PDA

View Full Version : DVD burning question

DAN D.
01-13-2007, 07:54 PM
I quess it's time to put all my race photos on a DVD now, not a CD, because I have 5.7 gb of photos. Anyway, here is my question.. when using Nero Smart Start, which is Nero 6, can you bring over one folder that has a bunch, like 20 folders in it with different titles, which have pics in it, and those folders even have folders in them, and be able to burn it that way? Or do I have to open every folder and move over each picture that is in each folder whether it is a main folder or a sub folder? confused HELP.. RGEE walked me thru most of it. Figures, I have not spoken to him in a year, but when I needed him, I called him and he was there to help. Thank you RGEE.

W. J.
01-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Dan, is this still a question, or just a tribute and thanks to Richie???

pinkswifee
01-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey try it both ways, or call rgee.

RGeeProductions
01-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Oh Thanks People!!!!
Dan Would Have It Done Already If He Had Just Shut Up And Listened!!!!

DAN D.
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Nope, I have the real Chrome Horn trying to help me, also. Okay, I think I said enough RGEE, you're right again.. anyway, SOMEONE HELP. Yeah, WJ, more of a tribute, I guess .. a well deserved one at that, also ..

RGeeProductions
01-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Dan, from what you told me, you did everything right. But without being there and seeing, kinda tough to troubleshoot. And yes, folders in folders will burn if made as a data dvd. Was there more than 4.7 gig? Was it dvd-r or dvd+r? Did you have buffer over run, which it would have said at the end of burning? Many, many things Dan.

DAN D.
01-14-2007, 10:17 PM
I LOWEReD THE FOLDERS TO 2200 AND THE DVD IS DVD +R, AND THE BUFFER OVERRUN I DON'T KNOW. Oops, sorry for caps. When I took the first folder and opened it, then opened the sub folder in it that had the individual pics, and moved the individual pics, about 50 of them over to the left side, the iso side and I had the drive selected, not image maker, it worked, but only when I had individual pics over. Also, all my sub folders have a thing called thumbnails which I deleted, then when I go out of the folder and then back in the, the thumbnails reappear, don't know if that has something to do with it, trying to copy a folder and when it comes to a thumbfile, it may kick it back out and say "cannot complete eve burning" ? HELP again.

RGeeProductions
01-14-2007, 10:37 PM
1. There may be a folder limit standard, nothing you can do about that
2. Throw dvd +r AWAY!!!!
3. Use dvd -r, more common and almost ALL dvd players will play them, dvd+r very selective and to me, useless. READ THIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD+R)
4. If you mean a file called "thumbs", it's used to sort out pics in windows. I turned it off, as every folder gets this file and to me it is also useless function and takes up space. Says it speeds up viewing pictures and it's not much quicker than not using it. You are doing something wrong, because if set to data or iso, it would copy a file as it is, no matter what it is. UNLESS there is a very big video, then you must burn the disk as a "udf", not "data" or "iso". Data and iso only support to a specific size file. Videos are larger and you will usually be warned when you click burn.

As I said, hard to troubleshoot Dan.
There are many walk thru sites online for burning dvd with Nero 6 Burning Rom, not Smart Start or Nero Vision........
USE THEM.

DAN D.
01-15-2007, 11:58 PM
So I guess I will junk the 10 dvd+r discs because I did read the whole thing on the difference and I would say that the dvd-r has less errors and how do you turn that thumb thing off then? Thanks and I have been to lots of dvd forums and Nero 6 stuff, except I can't find the answer, maybe the discs.. thanksk