stepped back to be crew chief.
What a great series of pictures. Of all the specials that have ever been put together, I'm sorry I missed that one, but it was fun to read about in the trade papers. :)

An Observer
01-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah-Paul's 1st race in that car was at Lee's Octoberfest in 1985. 80 cars showed up for 28 spots. Paul won the race. The next season, they won 13 races with the car running part time at Hudson and Lee. Previously, Earnhardt won 5 out of the 6 races in that car with Richie, and then a short stint with Edwards, until Richie offered the ride to Paul. Those sound like some Fun days!