PDA

View Full Version : Motorsports 2007

BlingxBling
01-15-2007, 12:14 AM
EXCITING!! That would be the only word that I can use to explain my adventures in Atlantic City. Although the parking situation was quite confusing, after making a complete circle on the Atlantic City Expressway, we were able to find parking and walk our way towards the convention center. I had brought my 6 month old daughter, Emma, for her first racing experience outside of the womb. Zig-zagging through the people, we found the box office and made our way around the concourse to get inside to check out the show. Wall to wall nothing but, vendors, race cars, people, and other racing equipment. Each isle you walked up, you were educated more and more. Everything from Simpson race gear to Kirkey seats to Pocono Raceway to racing clothing and collectables. The new 2007 Nascar of Carl Edwards was on hand. Showing the difference between the old style and the new style.

Pat Hargan, a Mahoning Valley Speeway Late Model driver, was present with his car on display. The Checkered Dreams booth was filled with charity items for the auction, as well as a group of fantastic drivers signing autographs. Emma was able to meet some of the kindest people in racing. Entertaining herself in giggles as she mumble jibberish to Cindy Bott, taking her first driving test with Uncle Petey, holding on to his fingers showing she will have no issues turning the steering wheel of a race car in the future.

The day wore on as my boyfriend, Emma, and myself made it to through the entire building. It was time to head back to PA. Since the little one was way too young to be indoors for a racing event, we had to skip out on the evening race event. After the 3 hour trip back home, and a stop in Philly to see a family member, I was able to learn the Jersey Jet, Joey Payne, won. Of course, I missed it.

2.5 months remaining until racing season begins!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

RGeeProductions
01-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Super report there Amanda. Can Emma write something poopy for the main page????LOL