PDA

View Full Version : DQ's.....?

racing#s
01-07-2007, 08:24 AM
It seems a few guys got the big DQ. Who and what for ?

W. J.
01-07-2007, 08:55 AM
One DQ was for different springs in the front suspension. That was Shawn Wanat's 02. It's an interpretation of rules thing, but that's what it comes down to. Not too sure why the other car didn't pass tech.

luvracing
01-07-2007, 10:26 AM
There were actually 3 Dq's. but one ended up being the winner.The first 2 cars teched were Dq'd rather fast (the 22 and 8) and then they started on Shawn's car. They went from front to back, then to motor, then back to front end. Went in their trailer had a meeting. came back to the front end and said the springs were 2 different sizes (one 6 coils and one 9 coils). My husband said impossible, he would take them out and put them on the ground or in their hands. They recounted with Shawn and came up with 8 and 8 1/2 coils. Shawn, knowing the springs had not been cut, again asked if they wanted them out. They said NO, you are DQ'd. By this time, 8 cyl"s were done with their 100 laps, and were coming into tech. They ran out of time and didn't tech others. Do not know how 8 got un-DQ'd because we left the area. We went to see how this would turn out because we all enjoy racing, but at this point, I do not think we wil be back there. Shawn was teched (his car for 30 to 40 minutes) until they could try to find something and what they came up with they wouldn't even let us disprove. So anybody that wants to just race, have fun and don't get to the line until 4th or 5th in line; maybe they will run out of time before they get to you.

pitbull113
01-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Tough break Elaine seems like the hillbillies don't like when the outsiders win. I'm dealing with the same crap down here in Florida. Just rednecks instead of hillbillies.lol Say hello to Robin and Shawn for me.

sround
01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
UnReal!!!!
Spit, one hell of a run kid! Sucks that some people just are favorites and are let to do whatever they want, and don't wanna be proven wrong. Congrats on the win again, Spit, and congrats to Larry Fisher on finishing second to a LEGAL car and on being able to cheat and get away with it. I really hate when there's favorites and not everyone is treated fairly. I thought Mountain Speedway was a fair place to race and they wouldn't get mad when outsiders come and try to have fun......

:*-( cry me a river and dont be mad that someone from the Island had a better day then someone from Penn.

racenut38
01-07-2007, 06:13 PM
That's not how it went down, get your facts straight before you throw stones. They were going to DQ Fisher and anyone else with a cambered tire. Fisher had a smaller bolt on the strut to get some camber, that's all they found. I was told by the tech guy before the race that they were going to let the cambered tires go. Shawn ran a great race. My hat's off to him. He is a great driver and I enjoy racing with him. It is always more fun racing with CLEAN drivers. It is a bummer getting DQ'd, I know. They should have let him slide with a warning for the next race. And they did DQ a Penn guy, too.

EnduroFromDE
01-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Thats weird, cause the only one I see crying a river is you chris.

Bobby Pease
01-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, that really stinks for Shawn.. I know it seems like they are out for ya when you spend a lot of time in tech.. Been there...

Bobby Pease

richardpetey
01-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Mountains new management wanted to go back to the enduro days and rules of old......................... :confused:
Many NEETS drivers and cars showed up with their old cars and they didn't fit the tracks new tech rules....................... :rolleyes:
So they tried to enforce the rules and they found out "the more things change the more they stay the same", hehe......... :D
UNCLE PETEY.............. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Idogg95
01-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I think history proves this track has made "some" questionable calls when it comes to drivers and teams from the Island.
Not bashing, just stating there is some history.

NEETS-1
01-14-2007, 11:51 PM
You're a good driver and real nice guy. I'm sure you did nothing knowingly wrong. I know your team well.
2 questions...What side was the xtra "1/2 coil" on? And does anyone know that sometimes lighter cars have slightly heavier springs directly from the mfr. on the left hand side to compensate for drivers weight and other equipment? ;)

racenut38
01-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I think Robin offered to take the springs out to compare them, but by then the 8 's were rolling in. I like the idea of bone stock, but there are a lot of gray areas. :cool:

W. J.
01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Billy, from what I was told, the extra 1/2 coil was on the right side.

luvracing
01-15-2007, 10:35 AM
The car was bought as a 'total', an insurance salvage. The extra 1/2 coil was on right side. Billy, I don't know if it makes a difference, the 95's and up have the motor towards right side (on Talons). They just wanted something. They also tried to say we had an adjustable shock. One was black and one was silver (both had Mitsubishi etched in them, one we believe being replacement). Robin stated to them if he had cut the springs, they would have been placed opposite of what they were accusing them to be.

richardpetey
01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
I wasn't there but I've been told............................................. ;)
Mountain enduro tech is awful cold....................... :help:
They better keep 'em all bonestock like we were told..................... :rolleyes:
Or run those races with the rules of old.............. :applause:
They can't make up their minds up, don't know what to do............. :confused:
So they try to keep the car count with a random DQ................. :eek:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Tracy87BB
01-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Uncle Petey, we can always count on you to provide some smiles... :lol:

W. J.
01-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah, Tracy, he's the Poet Laureate of Enduros! :lol:

Also the penultimate authority on DQ's!!! :)

richardpetey
01-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Thank you Tracy, its a good thing when people smile.............. :)
Yes WJ, I've experienced a few DQ's in my time and they have cost me many a win......................................... :*-(
But, above and beyond "creative engineering" and "rule interpretation", I have gained something more important than a trophy or prize money! Hopefully, the respect of my peers...................................... :applause:
UNCLE PETEY....................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: