PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

Geno
01-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Hello!

Some of you may know (from my PR list) and some may not, which is the reason for my post:

Saturday was my last day in the booth at Mountain & I will not be returning to the speedway for the regular 2007 season as the track announcer/PR person. Instead I’m taking on other responsibilities and will still be at the track every few weeks.

As much as I enjoy the folks at Mountain, I received an offer from a local newspaper (Berwick/Bloomsburg area), which added the opportunity to attend races at a number of local tracks and write about the events and the local talents. We all know that attracting local papers to local racing is nearly impossible at times, so that makes this challenge and opportunity worthwhile. And it will also benefit Mountain.

I've enjoyed calling races at Mountain and I’m sure I’ll miss it, yet the position at the paper will include weekly trips to approximately five different racetracks in the area. The weekly winners, along with notable bits and pieces of the weekly events should now be in the paper on a weekly basis this season.

I’d like to thank you for all of your support over the last few years and also wanted to let you know that it was a lot of fun & I’ve made a lot of friends (many of which were there Saturday). My main goal when I started a few seasons ago was to try and help make a difference, with the fans and drivers and to try to get information out in a timely fashion. At the same token, I would like to thank Joe & Dorothy Callavini for the opportunity they have given me at Mountain.

An announcer and PR person will be announced before the season kicks off.

Looking forward to the upcoming season and seeing a great show!

Geno :cheers:

Just for the record- It was printed on an internet column a month or so again that I had left, but that was not true. Ironically, a new column states that I did, then came back, then left for “greener pastures”. LOL, sounds like a soap opera! Please pay no attention to that drama. :lol:

RGeeProductions
01-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Again, best to you in your ventures. It has been a pleasure with our few emails we passed.

Mike Fields
01-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Obviously, that column was the one that I put up about a month ago. This was stated from a post that I had seen which I misinterpreted.

You set me straight on that one, and I immediately corrected it in a column the following week.

Then, when I saw that you had joined a local paper out there, I almost fell out of my chair laughing; not at you, but at the circumstances of the previous two columns that I had written.

Finally, I wrote the column this past Sunday with the headline, "HE BAILS, HE STAYS, HE BAILS---".

I know that one person who contacted me in an e-mail misconstrued it as a knock on you. After going back and re-reading the column several times, I wrote back to that person that I was somewhat confused as to what I was being critical about.

The person wrote back that it was because of the headline. That headline was certainly not directed at you, but at the three total columns written that had you in it, including the mistakes that I had made.

For clarification, the new column does not anywhere state that you did leave, then came back, and then are leaving again. It does, however, state that you are leaving for "greener pastures". For many writers, if an opportunity came along to write for a daily, many would jump at it. It certainly is a very big step up.

So for the confusion, I do apologize. However, if you take a look at the three columns, you'll note that nowhere is there any criticism of you in any way.

richardpetey
01-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Congratulations Mr G., if anyone can bring out a new interest in the areas short tracks it'll be you........................ :applause:
Your timely press releases and respectable announcing will be sorely missed at Mountain Speedway................................... :*-(
It won't be long until you're the sports editor of the Hazelburg Daily Planet................... :cool:
UNCLE PETEY...................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

witchin8
01-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Geno its a shame to see a good person at the speedway go. I wish you luck in your new job and hope you still stop in at the track from time to time.

vsmidge68
01-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Good luck to you, Geno. You really made a difference @ Mountain and I am sure whoever you work with next is lucky to have you!! I'm sure our paths will cross again, I hope soon. Best of luck to you again!!! :wave:

W. J.
01-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Geno, I want to wish you all the best at your new position. You did a tremendously great job performing your multiple duties at Mountain Speedway and I'm sure you'll be missed. But in your new job, I know that a true race fan like yourself will continue to make our sport better for all involved, and you will work as diligently as you always have to reach that goal. I hope that pursuit gives you great pleasure, as no job is so satisfying as one that makes you glad you're doing it. I know we'll see you around at the tracks, so this is just so long for now, and thanks again for all you've done. :)

LongIslandJam
01-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Thank you Geno,

You've been the best as the PR man of Mountain, and I'll know you'll be the best in your new position.

Best wishes and keep in touch!

Motherbird
01-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Just wanted to say thank you, Geno, for the great job that you have been doing announcing at Mt. Speedway. Our group at the Enduros will certainly miss you! If your make it to future Enduros, don't forget to stop by for coffee and snacks!
Congratulations on your new venture with the newspaper! I have read your articles and they are very informative and I will be looking forward to reading your articles in the future.

The Welsh's Towing gang

#9SS
01-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Geno,

You will be greatly missed. I know that on several occassions you walked through the infield and spoke with racers and crews alike. If you saw a newcomer you spoke with them. That shows great interest and understanding on your part to know the people you talk and write about. I know you will carry that on to your new column and they are getting a great package deal with your experience. Stop by our pit when you have the chance and please let us all know here how it goes with your new adventure.

Best of luck (we know it will be great)

Jim and Sue Yamelski
#9 SS

2j Late Model
01-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Mr. G----Man

The best of luck to you and everything you do. We all know that you will do nothing but a great job as you have done at Mountain.

Good Luck

EricaR
01-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Geno,
Just wanted to let you know that I will miss you at the track. You have done such a great job, and whoever takes over the position at Mountain will have big shoes to fill. You were always right there pitching in for anything that you could do to help out, big wheel races, Shaunfest, press releases, the banquet, you always made sure that you had the most up to date information, and went out of your way to get it if needed. You did a fantastic job, and you as well as Tyler will be missed. Please stop by once in a while to say hello! Erica

toots
01-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Geno
What can I say that I haven't already said?? You are one of a kind. The past few years since you have been involved at Mountain have been the best years for me. You have been my right hand man- always ready to help me in any way that you could. If not for you I would never have been able to produce the weekly program. Your reports, great stories, big wheel articles, give away articles etc.
I know you will still be there for me if I am in a pinch, because that is the kind of person you are. YOU ARE THE BEST. MY BEST FRIEND.
Although I am going to miss you very much, I wish you the very best of luck. I know that you will do a good job because you are not there for just the money but because you love the sport. You gave it your all at Mountain and did a lot of wonderful things for the track.Who knows- you might actually miss us enough and come back. Tyler will also be missed- he was always such a great help in the souvenir booth ( like father-like son )
Looking forward to the days that you will be visiting Mountain again. :*-( :wave: :*-( :wave: :*-( :wave: :*-( :wave: :*-( :wave: :*-(

kinserfan11
01-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Geno; Good luck in your future writing job; it was Great working with you these last couple of years ! take care Jeff

17Racer
01-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Good luck Geno, :D :D it's a shame to see you go. You will be missed at Mountain :( , but try to stop by every now and then. :wave:

NJ Chick
01-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Geno, you've done so much for Mountain over the past few years, they are really going to miss you :*-( You always got the results and press releases out like lightening, before most even got home from the same night of racing! :) Your humor and quick wittedness at the mic were always appreciated! :p :D You were instrumental in getting the fans involved with the giveaways for the kids and adults alike, the big wheel races and many other behind the scenes things that most don't know about and you never took the credit for. ;) Best of luck in your new venture, I know you will be great at it. Here's to you my friend! :cheers:

:wave: :cool: :wave: :cool:

James White
01-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't know how you did all the time consuming chores in the little time you had to do it , but you were on your game 110% and made everyone feel at home even us silly NEW YORKERS :lol: :D We will miss you and look forward to a visit at the track :)

All the best to you and your family from the Hive :wave: :wave:

461_SS
01-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Hey Geno, I wish you the best of luck in your future travels. You will definitely be missed by everyone at the track! Just make sure when you are back at the track you come and say hi to us! Just remember, have fun!